“Convenient, Very Pet Friendly and Clean!”

Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited about a year ago in October 2012. The location was what caught our attention at first RRI was right off the highway we were traveling. Upon exiting we saw there several nearby places to grab breakfast in the morning before heading off. The moment we entered the establishment we were greeted by friendly faces. The service was great. We asked about their pet policy and to our surprise they had no breed restrictions or weight restrictions. This is very important to us since we usually travel with our Doberman Pincher (full size) Sadie. They didn't even charge us a pet deposit! They also had plenty of grass to walk our dog in. A suggestion I would make is to add some potty stations with bags so other owners would realize that picking up after your pet is the responsibility dog owner not the RRI staff. The grounds were clean and nicely up kept by the staff. We had a nice sized room two queen sized beds, a mini fridge, plenty of clean towels. At our request the front desk was happy to provide a few extra pillows too. The staff at the RRI did a great job of making us feel welcome. We were only staying overnight and finishing our journey the next day but each time we travel back to IL we will stop at the RRI because we know it's a great value and has a wonderful staff. Thanks Y'all the Tymas

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dayirow
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We loved having you.

Travis AshbyGM

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on our way home from FL. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Beds were comfortable, but the room smelled like a spray had been sprayed to cover up a smell. Very little breakfast options that didn't look very fresh. We opted for McD's instead. For the $ we paid, I expected a little better. In comparison to another hotel we stopped at on our way to FL, RRI was more expensive, not as nice and cost us more to have breakfast that I had planned on being included. Not what I had envisioned when I read that the RRI's had been updated. Since it was the least expensive in the area at the time of booking, it was OK for a one night stopover.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Travis Asbhy GM

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I was placed in this hotel because everything was booked due to a Dog Show in town. This hotel is rather old, and dark in the hallways,yet I can say it was clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were outdated, even tho they seemed to have had a "little face lift" maybe 5 years ago. The bed was too soft and you could feel the springs. The blanket on the bed was itchy. I didn't use it. The first floor rooms are very low to the ground. You can just climb right in. Lol. Old furniture. The microfridge was ill placed, next to the bed? The pool area seemed nice. The outer bathroom area was nice (sink area) but the inside bathroom was old and the toilet was like nothing I've ever seen. It was industrial strength and will suck your butt in if you are not careful. The hotel was okay for two nights. The staff friendly. Location was near lots of shopping and places to eat. It was under $70, so couldn't expect too much. Oh yeah it's pet friendly. So if you like pets cool, if not you won't like this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for your stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is barely a two, I would really give it a 1.5 rating if they had that. We stayed here overnight on a road trip, but the rooms were booked months in advance.

Cons - Old, moldy, smoky, and just overall a stinky hotel in the rooms and throughout. I was with other people, so I got to see three different rooms. All were like this. Our room also smelled like urine. The beds are very hard, so be warned. We booked a Superior King Room Non-Smoking, and while it did have a king bed in it, it did not have the jet tub in it like many other reviews stated (which is why we booked it). We immediately called the front desk to inquire about this, but they said this room was $100 a night. I have looked, and looked at many dates in the near and far future....there is not a room category that is ever anywhere near $100. They were supposed to speak to the manager, and get back to us. This never happened. Also, at check in the person at the front desk made an extremely odd face when we all walked in to check in. I am not sure why, we were smiling, and friendly. With a RediCard you are supposed to have an express check-in, and be given a bottle of water....neither were received. They also had computer issues that night, so our bill was hard to read. This was not explained to us until I went back and asked them what was going on because it looked like they had charged us for two nights!

Pros - Leaving that morning!

We won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank racer_chick79
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I'm sorry your stay was not as you expected. None of our Superior King rooms at anytime have ever had jets in the tubs. We did at one time have a few rooms that had whirlpools in them ,but they were taken out a while back. At that time they did rent for 99.99. Thank you for your comments and we will investigate your concerns.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean rooms. Front desk guys (at check-in) didn't know much about the area. The gentleman that was at the front desk during check-out did, and he was very nice. Breakfast was minimal. No wheat bread. No protein other than peanut butter. Lots of grassy areas on property and nearby to walk your dog.

This is an older RRI and it is starting to look tired.

There are other nearby hotels that are newer and have better breakfast options for about $10 more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your stay. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Its a great hotel , people that work there are very nice . I loved the bed. There offer smoking rooms. There's a mall and everything you could need close by. Very nice town. Pool is clean and very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rockanroll4u
535, Travis Ashby GM at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. Thanks for the nice comments.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night. It was a good place to stay overnight on my way to Florida from Wisconsin. Given the price everything was as I expected. The free breakfast was minimal- a few types of cereal, bread, and some danish-type pastries. The beds were comfortable enough, but there were holes in both comforters (I assume from cigarettes although it was a non-smoking room.) One of my blankets had dog hair on it, but I was too tired to really care. It was very quiet and the two employees I talked to were very nice. Overall I can't complain for the price I paid. Everything was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jadles_13
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your stay.