“college visit”

Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here because the rate was cheaper than the Marriott and included free breakfast. Check in was fast and I even got a 5% AAA discount. Rooms were clean and included a refrigerator and microwave. The room was bigger than average with two queens and a chaise lounge with ottoman. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was your average hotel buffet. Overall I was very happy with this hotel and will be staying here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are extremely excited to know you enjoyed your stay. We know it can be stressful while searching for a college. Hopefully Murfreesboro will be your home away from home.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the room was modern and updated and the location was great right off rt 24 with every restaurant imaginable nearby. The biggest highlight though was the terrific gym which not only ha brand new cardio equipment but also free weights (dumbells) and medicine balls and a nice bench. Most HI Expresses have a little cardio equipment, and no free weights in a very cramped area. I was very happy to see that wasn't the case here. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We are so excited to know you enjoyed our BRAND NEW Fitness Center! We are very proud of our new equipment and the space that is provided. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently completed a 5 day road trip through the southern states to view fall foliage and to hit a few places on our "bucket list" in life. We arrived very late after driving 13 hours. The place was easy to find, room was great, no highway noise, would for sure stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: The free breakfast is good, not great, but what do you expect for free? :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We love to hear what our customers are saying about us.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I received my bill I noticed that the room rate was more than I was quoted and they had not taken into account my deposit. I assumed a 5 second stop at the front desk would correct this Let's see, I have an email confirming the rate and a deposit made to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro. I have a copy of the statement on the credit card showing the money paid to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro. Twenty minutes later I walked away calling up my credit card company to dispute the charges because they refused to change anything. The front desk instead charged me a higher rate and refused to admit that a deposit was paid. It was an unbelievable exercise in futility. I was told that I made the room reservation in July. Impossible because this trip was not planned then. I was told I made the room reservation with a 202 area code. Impossible because I do not live or have a phone from DC. I will also note that because the shower curtains are too short tons of water escapes from the shower and mold is growing in the bathroom. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JKA1234
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not receive the best experience. I am personally reviewing this case so this situation will not happen again. Please visit us the next time you are in the area so we may regain your trust.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

was staying at this hotel on a regular basis, checked out on a sunday came back on a Monday and the rate was 30.00 more i questioned the clerk regarding the rate and being partially deaf i understood him to meet me in the middle because for the most part i enjoyed the location and the hotel itself. when i got my bill it was at a rate that I myself knew i didn't agree to regardless of what the bill said. When I questioned it, i was asked if i wanted to hear what I agreed to? Couldn't believe it. I had my employees check out of all holiday inn express properties which in a month would be approximately 30 nights total. Now staying with a competitor and they lost my business over $30.00

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank funnyman1024
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We apologize for the confusion in rate. Our rates do fluctuate daily based upon demand. Please be assured that we offer the best market competitive rate. Again, I'm so sorry that you felt we did not handle your particular concern better. Please stop and give us another chance.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Attended a conference at another hotel but missed deadline for conference room rates therefore researched other hotels in this area and chose this one from among the many choices in the area. Large excellent suite room, very clean, but best feature of this property is the staff. From checking in to checking out after spending three days here, every staff person from front desk to breakfast crew, to housekeeper to the manager, was very authentically friendly and professional. i.e. After the first night we asked if we could move to another room because ours was next to the elevator and the mechanical room. They did with complete cooperation, smiles and understanding despite the fact that it appeared that the hotel was close to full. That is only one example of the personal interest they demonstrated. Will stay here next time because of staff even if we reserve in time to get conferences rates elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

WOW! We just don't know how to respond to such a wonderful review. We are so thrilled to know that we were able to accommodate your needs! Thank you so! Please visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I thought this hotel's rate was a bit high when I booked it, but it was actually very nice - rooms were great with good linens, towels, toiletries, tv, etc. Most of the staff was very nice. I would stay there again if I find myself in that town. The downsides I can think of, although minor, were the sink and shower water pressures were low and the pool is on the east side - so if you go to swim, you have to go in the morning. Location was very convenient and lots of restaurants, shopping, etc., were close by. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I'm so glad you chose to stay with us and we were able to accommodate all your needs. Yes, please choose to stay with us the next time you are in town.
Kathryn Brisolara