WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Illinois
“An OK Room in Older Building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The price was right for our pass thru TN between IL and FL, this is located right off of I-24....however sometimes you get what you pay for. This seems to be an older building in ok condition. Overall the hotel seemed clean. The TV was a LCD-type but the connection is 100% standard def. All channels were fuzzy. The room does have a microwave and a very small fridge. Our curtain was ripped but everything else seemed fine. The hotel is right next to the Go USA Fun Park and across the street from a Wal-Mart. We ate at the Cracker Barrel across the street for dinner and the Waffle House for breakfast which is right down the street. It was ok for one night but if ever in town again I'd look for another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Townville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel is old and in serious need of refurbishing. There is no elevator and no one to assist with luggage - the fact that there was a luggage cart on the second floor was laughable. The sprinkler in our room was completely covered in rust. The room was not clean and the breakfast was extremely unappealing. There are too many good options in the area to waste your money here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Jamestown, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Recently I booked this hotel as Country Inn & Suites are a favorite!! I sure made a BIG mistake on this one!! I guess major renovations are not a problem in the industry!!! But I will definately think twice when I pull in t a hotel & see this going on! Room were dirth. Dusty alll over the furniture, mildew & crud around tub, spider webs & nails in the parking lot. I also fell on the property & was not acknowledged about my concerns in any way. Extremely disappointed!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jagruti P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
The hotel is being remodeled in order to make the location more appealing. We apologize for any inconveniences but ask that guests understand that in order to improve the hotel renovations must be made.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

The country inn and suites are liars and thieves!! Apparently this is how they make their money to remodel their hotel. I was charged 250.00 for a smoking fee and I DO NOT SMOKE!! I went back to the hotel and confronted this hotel regarding this matter and was told I was charged this amount because the room Smelled of smoke NO EVIDENCE WAS FOUND. AND WAS CALLED A LIAR BY THE FRONT DESK CLERK AND GENERAL MANAGER. so how many people are they doing this to?? Please beware of who you give your credit card to. . I even contacted the corporate office regarding this matter and NOTHING!!! THEY STOLE MY MONEY AND I WILL BEING TAKING THIS MATTER TO COURT!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank robbedbycountryinn
I can assure you that our hotel only charges guests that have actually smoked in their room. In this case the room smelled of smoke for 2 days after the guest departed. We only charge the $250 when we are absolutely sure that the guest has smoked in the room. This is a policy that is common at all nonsmoking hotels. We apologize if the guest was not aware of this standard policy.
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed in June 2014

Booked this hotel in thinking that we would have a nice place to stay for a large group. Hotel didn't warn us that they are renovating the outside of the building...nails found all over the parking lot. When I got into my SUITE, I was so disappointed! While our room was plenty big, the lack of appropriately scaled furniture made it appear empty. Also, the smoke detector had been ripped out of the wall and never replaced.
As for the bathroom, I have NEVER seen a more disgusting hotel restroom. A bathroom is NO place for a suspended tile ceiling (similar to what you would find in an office environment)...these are not meant for wet environments so the metal grid was actually rusting! YUCK...what this amounted to was rust raindrops falling on you and the entire bathroom after you got out of the shower...what a way to make you feel clean, right? The shower stall wasn't even (1) piece; it looked like part of it had been damaged and removed and the replacement pieces were so obviously mis-matched and corroded it was nasty. To make matters worse there was a 6" or larger area of drywall beside the shower that looked like it was broken out, inappropriately patched and now molding.

The other families in our party had similar issues as well...although a couple were put up on the 2nd story (no elevator here) and said those rooms weren't too bad. Do your research as there are a lot of other hotels near by this location.

I would not recommend this hotel...

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor if you don't mind taking your luggage up the stairs...they told me they ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JSM_SB77
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear JSM_SB77,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were there in March of 2014 and had read all the reviews. I decided because it had an indoor pool, even though the most recent review said it was so small, that it would still be fun for our two year old. The pool was not only tiny, it was filled in with dirt and concrete. When we booked our room, the website said there was a pool. The desk girl said the pool had been closed off since December of 2013. As soon as we got in our room we were hit with a dusty bedspread. I have a dust-mite allergy and asked the desk for a clean bedspread, then I took it up to the room and remade our beds. She said they get washed once a week. scary. The flat-screen tv was fuzzy, but oh well. We were too tired to mess with it. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a very nice surprise. It was the only thing that kept us from not staying the second night. Hot eggs, sausage, and waffles, coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, danishes and toast. If you are alone and don't mind making your own bed, you would like it here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jagruti P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We apologize that you were not aware of our pool closing. The pool was taken off all websites as of December 2013. I am not sure why you were told what you were told about the beds but I can assure you they are cleaned after each night stay. I wish you had informed us of the fuzzy television so we could have replaced it at that time.
STLCity
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Travelling with my grandson, the indoor pool was the main reason I booked this room. I wish you had to see his face and been the ones to try to make it up to him. The room was very large in comparison to most, but cleanliness? Meh, not so much. It was what I call "down the middle" clean. Baseboards and backsplashes and even the base of the toilet were kind of crusty. Not at all what I expected from the look of the outside, which is nice. No bad or musty smells, just a little shabby. I must say that if I had not spent two days in bed with a head cold (hoping grandpa could spend pool time with grandson) we probably would have run to the next place and asked for a refund. As it was, my grandson was gracious and understanding beyond his years. Won't stay in this one again. Too disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jagruti P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to apologize for the misunderstand you had about our hotel. We no longer have a pool and all of the internet travel related websites were made aware of this in January. At that time both the literature and pictures were all deleted. You will also be pleased to know that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation and several hotel upgrades are being made.