“Beautiful boardwalk among preserve”
Review of Discovery Center

Discovery Center
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I am new to Murfreesboro and was curious as to what the Discovery Center is. I didn't go in the Children's Museum (which looked very to be very popular), but I walked on the boardwalk exploring about 25 acres of serenity in the way of a marsh area. It was very quiet and the cypress trees were growing out of the water. There were ducks and ducklings, a variety of birds and turtles. Just a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy some nature. I recommend going to see it. There is no fee to take the walk, but the Children's museum has a very reasonable admission.

1  Thank AllisonCW
"running around"
"lower floor"
"special room"

Reviewed May 13, 2014

this place my granddaughter loves a must if you have children. Ages 15 months up to about 13 years old.

2  Thank mimicarol
Reviewed April 8, 2014

A small but pack in Discovery Center. This place is good for kids 10 and under. I think kids older then this will get bord fast. This center is really geared for young minds. My kids are 4, 6, & 8. My 8 yr old did well but he was done after 2hrs.
The staff there was very friendly and helpful. We are from out of town, we have a different Discovery Center family pass and we thought it might work here and it did not. I would call ahead to see if your DC family pass will work (if you have one). Some do but ours did not. You can bring in outside food however there is no food there for you to buy. You get a wrist band when you come in, you can come and go (that day) with that band.
Adults and kids are $6 or membership is $75 for the family for the year. 2 and under are free. Stroller/wheel chair friendly. There is an out side part to play around in. A nursing room.
There are different activies on different days call or go to their web site.
615-890-2300 explorethedc.org

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A couple of years ago I had to volunteer here for a class. I'm so glad I did! This place is so neat. They have a small concrete pond where kids are allowed to catch tad poles, they have fire trucks, an aquarium, etc. Definitely worth a day of your time to take your little ones to.

1  Thank SydneeFogg