Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
$94
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$79
Sleep Inn Murfreesboro(Murfreesboro)(Great Value!)
$80
Hampton.com
$80
$68
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$97
BestWestern.com
$147
$122
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

All reviewsatrium areaindoor pool and hot tuban older hotelnice roombed was very comfortablewafflesfridge and microwavethe staff was greatbreakfast barstephjetsteamstn
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this property recently on a family vacation. We stopped in Murfreesboro, TN to assist my son in finding an apartment near campus on the first leg of our family vacation. Our stay was unpleasant due to the presence of a large number of little league teams playing in a local tournament. The hotel was overrun by unruly children ostensibly being chaperoned by unruly (frequently drunken) adults. We suffered children knocking into us, screaming at the top of their lungs, swinging around (literally swinging, running, leaping, and charging over and through) the indoor pool and breakfast areas, playing hide and seek in the elevators, and playing keep away in the halls at all hours of the day and night. The indoor pool deck was turned into a tailgate style party complete with ice chests, beer bottles strewn everywhere, bean bag tossing games, and loud music. At breakfast 06:30 in the morning I was treated to a team pep talk in the breakfast area delivered at the top of the coach's lungs. This situation resulted in my low scores for cleanliness, value, and sleep quality.

Management seemed oblivious to all of this and was content to let it continue unabated until I complained to the desk staff late on the first evening of our stay about a wild game in the hall outside our room. This resulted in a temporary return to peace and quiet but upon walking down the hall the next morning I overheard one of the kids telling his coach "there is the guy that got us in trouble". This breach of etiquette and security on the part of the hotel staff is inexcusable.

Additionally we had repeated problems with our room keys. We returned after lunch to find that our key cards would not work. I went (read ran the gauntlet) to the desk to get new ones which were issued without comment or apology. Upon returning from the local civil war battlefield (a great place to visit btw), we found that our cards did not work again. We went back to the desk (through the gauntlet again) and were told that our cards didn't work because we had not given them our credit card upon check in (we were not asked to). We stayed in two rooms for two nights and used points for the first night. Our room was booked using the 800 number and secured with a credit card at that time. In any event they had two opportunities (check in and when we went to get our cards fixed the first time) to tell us they required additional security but did not do so and chose to lock us out of the room instead. The manager was called to explain the situation to us and was surly at best during this interaction explaining that it was clearly our fault that the appropriate security had not been provided to the hotel. When we finally got back into our room, we found that it had not been cleaned. This condition was quickly rectified when I contacted the desk to complain. These unsatisfactory interactions resulted in my lower score for service (although this was offset by great service elsewhere).

One bright spot of our stay was the breakfast. This hotel serves the best free breakfast I have experienced. The food is hot, it is of good quality and variety, and it is served by a friendly and efficient staff. In fact all of the staff except the desk staff were courteous and efficient.

I have a student at MTSU now so I will be returning to Murfreesboro several times a year to visit. I will be staying elsewhere when I do.

Room Tip: Unless you have a travelling baseball teamdon't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank johns1959
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

First of all, we are very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. I am sure it may be hard to believe, but this occurrence is an anomaly for our hotel. We host groups of teams almost every weekend of the year, and up until this particular weekend, we had never had an issue with our volume of groups and their behavior. I was aware of this situation, and quite frankly I was very very frustrated the entire weekend with the behavior of the children AND THE PARENTS! I had numerous meetings with the coaches and team representatives regarding this behavior that was not just disruptive to our other guests, but other teams were complaining. IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I have taken measures with the tournament committee that held this tournament to make sure these issues are addressed before we host another tournament at our hotel that is affiliated with this organization. As I stated, we have not had this type of behavior from our groups in the three years that I have been here, and quite frankly it had better not happen again. Please be assured that this was addressed during and after this particular weekend.
The room key was a hotel wide issue that weekend, and the key company was called out first thing Monday morning to take care of this system issue. I apologize for this major inconvenience.
In closing, we are big supporters of MTSU, and offer a special rate for MTSU parents who stay with us. When you visit Murfreesboro again please contact me and I will take care of you.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed two nights for business. I booked via Priceline by naming my own price and I was hoping that it wasn't going to pick this motel. I could see it from my car as I was using Priceline. It was not very attractive from the outside and was disappointed when that was the hotel that accepted offer. And even when I walked into the lobby I was still disappointed. BUT when I went to my room I was pleasantly surprised that the room was nice and clean and had been updated! I would stay there again. Clean and safe motel.

