“Great afternoon for young kids”
Review of Discovery Center

Discovery Center
Nashville, Tennessee
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great afternoon for young kids”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We come here often. It is really geared for toddlers up to about age 10. This place doesn't really offer much for kids older than that. My 3yr old absolutely loves this place. He always asks to go. He loves the retired fire truck downstairs and he plays with the large water feature. There is a slide at the top of the stairs that drops off near the water feature. The model trains upstairs only runs 2-3 times a day- so sometimes you will miss it. The little door going into the model trains room is cute for toddlers, but an adult can't squeeze through very easily - so that can make for some running around because you walk around into the train room, then your child scoots back through the little door, of course. Some of the exhibits have been broken for a while and it's a shame that they don't get fixed. My son asks why all the buttons on the train set do not work. There is a wonderful antique car upstairs to sit in. Across from that is a garage where kids can fix up the car. My son really likes the construction vehicles he can operate and the large building blocks on the other side upstairs that go up a conveyor belt. We always spend a good 2 hours here, and if we have time, we walk in the wetland areas outside. Tickets are inexpensive and you can get an annual pass.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Rose P

Katy, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Kids love it!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great for kids 10 and under! My grandchildren love to visit the Discovery center and it's a good place to have birthday parties that are more about learning and exercise and less about toys and food! Room for adults to maneuver around and learn a bit, as well! Good value, clean and fun afternoon for children'!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kburris910
Nashville, Tennessee
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Beautiful boardwalk among preserve”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I am new to Murfreesboro and was curious as to what the Discovery Center is. I didn't go in the Children's Museum (which looked very to be very popular), but I walked on the boardwalk exploring about 25 acres of serenity in the way of a marsh area. It was very quiet and the cypress trees were growing out of the water. There were ducks and ducklings, a variety of birds and turtles. Just a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy some nature. I recommend going to see it. There is no fee to take the walk, but the Children's museum has a very reasonable admission.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank AllisonCW
Tennesee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Must”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

this place my granddaughter loves a must if you have children. Ages 15 months up to about 13 years old.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank mimicarol
Rockford, Illinois, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Fun Place for Young kids”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

A small but pack in Discovery Center. This place is good for kids 10 and under. I think kids older then this will get bord fast. This center is really geared for young minds. My kids are 4, 6, & 8. My 8 yr old did well but he was done after 2hrs.
The staff there was very friendly and helpful. We are from out of town, we have a different Discovery Center family pass and we thought it might work here and it did not. I would call ahead to see if your DC family pass will work (if you have one). Some do but ours did not. You can bring in outside food however there is no food there for you to buy. You get a wrist band when you come in, you can come and go (that day) with that band.
Adults and kids are $6 or membership is $75 for the family for the year. 2 and under are free. Stroller/wheel chair friendly. There is an out side part to play around in. A nursing room.
There are different activies on different days call or go to their web site.
615-890-2300 explorethedc.org