“Neat place, a little spicy”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #16 of 436 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 17, 2013

First trip to Chuy's and a tex-mex style of restaurant. The place has a fun atmosphere. The service was very good and they offered samples of the different types of dips. The food and portions were a good size, however everything was a little spicy for my taste.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I visit Chuy's at least once a month and have yet to be disappointed. Having visited what I think is the original location in Austin, TX, very excited when one opened locally. Great food and atmosphere. Make sure to ask for the "liquid gold" dip (mild jalepeno ranch cheese) for your chips to go with their great salsa. Never he had anything bad on the menu, but if you like your Tex-Mex on the mildest side, ask for peppers to be left on the side. Also, try the local beer-MayDay-on tap.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Lunch at Chuy's today was our second trip to the restaurant. The first time, we were meeting another couple and were seated at a table for four in a larger dining room than the one today. It was not as loud probably due to the time of day-early supper-as well as the room size. Today we were in the lunch crowd although it was already one o'clock. It is a very busy place. We had a nice booth but were seated next to a party of 18 they had accommodated by pushing tables together down the middle of the room. The room would have been nice without the tables in the middle because it had tables on both walls as it was. The noise level was way too high. My husband and I could not hear one another speak across the table. The party finished eating but stayed to talk and people were even coming from somewhere to talk to the seated ones and standing in the aisle. Servers could not get by. No one was being disorderly, it was just disturbing due to the crowded conditions. We were relieved that their party was over before we were finished and things quieted down during the latter part of our meal.
I have to say, the staff seemed to roll with whatever came and keep a smile and pleasant demeanor. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive as well. She waited on all of those people as well as us and seemed to be having a good time. We joked that they were really busy and she said it wasn't as busy as it had been earlier!

We ordered according to our tastes which required avoiding hot sauce for me. We like the kind of fresh food that is served there and the waitress saw that my food was just as I wanted it. No complaints there. I had an enchilada made with oven roasted chicken on a flour tortilla rather than the corn normally used for the dish. All I had to do was ask. I also asked for white cheese only and she made sure mine was strictly Jack.
Hubby had a big surprise when the bill came and he learned that he had ordered a six dollar glass of beer. (His food was only $5.99!) He questioned it and even the waitress was shocked. She took it to her manager who said, Yep. It comes from a local brewery and that is the price.The beer was a draft not listed on the menu so there was no price printed. Beers listed on the menu did not exceed $4.75. It had been something the waitress recited when asked about drafts, so even she did not know how expensive it was. Word to the wise-ASK before you say, Yes, I'll try that.

This restaurant is on the corner and has a very large parking lot. There is a large outdoor "room" on one side of the building with a grass roof which cannot be entered except from inside and also a few umbrella tables on a terrace outside the bar on the other side, also behind locked gates. I actually like that since people cannot just walk in from all directions; they must pass the welcome desk.

Overall, I see this as very hip, trendy place-lots of young folks but the food is a little different from your average Mexican place. It is good so there is a very large fan base of all ages. You may want to gauge the time of day you go there for the type of experience you are looking for. It will be festive and fun no matter when you go.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We decided to go to Chueys one day this week (5-08-13)because it was a perfectly pretty afternoon and just about 4:45 pm. The patio had 7 available tables (we counted as we left) so we went inside and asked to be seated on the patio, Two people were standing at the hostess stand, a young man and young woman. The inside dining was not crowded yet by any means! The young man answered that seating on the patio was closed as there was only one server. We told him we really wanted to eat outside so we would go elsewhere. His answer was "I understand." No please let me see what I can do, or "are you willing to wait a few minutes after we seat you?" Or what about the patio just outside the bar area where the bar attendant could help? Nothing! Since hardly anyone was eating inside, how about closing INSIDE dining? Poor management ! A QUIET afternoon just before dinner rush...makes no sense to me...but we did enjoy a fine dinner elsewhere for less than we would have spent there. When we have eaten on the patio in the past, we find it to be disorganized and have to ask for silverware, etc...while the food is good, there is much room for improvement...as we left, two more couples walked up wanting the same and I wonder what they told them? My husband said they would probably get their way by insisting and that I should ask to talk to the manager, but I said it was a pretty day and I didn't feel like spoiling it. I'm not saying that I won't be back, just that I'm no longer enthused...I would think in our economy, the manager would help on the patio on a pretty May afternoon just to keep business. Oh well, I've said all I need to say.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I will never go back. I met some out of town friends there who both brought their babies with them. I arrived first and they asked if we would mind being seated on the patio. I told them no thanks since I didn't want the babies to be cold but the hostess reassured me that it was a heated patio so i said ok. Well, half way through our meal, the other two tables around us began complaining that it was too hot which I thought was crazy bc it felt frigid even with the heater on. (And I'm hot natured) . They turned the heater off so I asked the waitress to turn it back on and she did. People started complaining again and the manager came to our table and basically told us they were sorry but they had to turn off the heaters... The rest of our time there was very cold and we had to go out to the car to get coats. Later our waitress told us the manager was going to take something off our check. When we got all our checks (3 separate checks) only one of us had a meal compted?? As if they just randomly decided who gets compensated for our frustration. So dumb. I'll never go back.