• Stayed: September 2013

Yes, this is an older property, and unfortunately there is only so much that can be done with the outside, except cleanliness, landscaping etc to entice group appeal. We are very aware of this "hardship", but we do feel once we can get a potential guest into our lobby then what we have to offer overshadows a little older outside appearance. This hotel was purchased a little over 3 years ago from LOCAL business owners, and upon the purchase a substantial amount of money was put into the upgrading of the inside and out of the hotel, from the mattresses to pillows to breakfast equipment, to redoing all landscaping. We are very proud of the cleanliness of our hotel, inside and out, and of course especially in the rooms. Our staff is friendly, and hopefully always accommodating to our guests, who we feel are the ones who pay our wages!
We do hope that you continue to stay with us during your time in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. And thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean and Great Location! The kids loved staying at this hotel and have already asked if we could go back. The indoor pool is nice and lots of places to sit down and relax for the parents. We were able to read and talk while keeping an eye on the kids. Also, video games and vending machines were a big plus! The breakfast was yummy with lots of choices. ( biscuits and gravy, yummy) Thank you Clarion Inn. We will be back :-)

Room Tip: We loved our corner suites !!! Lots of room for kids to run around. Beds were soooo comfortable. Slept like a baby!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel.
All comments are always appreciated, and please know that this review has been shared with the staff, as all reviews are shared, but certainly this one is appreciated, as the staff understands that their hard work and attention to detail is "paying off".
Our hotel has a great set up for groups, especially sports teams. Our atrium is very spacious and seats 100 people, all near the pool, and as you stated, you can sit in the atrium and visit with friends, or meet new ones, and watch your children.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share you thoughts, and we look forward to hosting you and your team in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Clean room convenient location. Frig microwave flat screen tv. Very extensive hot breakfast friendly staff (Andrew was very helpful at front desk) very good value. BUT skip the coffee. Claimed to be Folgers if it was it had to be instant. I do recommend for a place to spend the night

• Stayed: August 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with the Clarion Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro. I am glad that all in all you had a pleasant stay with us. We work very hard at ensuring that the rooms are clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Your concern regarding "skipping the coffee" has been addressed, and we are looking at making a change with our coffee vendor. Everyone wants a good cup of coffee in the morning to start their day!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute stay, found on Tripadviser, pulled in off the highway and booked a room. We chose an inside room (rooms face in towards pool or out towards parking lot). Our room was clean and adequate and was close to the pool. If your a pool snob you might not like it, it could use a good cleaning but we were able to look past it. The pool was very warm as was the jacuzzi which was right next to the pool. The continental breakfast was good, eggs, sausage and juice, and more, hot coffee and a waffle maker. A lot of restaraunts near the hotel, only drawback was that it's a very congested area.

• Stayed: August 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful comment regarding your stay with the Clarion. For informational purposes to the guests, we always put guests inside our hotel. The only guests who stay in our outside entrance rooms are smokers, pet friendly, contractors, or guests that just simply want to drive up to their room.
We take your comment regarding our pool and jacuzzi very seriously, and will continue to give it our utmost attention. Perception is very instrumental to success, we believe, and if it looks like it needs some care by a guest, then it does. We just installed a new thermostat in the pool/jacuzzi so it was certainly good to hear that they were warm.
And unfortunately, the traffic on a Friday evening and Saturday afternoon IS congested. As with you, patience is always my best virtue, but the great selection of restaurants makes the wait worth while.