“Ramada had pluses and minuses.”

Ramada Murfreesboro
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chicago IL
“Ramada had pluses and minuses.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here based on the favorable reviews and the low price for the night, but probably would not stay again. The Ramada had pluses and minuses. On the plus side the room was fairly large and the beds were comfortable. Carpet looked new and clean. Staff was good.

On the minus side, the bathroom seemed to be out of a different low cost place entirely. Dirty tub, worn out sink, mold spots on the wallpaper near the ceiling. It was also tiny and cramped even for 2 people. Breakfast adequate, about what you would expect. Coffee could have been stronger though.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor but did not see any elevators to 2nd floor. Ask them if this is a concern...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BigDubya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Because of touring in Plains, GA, a near-accident near Chattanooga, & a tire blow out on West I-24, we decided that Murfreesboro was as far as we needed to go. Checking Trip Advisor, the Ramada was chosen. The rate/rating and brkfst included fit our needs. The receptionist greeted me with a smile and, even though I had just made the reservation on-line just 30 min. prior, it was there w/o delay. Even though the room with 2 dbl beds had older decor, it was clean and smelled fresh. We had a flat screen TV, microwave, refridge, & coffee maker. The mattresses were a bit concave, but my husband & I are cuddlers, so it didn't matter much. The adjustable stream shower head was wonderful. The brkfst was quite nice: juices, fresh fruit, bagels/danish, waffles, cereals, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, and assrtd hot beverages. The morning receptionist was kind and respectful, as well, & got our bill in record time so we cd get on our way. No problems.
There are a variety of places to eat around the hotel. We chose take-out from the Cathay Asian Bistro, which is just next door. Very nice after an unusual day's travels. I wd stay here again, but will check recent Trip Advisor's reviews to inform my decision.

Room Tip: If traveling in the summer, you may want a room on the west side if you plan on sleeping in a bit.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eledind
Chicago
Reviewed July 29, 2012

You can't beat the price or location - however, this is an older property that could use some updating. We stayed here last year and found nothing has been improved since our last stay. The hotel is clean and adequate. Lighting in the common hallways could be brighter and would result in looking fresher and cleaner. Rooms are clean - but could use better lighting too. Same reasons - it would look fresher and cleaner. This property has two floors - but no elevator. Request a first floor room if you have trouble with stairs. Breakfast foods were poor quality. Coffee available in the room was better than the breakfast area. Juice was horrible. Stuck with cereal and a yogurt. Keep in mind your price and this place is fine for a one night sleep. Access to room hallways is open to the public - no key needed for entry (could be improved).

Room Tip: No elevator - be sure to request first floor if you are unable to do stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stopped in dead tired from driving. The lady at the desk was very nice and inviting. We got to our room it was very clean and comfy. We woke up to a fabulous breakfast and we checked out with a very nice man. So we say keep up the good work and Thank u;)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dawn bubel
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Was in town for 2012 Little League State Tournament. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel & would'nt hesitate to stay there again. We selected the queen "family" room which added much needed extra space, as there were six in my party.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David M
Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We checked in at the Ramada Inn at Murfreesboro TN on 7/26/12. We reserved our room through Ramada.com. According to Ramada.com, we reserved a room with 2 queen beds and a "private jacuzzi"--which was $10 more than a normal 2 queen room. When reserving, click on "View more room info" to see the private jacuzzi reference. Upon arrival, we learned that there is no private jacuzzi in the room and the lady working at the front desk offered to reduce the room rate by $10 because the Ramada website was misleading and incorrect. She also noted that she would point this out to the owner. We were satisfied with the result and gave it no additional thought. The next morning when checking out, we encountered Bob (the owner). He was persistent that I had misunderstood the website (I did not bring up the jacuzzi issue because I didn't care since it had been resolved--but he seemed to want to debate it). I offered many times to retrieve the printouts I had from my reservation which clearly stated that they had 2 queen beds with a private jacuzzi. He refused to acknowledge the information and simply kept referring to his 25 years of hotel experience among other nonpertinent information. He also insisted that he can't control 3rd party websites (I agree), but he didn't seem to understand or care that it came from Ramada.com. I also got the impression that Bob talked down to me because I am female and he assumed that I do not know what I am talking about. We were willing to overlook many items during our stay, but our negative and unneeded encounter with the owner over something that had been resolved by his capable staff was too much. He was not interested in the facts but just simply wanted to be right. He should not be working with customers. We will not be coming back to this hotel due to the owner. (Side note: as of early 7/28 this website issue has not been fixed).

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 4LeafKlover

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I truly enjoyed my night at the Ramada Murfreesboro! It was exceptionally clean and the staff was nice. I was amazed at how quiet it was come night time with it being off the freeway. I will definitely be staying here again when I head back North to visit family!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo