“If you have young children, go here.”
Review of Discovery Center

Discovery Center
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very playfor young children. Lots of hands on exhibits, play areas inside and out. You can make a day of it.

All reviews
"tots"
"running around"
"lower floor"

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are always looking for a new activity for our grandchildren. We found the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro and spent an entire day there. The Center has a nice variety of displays to keep children occupied, including a wonderful railroad model that entertained adults as well.

1  Thank Har45
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The first time I visited with my son was about 3 years ago and I was pretty impressed; he was about 2 1/2 at the time. Each time we have visited it has continually gone downhill. There are so many things that have broken and needed to be replaced, but as of our last visit they still were not fixed, and they are simple fixes. They do have an area for special exhibits and those change every few months. One thing that is unique to this children's museum is the wetlands and the trails. Although we have never done this it is a nice attribute. We have visited children's museums in Chattanooga, Baltimore, and Indianapolis and those are exceptional. I realize that those museum's are much bigger and space is an issue, but I think that what we have here should be kept in working condition. There is a new director, so I hope that great things are coming for this museum. Don't get me wrong, my 5 1/2 year old still has fun there, but I see potential for so much more.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Designated area for babies and toddlers was a very welcomed site. It was clean, safe, and age appropriate. The older children enjoyed the huge indoor slide and hands on water feature. The craft/ art area is a nice place to wind down after exploring all the different areas of this museum. Outside there is a play area. Very nice bridge and walkway through the wetlands area. Benches and shade along the way. No charge for outdoor nature walk.