WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Crossville
“Deceptive Advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

if you're thinking about staying at a Select Inn, DON'T. They advertise on those big highway billboards, and they say $39 in huge letters. What you don't see is underneath that huge $39 is it's for a queen bed. You need a telescope to see the writing underneath it's so damn small. I got taken, they ran my credit card, then presented me with the paperwork which showed my rate as $59. Then they fed me this line of b.s. that the $39 rate is only for one queen bed and a smoking room. I don't smoke, and I sure as hell don't want a smoking room. Plus they only have two of those rooms even if you wanted one you probably can't get it. Unfortunately I only had a $100 credit on my credit card, so I couldn't check out because it they already swiped my card and it would take a few days for it to get credited back to my card, and where am I going to find a room for $25? I called their corporate office and left messages for their executive VP, and he never returned my call. What does that tell you. They don't give a rip about the customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent 6 nights at the Select and found it impeccable.Room was clean ,and could not find a better room for the money.I would recommend Select to anyone seeking value,cleanliness,and a professional and friendly staff.Maggie,Eric and Jeremy treated me like a family member.I will definitely stay there againProperty was well kept,as were all corridors,and pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms 101-121 are the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for a clean economical place to stay when we visited Shelbyville TN for the TWH Celebration. The Select Inn in Murfreesboro filled that need well. The grounds were kept up and the exterior was in good shape. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was large, in good shape and clean. Our room was very quiet even though it was near the exit to the parking lot. The Continental Breakfast was fresh and sufficient. The breakfast area was clean and attended frequently by the staff.
We also enjoyed the Mexican restaurant next door.
We were surprised and pleased to find a place to stay that was this well managed for the price on a special weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

After our house burnt to the ground in a freak accident, our family was without a home. We didn't have much money so we looked for a low rate for a week or so, until our insurance money came in. We select , and I must admit, reading all the comments below made us skeptical.Due to some processing hang ups e ended up staying two weeks. Our stay was very enjoyable, or room was newly renovated with a flat screen TV, the staff were very welcoming, frormdly, kind accommodating, and helpful. Anything we needed, they helped us. The pool was clean and the attached restaurant made it easy to have a good meal. PK, the manager was wonderful and great with our kids, he always asked how they were fairing and made us feel at home when our home was ripped out from under us. You can't find a better deal or service for the price! excellent people and place!!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always try to do our best. I am glad we did just that during your stay. If you should need lodging in the future we look forward to serving you.

PK
West Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay was a nightmare!!! The room stunk, the carpet was moldy, the bathroom had black mold around the tub, there was a fight between a "couple" that required police involvement. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Augie G

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The stay has been absolutely terrible. The manager of this hotel is just down right rude. After kindly asking the manager not to knock on the door (I had a do not disturb sign on the door) he and his the staff here knocked on my door constantly. The rooms are just nasty. The bathroom smelled so bad. They obviously have a sewer problem here that needs to be addressed. I personally feel someone went through my room while I was away. They reprogrammed my key several times. I would not waste my time here. You're better off sleeping in your car. The staff here is beyond unprofessional! You have lost my business!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelingAroundTN
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for the absolute horrible service you received at my property. This kind of services absolutely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated the individual that was representing himself as the owner will now undergo complete retraining. My hotel has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I only wished that I had the opportunity to correct it before you left. Please think about giving us another opportunity. I am sure that your stay will be very comfortable and enjoyable. Again I apologize. Thank you. PK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is disgusting. The smell of mildew and mold overwhelms you as soon as you walk into the hallway. Very seedy groups of people staying here. We do not feel safe at all. Will not leave anything in the room when we leave.
Bed is full of black hair upon arrival. Already have a headache after 30 minutes in the room.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank UTVolTraveler
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for some of the things that you encountered here at the property. We are in the process of going through a renovation and sometimes there is some confusion in things left undone. Please forgive this oversight. I WISHED THAT YOU HAD LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNSATISFACTORY STAY PRIOR TO YOU LEAVING. I AM POSITIVE THAT WE COULD OF MADE YOUR STAY PERFECT. WE DO HAVE 100% GUARANTEE ON YOUR STAY. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations at our property. Thank you. PK