“Worth the price”

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worth the price”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Easy on and off the freeway... GREAT price to get a nights rest... Large breakfast in the morning. Would stay at this hotel again. Did not have a reservation was given a fantastic price. Beds were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank You for the response. We strive to make each and every guest happy with our property and staff. We really enjoy to be of service and amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were moving out of state and needed a place to stay while we prepared our home for our new tenants. We did the thing on Expedia where you get 40% off a room and you pick the stars and they pick the hotel.

There is no way this place can legitimately be rated a 3 star hotel. The sink wasn't wiped down at all, and I know this because I always take Lysol wipes to hotels for my own piece of mind (especially since watching a few episodes of Hotel Impossible) and the water spots on the sink came up effortlessly. There was mildew growing in the corner of the shower and the drain was plugged so we had to go across the road to Walmart and buy some drano so we didn't have to stand in our own filth when we showered.

Another thing we always do is put out the 'Do Not Disturb' sign. We came back the second night and the sing had been removed. As we walked in we saw housekeeping had been in and vaccuumed and moved all our stuff around. WHY DID THEY THINK WE PUT THE SIGN OUT THERE FOR?

A shame they weren't worried about cleaning before we rented the room. Spend a little more if you can and rent somewhere else. There are a lot of choices in that area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
1 Thank Limdsey W
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We are extremely sorry you had a poor expirence at our property. We strive to make things easy on the guests and this does not seem to be the case in you instance. I would like to offer you a return stay on us to let you see how we normally do things. I will need you to do two things for me to get you the return stay. First if you can call me at 615-890-0046 and let me know the room number and your name so we can identify the housekkeping issues and issue you a free stay voucher. Secondly if you can identify the person at the desk that would be helpful as well. We do not like poor reviews and want to rectify it with the guest as soon as possible

Calif,
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here July 3, 2012. This hotel was picked online, because of the Clarion name! When I arrived, The hot tub, was brown, although the pool was clean. I had an outside smoking room, as requested. It was upstairs. When I got to the room, the bed was made, but that was it. There was trash on the floor, it had not been vacuumed, nor had the bathroom been cleaned. The front desk sent someone up to clean after about 10 minutes. In the mean time we couldn't go to the bathroom after a long drive. The woman who came up to clean, said she never got to finish cleaning because she was called away to clean another room. She said this happens often. I also was upset, that the front desk did not tell me there was an elevator. When I asked why they did not tell me, I was told it was because our room was far from the elevator, and it was easier to carry my stuff in. My 78 year old Mother in law and I beg to differ. We each had to make several trips with large rolling suitcases, and Durable Medical Equipment up the stairs!

All of the housecleaning staff I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has lots of restaurants near by.

The hotel has an informational binder for room service, from outside restaurants, the only problem is, the binder has not been updated and several of the phone numbers in it, had been disconnected.

All in all, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my 47 years.

I am very surprised it is a Clarion.

Room Tip: If you have an outside room, be sure to use all the locks:(
1 Thank nanas2boys
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Please give me a call at 615-890-0046 so we can look into the housekeeping issues on the room. We will be glad to work with you to ensure this will not happen again. I will need to know your information before I can resolve the issue. Thanks for letting us know there is an issue
Anaheim, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We didn't know the area and needed a hotel for a couple of days that didn't cost a fortune. Free breakfast and free parking sounded good, however the breakfast was less than desirable and the parking area was sketchy at night. The room we stayed in was dusty and the tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month after several people had used it. Overwhelming smell of chlorine when you walked near the in door pool. Just awful!!!!!

1 Thank OCBailey
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We apologize for the issues you may have ahd. The indoor pool requires a certian level of chlorine and we are very careful to keep it and the health code standards. Your issue witht he tub concerns me greatly. If you could call me at 615-890-0046 or the GM at 615-896-2420 and let us know the room you were in we will check the issue and see if there is a repair needed. I would also like to extend a return visit on us to prove your expirence ws abnormal.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Decent location. But, actually no restaurant now like they claim. Poor performance by check in staff. Nice Atrium and Pool, but they turned off A/C at 9p on a 103 degree day. Outside room have window a/c's that don't work well. Inside rooms have good a/c and access to Atrium and Pool. Complained to staff about a/c but he could not speak english. Front desk poor check-in, and poor check out. Billing error afterwards too.

Room Tip: try somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We are sorry you had a poor expirence at our property. We would like to make it up to you if you will call me directly at 615-890-0046. There are a few things I am a bit confused by and would like to speak with you about to try to rectify. The air is not on any type of timer so I would like to know if a breaker got flipped or there was some other sort of issue. I would also like to know about your billing issues so that we can make sure that is corrected.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

First off its right next to good restaurants such as Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, T.G.I.F, Buffalo wild wings, etc. And the mall so that's a plus. The room itself was clean, pretty nice, and had a jaccuzi tub. :) all in all pretty comfortable. We only encountered staff once and that was when we checked in and it was friendly and fast. The social area is pretty spacious and neat. Pool table and air hockey and pretty much a little arcade by the pool and hot tub. And a comfortable lounge area far enough from the pool but close enough to the kids...If you have em. I only have one complaint, in the morning there were no towels at the pool. Me my wife and our 2 year old enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I will look into what time the towels go out and the pool opens in the mornings.....
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Situated close to shopping, dining and Civil War Battlefied Stone's River, this location seemed ideal. I was traveling with my wife, brother and his wife and our mother. We had three rooms and two of us had issues from the start.

The lobby was nicely appointed and welcoming. There was a guest speaking with the front desk about their room key. Apparently there was a previous issue and now they were completely unable to enter the room. I'm thinking "isolated incident". We checked in with a desk clerk who was very pleasant and polite. Arriving at our room, the door was ajar, all the room lights were on as well as the TV. At first I thought I was at the wrong room. I double checked the number and poked my head in the door. No one was in there and there was no luggage or sign or it being occupied. Glancing around the room there was still food and trash on the floor and no garbage can liners. The shower curtain was missing and some of the toiletries were not there. It appeared I was there in "mid-clean". I called the front desk and they said someone would be there right away to finish the task. Within ten minutes they arrived but it was a bit awkward standing there while they cleaned around us. We didn't want to spend too much time outside on the balcony since it was 100 degrees out.

We were out of tissues in about 20 minutes. I believe one of the boxes had two left, the other had three. Leaving the room I noticed the weather stripping on the door dragged the carpet and made the door impossible to open completely. Not a make or break item but annoying none-the-less.

My mother's room had a huge gap under the door allowing the 100 degree heat to rush in. I also had to fiddle with the room card key to get it to unlock. When I finally got that to work I had to put my shoulder into the door to open it. I was concerned that my 78 year old mother couldn't get out of the room if she needed to because she wouldn't have the strength to open the door so she gave me her second room key if I needed to extricate her.There was no TV remote in her TV cabinet or bath towels in her bathroom.

Overall a rather disappointing experience. Generally we have had good experiences with Clarion Hotels. This one needs quite a bit of instruction in the way of attention to detail. I was hesitant to rate as poor but the number of items involved with a complaint was too many for me to give a higher rating.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the interior in summer. It should be much cooler.
1 Thank sharkzfan
We are sorry for the issues you had. I would like to speak to you directly to get more information in an attempt to not only give you some options to rectify the stay but to address the issues you had.....I do know that since your incident we put a new policy in place about the room rentals in the excessive heat we have been expirencing here in Middle TN. When you call if I can get your information we can look into what happened on the room cleaning situation and who checked you into that rooms, so we may address this.

615-890-0046