“Average, but I would still recommend.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Hampton, Georgia
“Average, but I would still recommend.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Even though I rated it average, I would be happy to stay here again. We had two rooms and the prices were very good, cleanliness was just fine and the breakfast was as good as any. Maintenance including carpet cleanliness in the public areas was maybe not up to par with newer inns but it wasn't bad either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neal45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived at 8pm on a Sunday, holiday weekend as was able to get a room on the first floor which I prefer. The desk clerk was a bit disorganized and didn't return my AAA card to me without my asking. She made a copy of it which they don't do at other Country Inns. The cookies are not fresh baked as they are at other Country Inns. The room was standard but just not as spiffy as most Country Inns. All and all it was a decent stay for a good price, but didn't seem the same as other Country Inns.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SueInClearwater
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean hotel and the front desk staff was very friendly upon check-in. In room, the bathroom vent fan didn't seem to work (not even sure if there is one). There are no elevators in this hotel. ALL of the workout equipment was broken. Room service - house keeping very friendly. Breakfast was really good - best hotel coffee for breakfast I've had ever. Fruit was fresh, etc. If you're looking for a place to crash for a few days... not bad at all for $89 a night. I would recommend it - but don't expect it to be like the Embassy Suites...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our standard place to stay for visits to Murfreesboro: familiar, medium-priced, and medium value. Folks who need everything shiny and new should definitely stay away -- we stayed in #105, as did the reviewer below, and found most of the same inconveniences -- but they get the basics right, the staff is always friendly and tries to help, the indoor pool is big enough for kids to splash around and have fun, and the breakfast buffet is solid. If you need an actual suite, so there's an actual door between the parents' and kid(s)' beds, and you can't shell out a lot of dough, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Burnt carpet from iron, dirty around toilet, TV reception was terrible, no ice bucket, stains on carpet,baseboard missing, stains on carpet, suspended ceiling grids rusty, air conditioning inadequate, bathroom exhaust fan didn't work,etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care, at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Davidjackson1949,

We sincerely apologize for the guest room that you had during your stay and that it did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay so we can continue to make the necessary improvements to our hotel based on the feedback we receive from the guests. It is our practice to ensure all rooms are up to our guests expectations and we will review this matter with our management team.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here during the Bonoroo festival, upon check-in I was told that I was 1 room short and the record had me arriving a day earlier, when I showed the clerk my confirmation I was told he would have to talk to the mgr. he had not authority, Sat. the toilet was not working I used a friends bathroom next door for the next 2 days, clerk said the mgr. would be there to fix it she couldnt do anything about it, by day 3 of cants I finally asked to speak with the owners who said they fixed the toilet (not) and we will give u 20% off for your inconvenience .I was expecting a package, it was found the day I checked out because it was in the mgr office and none could get in the office
When I explained that it was merchandise to sell the mgr/owner shrugged her shoulders. To make matters worse he pool was green, the rooms were very dusty, I could go on . Would not consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Front desk personnel are very helpful when allowed to be!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize that the bathroom in your room was having problems. We also apologize for the problems you experienced when checking and receiving your packages. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The first impressions for this hotel was quite favorable. We arrived late on a weekday, tired from a long drive. The setting for this hotel was surprisingly "country-like", even though it was very conveniently right off the interstate. The night manager left a favorable impression as well. I opted for the suite. The room was spacious, but as the Country Inn brand goes (in my somewhat limited experience), this facility falls short.

The whirlpool tub was dirty, the lid on the toilet tank was cracked. The security door catch (so that one can open the door partially but still secured) had been broken away. (It looked like a jealous lover had kicked in the door at one time and nobody bothered to repair it). The shower curtain rod was broken off the wall on one side. Out the side entrance door, a sad looking bicycle exercise machine was sitting on the sidewalk.

When it came to sleep quality, the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable - it was a pillow top mattress (which usually are to soft for me), yet it provided ample support so I was surprisingly comfortable.

Just a little bit of attention and better housekeeping and this facility could live up to its brand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple