“Will not come back due to Owner Bob”

Ramada Murfreesboro
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We checked in at the Ramada Inn at Murfreesboro TN on 7/26/12. We reserved our room through Ramada.com. According to Ramada.com, we reserved a room with 2 queen beds and a "private jacuzzi"--which was $10 more than a normal 2 queen room. When reserving, click on "View more room info" to see the private jacuzzi reference. Upon arrival, we learned that there is no private jacuzzi in the room and the lady working at the front desk offered to reduce the room rate by $10 because the Ramada website was misleading and incorrect. She also noted that she would point this out to the owner. We were satisfied with the result and gave it no additional thought. The next morning when checking out, we encountered Bob (the owner). He was persistent that I had misunderstood the website (I did not bring up the jacuzzi issue because I didn't care since it had been resolved--but he seemed to want to debate it). I offered many times to retrieve the printouts I had from my reservation which clearly stated that they had 2 queen beds with a private jacuzzi. He refused to acknowledge the information and simply kept referring to his 25 years of hotel experience among other nonpertinent information. He also insisted that he can't control 3rd party websites (I agree), but he didn't seem to understand or care that it came from Ramada.com. I also got the impression that Bob talked down to me because I am female and he assumed that I do not know what I am talking about. We were willing to overlook many items during our stay, but our negative and unneeded encounter with the owner over something that had been resolved by his capable staff was too much. He was not interested in the facts but just simply wanted to be right. He should not be working with customers. We will not be coming back to this hotel due to the owner. (Side note: as of early 7/28 this website issue has not been fixed).

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 4LeafKlover

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I truly enjoyed my night at the Ramada Murfreesboro! It was exceptionally clean and the staff was nice. I was amazed at how quiet it was come night time with it being off the freeway. I will definitely be staying here again when I head back North to visit family!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chelseabug88
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This review is being written by the wife of CLTKiter...

My husband had visited this particular Ramada in January of this year and was overall impressed with the hotel. A fair stay for a fair price. He wasn't with me this stay, but I'd like to tell you of my experiences.

I visited Murfreesboro to spend time with relatives with our daughter and her four children, ages 6 to 13. We stayed upstairs in the "family room" with two queen beds and one rollaway (yes, cozy!). My husband had booked the room for us due to his positive experience six months ago. Our youngest grandson lost his "blue doggie" stuffed animal some time late in the visit. We reported it to the desk before we left but no one had turned one in. We also contacted all the people that we had visited while in the area to no avail. The management was truly concerned about our loss -- they knew how important a stuffed animal is to a small child. As we were coming home, they called when they found a teddy bear, but it wasn't ours. A few days after we got home, they called and had found the "blue doggie" and had already put it in the mail to us. Great customer service!

They were also helpful with any need we had during our stay.

As an aside, the breakfast was pretty good -- hot waffles, fruit, juice, etc.

The pool was also nice -- especially since it was very hot while we were there.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator in the hotel, so if climbing stairs is an issue, ask for the ground floo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CLTKiter
Reviewed July 22, 2012

In town to help with a move. Location was perfect, and the staff was veery friendly and accomadating. Our room was nice and clean. The staff offered to carry my suitcase to my room. I was by myself when i checked in and this was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank suzettereeves
Reviewed July 20, 2012

charged me $100.00 for pet fee even though I reserved a pet room through Ramada's reservation line! Owner was extremely rude and said its not his problem. I cancled rest of my stay with them and moved hotels. Bad smell of smoke in hallways that comes in rooms. Owner of this Hotel is horrible and I do not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Caseyinfl
Ramada1855, Front Desk at Ramada Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

We are very sorry you did not have a great experience. When you book a room online with the online rates that WILL NOT include our pet fee per night. Our hotel is one of very few hotels that even accept pets so therefore online will just show that we allow pets here at the hotel with a pet fee. Pet fees are assessed upon arrival and added to your bill at check-in. We would take your cash or credit card just for your pet fees if you paid in advance just as if we took your credit card for incidentals. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you while traveling. We very much hope you will look to us in the future if you are ever in Murfreesboro, TN. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your issue while you were here with us.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Saw this online with Orbitz who were running a special but could not make a booking online on my I-phone. Called the hotel and booked the night and at a better rate. They took AARP as a discount wihich almost paid for the cat. ($10.00) Room was fine, comfy bed, modern TV and free breakfast with eggs or waffles
Easy off and on I24 , just south of Nashville. Will stay there again on the way North from Florida.

Room Tip: We arrived late and left early so any location was fine
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alec M
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was our second time staying at this hotel and I feel sure it won't be our last. I have found this hotel to be the closest to the campus of Middle TN State University. Both trips to this hotel have been college related. If you are visiting the college for any reason and need a hotel, I recommend this one. Check in and check out are both fast and easy. The free breakfast is decent and begins at 6:30 a.m. during the week. They have a small swimming pool that we did not use but that looked really nice and really clean. The hotel also has a variety of rooms available. The rooms are average and clean and the room had a very fresh smell. The bathrooms are a bit small overall but that was not a major concern for us. The hotel offers several room discounts so be sure and check those out online. Both times I have used one of their discounts and been very pleased with the price of the room. It is very easy to get to the college campus from this hotel and that is important to us since we have a student there. We anticipate staying here again in August.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business