“Too Stupid to cancel a reservation”

Ramada Murfreesboro
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Sweetwater, Tennessee, United States
“Too Stupid to cancel a reservation”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had booked a reservation with this hotel, called to cancel reservation, got the run around by one so called front desk worker, then he put "Jim" on who told me I could not cancel my reservation, because I made it online through Ramada Inn website. Asked for a manager, he said he was, I explained that I have stayed at many hotels, booked them through their websites, and NEVER has this problem in canceling. Apparently, A..they are too stupid...B..to lazy...or C...too stupid. But, then again...so was their customer service...asked me 5x's if I wanted to cancel my reservation..then asked me if I wanted all these different promotions. Now, I am glad we are not going to Murfreesboro. Buyer Beware!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ramada1855, Owner at Ramada Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you had such issues with a simple cancellation. We strive to make things easy and pleasant for our patrons and I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered.

Owner/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
La Crosse
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I got this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, but it wasn't good at all. The lobby was beautiful and modern, but our room (111) was dated and shabby circa 1990. There were two hairs on the bed pillow (I'm hoping they'd just gone through the wash and stuck there via static). There were men's whisker shavings in the crevice between the sink and the faucet. There was a 5 inch chip out of the surface of the dresser and a dinner plate-sized water or grease stain on the wall near the ceiling. I went outside around 9pm and was dismayed to discover they don't lock the side doors. I have never stayed in a hotel where anyone could just come in the side doors without a room key. We were repeatedly awakened by the sound of traffic, trains, and other guests slamming their doors in the hallway. We heard these sounds over the noise of our white noise machine, ear plugs, and a pillow over my head. The breakfast opened at 6:30am. We were there at 6:32am and the sausage/eggs were only lukewarm (and not very good). The only nice thing I could say is the man front desk clerk found plastic spoons for us and the lady clerk was sweet when we left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We here at the Ramada Murfreesboro, Tn are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Clearly we did not perform up to our normal standards for you and for that I sincerely apologize. I have shared your review with the staff and want to let you know that we are addressing these issues. We hope this incident does not deter you from trying other Ramada hotels in the future. Again, thank you for your time.

Newbern, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Older hotel but have been remodeled. Rooms nice and big. Even though a boys basketball team was staying on the same floor, it was very quiet. Rooms have small refrigerator and microwave. Nice free breakfast. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ramada1855, Owner at Ramada Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We here at the Ramada Murfreesboro, Tn. appreciate the time you took to write such a nice review. We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience and we hope to see you again in the future.

TN
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to Murphy Center(High School State Tournament) It was convenient to the campus, restaurants, and the interstate. The check in process was extremely slow. We had booked a King room and they had to give us 2 queen beds because of an "error" The hallway had a very strong cleaner smell. The bed was comfortable but the bathroom was extremely small and crowded. Before we checked out, we stopped to see what was on the breakfast, everything was empty or cold. I will not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramada1855, Owner at Ramada Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
We here at the Ramada Murfreesboro Tn. are very sorry to hear of your unfortunate stay at our hotel. We strive to give all of our guests a comfortable and enjoyable experience and we are sorry that we did not live up to those standards for you. We do hope that you will not let this stop you from trying the Ramada hotels in the future.

Johnson City, TN
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is a little outdated, but it is well kept and the staff really do a good job to make the best out of what they have. We did have trouble with the shower not having hot water the first morning of our stay, but other than that everything was okay. The breakfast is not one of the best a hotel has to offer, but it did serve its purpose. However, for the price we paid for this hotel I would consider staying here again, because for the time spent in the room I'm only looking for a clean room, nice bed, and a hot shower. They only failed one of those needs just the first night.