“If you have young children, go here.”
Review of Discovery Center

Discovery Center
Nashville, Tennessee
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you have young children, go here.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very playfor young children. Lots of hands on exhibits, play areas inside and out. You can make a day of it.

Visited January 2013

US
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Discovery Center”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are always looking for a new activity for our grandchildren. We found the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro and spent an entire day there. The Center has a nice variety of displays to keep children occupied, including a wonderful railroad model that entertained adults as well.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Har45
murfreesboro, tn
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Lots of work needed”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The first time I visited with my son was about 3 years ago and I was pretty impressed; he was about 2 1/2 at the time. Each time we have visited it has continually gone downhill. There are so many things that have broken and needed to be replaced, but as of our last visit they still were not fixed, and they are simple fixes. They do have an area for special exhibits and those change every few months. One thing that is unique to this children's museum is the wetlands and the trails. Although we have never done this it is a nice attribute. We have visited children's museums in Chattanooga, Baltimore, and Indianapolis and those are exceptional. I realize that those museum's are much bigger and space is an issue, but I think that what we have here should be kept in working condition. There is a new director, so I hope that great things are coming for this museum. Don't get me wrong, my 5 1/2 year old still has fun there, but I see potential for so much more.

Visited April 2013
Tennessee
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Popular field trip site”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Designated area for babies and toddlers was a very welcomed site. It was clean, safe, and age appropriate. The older children enjoyed the huge indoor slide and hands on water feature. The craft/ art area is a nice place to wind down after exploring all the different areas of this museum. Outside there is a play area. Very nice bridge and walkway through the wetlands area. Benches and shade along the way. No charge for outdoor nature walk.

Visited June 2013
Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Relief for Parents”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Looking for a way to involve the children with interactive and educational activities while getting a break from keeping them busy, or in some cases under control, then head to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. Guaranteed to wear the kids out while having fun.

Visited August 2012