“Horrible Service and Dirty Rooms”

Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Bloomington, Illinois
“Horrible Service and Dirty Rooms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

After reading great reviews on this hotel while driving down the road i decided to book a room. When i called the hotel I was instructed to call a 800 # as i was told they did not take direct reservations, I wasn't even given a chance to ask some questions... So much for gettin answers from the source.

So i disregarded this and called the 800# where i dealt with a person who could barely speak english. They took my
reservation but couldnt answer most of my questions.

When I arrived at the hotel I noticed the property was in a shabby area but still held onto my trust in the other reviewers. I was very gullible however, the staff was very unprofessional while checking me in. It took 10 minutes to check me in while they made me wait so the person leaving could "get off in time to go see their friend for drinks".

I may be picky, but i felt like that could have waited till I was checked in. The dissatisfaction continued. My room hadn't even been cleaned. I asked for a different room but they told me they would clean it and couldnt move me. When i asked why they just kept telling me how long it would be untill the room was clean. Not even an apology.

When i finally was able to return to my room i spotted a red stain on the floor that was from a piece of pizza that was laying on the floor on my initial entry. I was so angered that i was expected to accept this for $80 per night.

At this point i picked up my cell phone to seek out another place to stay. Unfortunately anything reasonable in town was booked or way to expensive. So i was stuck.

I decided I would stay but relocate for my second night. There were young kids running all over the hotel hooping and hollering and worst of all the thumping bass from the bar/ restaurant kept my family up all night.

Then at 7am the trash truck showed up to disturb what sleep we had gotten.

All in all the stay was awful. The hotel obviously doesn't go out of their way to make a stay enjoyable at all. I may have high expectations, but I'd like to think a hotel with such good reviews wouldn't miss on so many things that can ruin a guests stay.

Needless to say, i found a comparably priced room nearby that had good customer service and clean rooms. Im pretty sure after my experience though, that anything would have seemed better.

Next time i am cooming to town I will be certain to read all the reviews on a property and not just the brand new ones. Had i read all of Clarion's I wouldnt have stayed here. Lesson learned...

Room Tip: Make sure your room is clean...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KJames45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
OKC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Had a few issues with this hotel. First room they put us in was an outside room. Once we got in it, we decided we didn't care for it, so called down to the desk and ask them if they could move us. They said that all King beds were outside corridors. We said we would take 2 double beds just to be in the inside corridor.

We then went to the desk and they moved us to an inside corridor. Got the key and went up to our room. It was the perfect location because there was a kids tennis tournament and there were lots of mid high kids there. So it was a more quiet area so we thought, but is was away from the pool where all the kids were swimming.

Opened our door and low and behold there was people's stuff in the room! Boy does that make you feel funny!. So went back down to the desk and told them and they said "really", then gave us another key next to the other one. Well guess what.....someone's stuff in that room TOO!! OMG! Called the desk and they said "are you serious....I'll be right there". After about 5 or 10 mins, they came up and brought us another key and we said "are you sure this one is OK? She said yes I checked it first. " Never did they say I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

So we're finally in OUR room and everything is fine....until we try to go to sleep. Well at that end of the hotel there is a nightclub in the hotel. All we could hear was a constant thumping noise from the music. Then to make matters worse, the room next to us, their door was really creaky and loud when opened and the people staying in it, were with the tennis group so it was kids and they were CONSTANTLY opening and shutting the door! All it needed was some WD40. So the next day we told the maintenance man. Well it never got done while we were there. So needless to say...with the thumping AND the door noise, we didn't get much sleep!

The next morning we went down to eat breakfast about 9am (they only service it til 9:30 on weekends which I think is early for a weekend) and everything was gone and a mess!!

My daughter lives in Murfreesboro so we have stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites on several occasions but this time it was really expensive and the Clarion did give us a really good rate. They did take $25 off our bill they said for the noise we complained about but nothing was ever said about the two wrong rooms!

Next time...I'll pay a little more and stay at Comfort Inn or Hampton.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel or their website.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Oklatraveler
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

I found this hotel to be great for families or groups with young people. They have an indoor pool and hot tub, with pleasant seating for those sitting around the pool. They also have a pool table and air hockey table. They have arcade type games just off the pool area. Plus, they have a great hot breakfast! The hotel is in the midst of remodeling, so some areas are up to date and some are not. Make sure you ask for a room with inside entrance only. The updated room that I stayed in was very nice with quite comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom is very spacious and remodeled too. The staff is polite and friendly and desiring to serve in any way they can!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
evansville, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Clarion is an older hotel that has been upgraded, and a new section added to overlook the atrium. Definitely ask for the 3rd or 4th floor. The atrium is great for kids of all ages, with a pool, whirlpool, table tennis, pool table, electronic games. The area is pretty steamy, thus the upper floors. Our room was a King suite, and it was huge. Two somewhat comfortable chairs, TV, balcony access overlooking the atrium. Very clean and comfortable, with an upgraded lobby, friendly staff, and a nice breakfast. I would stay here again, and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Many eating establishments nearby
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Paris, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I cannot say how wonderful Steph the manager is!! She went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel is undergoing updating but you really couldn't tell. The indoor pool and hot tub are perfect for the family. We also enjoyed the outdoor pool as well. The breakfast was wonderful and always well stocked. We will defiantly be staying here again!! Thanks so much for making us welcome in TN.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ParisBradyBunch
mpls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife & I came to Murfreesbore to visit our family members here and we really enjoyed the hospitality and the excellent breakfast. The next time we come back we will be sure to stay her again.
Mr. Patterson was very professionals and made us feel very welcome. Thanks for the hospitality, and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank arg4268
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion – Murfreesboro. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our General Manager and all the members of our Hospitality Team. We pride ourselves on providing comfortable accommodations along-side superior service.

We hope to see you back in Murfreesboro again real soon.

Chuck Smart, Director of Sales & Marketing - Clarion Murfreesboro
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

I travelled with my son's high school baseball team for the recent TSSAA High School State Baseball Tournament.

This is a large property with a huge interior open area that includes a pool, plenty of common area seating, and large breakfast area. It was perfect for several sports team to have space to socialize and move around without leaving the property. I had a nice third floor room with a balcony overlooking the indoor common area and indoor pool. The room and bathroom were clean. The two beds were very comfortable. $110 a night for a room would normally seem high to me, but that was the going rate for all hotels in the area during the event.

You can easily walk to three restaurants, two fast food options and Crakel Barrel. There is unlimited shopping and dining within a one mile drive.

If you are travelling with kids of any age, this is the perfect hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank TennesseeTravelerMan
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion – Murfreesboro. We are proud to have been selected as one of the host hotels for the 2011 “TSSAA – Spring Fling – State Championships”. You have complimented us on one of our proudest hotel features, “The Claridome” – our enclosed/internal atrium area.

Congratulations to your son’s Team for making State. I trust it was an experience he will always treasure. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chuck Smart, Director of Sales & Marketing - Clarion Murfreesboro