“Just Great for an Overnight Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Orlando, Florida
“Just Great for an Overnight Stay”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I should preface this review by saying that we stopped in here at the last minute while driving through the night in TN. We decided we just couldn't drive anymore and pulled in without a reservation at about 11pm. Front desk staff was nice enough but took a phone call just as I walked in and talked with the person (not a guest) for about 5 minutes before asking me what he could do for me. I had a good mind to walk out at that point but it was late and I was tired.
I was given a good rate ($73.99) and a first floor room. The room was clean and comfortable and the beds acceptable. There was a small refridgerator in the room. We didn't even use the shower or the TV or the indoor pool as we left at 5am in the morning to keep driving. They also seemed to offer a free breakfast but it was not operational before we left but we didn't expect it would be.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jaymah2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for a night while our home was being sprayed. I usually love the Country Inn & Suites hotels, but this one just blew me away (in a bad way)! The lady at the desk was pleasant, but failed to inform me that there was no elevator. Here I am with a stroller with an infant and luggage that my 7 and 15 year old girls were carrying. Then, after getting to our 2nd floor room, I notice a spell (a pee smell), it was gross. The furniture was torn and the floors were stained. I was so tired I just wanted to rest so I pull back the covers on the kind size bed. The pillow cases look as though they hadn't been washed, just put back on neatly. Then, I go to set the girls up on the couch bed. I open up the bed and what do I see, sheets already on it and an opened condom wrapper. I could not believe it. That was it for me. I requested my money back and left. Do Not Stay at this hotel!!!! I could see something like this happening at a $40.00 a night hotel, but I don't stay at those kinds of hotels. For $110.00 I at least expect the room to be somewhat clean LOL.. Beware on this one!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MyGranMyAngel
Jagruti P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about your stay on TripAdvisor.com, I am sincerely sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we are working on addressing the issues that you raised so that they will not happen again.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Mem
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at this location because we needed a place to lay or heads for the night. We arrived around midnight, just needed to go in and go to sleep. First of all, this hotel does not have an elevator, thankful that I am able to climb stairs. No security latch on the door (husband put chair up against the door for a little added security), creaky floors and squeaky doors, used hand towel hanging in the shower...as I stated, just needed to lay my head down and go to sleep. Bed was comfortable, got up early, showered and left in a hurry.............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lauryn57
Jagruti P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We are truly sorry our hotel does not have an elevator, but we are happy to accommodate our guests on first floor or help with luggage upon request. We also provide double locks and have newer security latches on each door for our guests' safety.
Our staff has been notified about your concerns and are working diligently to make our guests safe and comfortable.
We apologize for your inconveniences and hope you stay with us again whenever your travel brings you in our area.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here before while we were visiting in Nashville.....decided to come back to this one again because of the previous stay....WRONG decision. The girl at the desk with long hair, very professional and pleasant. When I got to the room that's when it all began. Dried food on side of refridgerator, ice in freezer was so thick you can make a snowman, dirt in crevice in refridge, dirt and hair in the corner in the bathroom, hair on the floor in the bathroom along with an unknown brown substance!! Lamp shades twisted. I am like what the heck! Pay these high prices and this is what you get. Went to lobby, asked for manager...not in. I think her name was Alyssa..no name tag...no I'm...no nothing..moved to another room..smokey smell..same probl in bathroom. When checked out...I said thankyou..she said no problem. If I want a motel 6 I would have gone there! Disgusting!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Susan B
Jagruti P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. As a gesture of good will, we would like to offer a complimentary upgrade based upon availability on your next stay and we are issuing additional 5000 Club Carlson points to your account.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Chose to stay at a County Inn on our way home from FL because we had a good experience on the way to FL. Other than the name, nothing was the same. We had to try 2 rooms before finding one that did not smell musty. The carpet in the stairway was stained and dirty and the hall trash can was overflowing. Once we entered the room, I liked the space but began to notice that it was unclean as well. There was hair on the bathroom floor and a French fry in the living room area. After dinner we went the smallest pool I have ever seen in a hotel. The wall was extremely dirty, no towels and a huge pile of hair on the floor. I slept well, but would not choose this hotel again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Glennie W
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were happy with our experience. The room was clean, beds and bedding were very comfortable. The business room enabled my husband to prepare for a presentation earlier in the morning while the kids and I were still sleeping. A definite bonus was when we heard there was a waffle maker in the breakfast room. (that often indicates a good breakfast to us) The attendant was very helpful and efficient at replacing items that were low. If you like your coffee very strong....you will enjoy the coffee. There also were poached eggs, biscuits, sausage (we don't eat pork, but that's ok), toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, tea options, etc.
I see a negative review to the side about a card needing to be shown. I also had to show a card although the room was already paid for, and I think they said they would do a $50 charge that would be refunded...that could be inconvenient, I can understand. So, be prepared for that. I didn't see too much harm in it. The man was very courteous and explained the reasoning behind it.
The parking lot was pretty crowded, but we managed to find a spot. If a person had a big truck and trailer, they might have trouble with the parking situation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Without reservations, I was able to get a room past 9pm on a Saturday evening and was quite surprised. The clerk was extremely competent registering multiple guests at once. She informed everyone of the morning's breakfast routine and it did not disappoint. The room was furnished nicely, it was very clean and the bed quite comfortable. All in all, the rate was excellent providing a sense of value received. I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo