“Preschool Convention Staff”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Memphis, Tennessee
“Preschool Convention Staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Steph Norris, the Director of Sales is always taking care of us when we arrive no matter the challenge we present. We are a school out of Memphis and bring groups of kids and adults for various conventions and sporting events throughout the year. We appreciate the great care the Clarion Inn & Suites provides each time we stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pearl, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked into this hotel Saturday, July 20th, and it seemed like deja vu - something about this particular hotel seemed familiar. Later, I learned that the Murfreesboro Clarion is actually the old Holiday Inn re-branded - which suddenly made my feelings make sense, as my parents and I used to stay here on our twice-yearly road trips from St. Louis to Ocala, FL to visit the grandparents.

The property is definitely 70's-style design - rooms open out onto the hotel is reasonably clean and nice, but ioutside, a canvas canopy over the staircase to protect you from the weather, little things that show the age of this building.

But it is clean, quiet, and reasonably priced - and I'd stay here again, if only for the memories it brings back.

Bulls Gap, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I booked this room for a conference he attended for a few days and we were very disappointed with the room. We were given an outside room, which later we found out was a pet friendly room. It was out dated and I didn't feel it was very sanitary. There were crickets in our room and I also found a roach in the bathroom on our last day. We also came home broken out on our arms and legs. The staff was friendly and the maid did come in daily and change out our towels and make the bed. I didn't want to say anything, but I think the problem should be addressed. Needless to say we won't be staying here again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
First and foremost, I am truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel. Yes, we are an older property, but three and a half years ago new/local owners took over a very rundown property. The entire inside of the hotel and the 134 rooms that are interior were renovated. The outside rooms were also renovated, but they are still a work in progress. For that reason we usually only put guests in the outside entrance rooms who a)requests outside entrance b) need a smoking room c) need a pet friendly room. In addition, our outside rooms are of a lesser price. We will continue to stress to our front desk staff to only use outside rooms if the meet they above criteria, or simply want an outside entrance. Regarding the crickets, we are very cognisant of the fact that our outside rooms are more susceptible to having bugs enter the room when the door is opened and closed. We are continuously taking precautions, and have been assured that our hotel is very clean, it's just with an outside door entrance to the sleeping room bugs can sometimes slip in.
We are very sorry for this experience, and if you do come back to the Murfreesboro area I would love to have you as a guest again at my expense. I would like for you to stay in our inside rooms with our great atrium view of the indoor pool and jacuzzi and the spacious breakfast room.
I do want to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We cannot continue to try to get better if we do not know there is an issue.
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night on our way through great clean hotel. Thanks to the entire staff for all there hard work. We were advised the beds were queen however they were quite small for queens I'm sure they are only doubles. Worried all night I might roll off. Great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Denise518
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Clarion. To clarify, we do have rooms with two double beds, and rooms with two queen beds. If you requested queens and did not get what you requested then I apologize. The room that you stayed in was in our Tower building, which is the newer more spacious room. We look forward to stopping in and seeing us again in the future.
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I booked this room online with a voucer from another hotel this family hoping that our experience would be better. The bed was comfortable but we had no bathroom light. Maintenance brought us a lamp for the bathroom and indicated they knew that this problem had existed for a while (told us it had been flickering). Parking was somewhat cramped but other than that everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We certainly apologize for the seemingly insincerity from our maintenance. No one - NO GUEST -should ever go without a bathroom light! This will be addressed with our staff, as every guest is very important, and they all need to be taken care of as if they are our family. Please understand that this is NOT normal for the Clarion Inn in Murfreesboro. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review so the staff can be made aware of this issue.
Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped off here for just an overnight stay on our way to Florida, and was very pleased! Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable beds, good breakfast, and right off the interstate. Tried to get a room on the way back home, but they were booked. Would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son got married in April 2013 and we had a group of people come in from out of town starting on the 16th of April thru till the 21st. The staff, and particularly Special Events Manager Stephanie made the entire process a joy and hassle free for us. They attended to our every need and went above and beyond what we had expected from them. It was more like dealing with family and being confident that all our needs were met . They were very professional and the rooms and entire Clarion staff were great. There was not a thing that we needed. I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone needing to stay a night in Murfreesboro. They have a great breakfast buffet and the pools and weight rooms were an added asset as were the games area for the kids. I enjoyed the experience and professionalism so much that I am booking again for my daughters wedding.

Room Tip: My preference would be any of the rooms on the inside that overlook the pool area and have a balcony...