“Very outdated in comparison with other Quality Inns”

Quality Inn Murfreesboro
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Stilson, Georgia, United States
“Very outdated in comparison with other Quality Inns”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here because in too much pain to continue drive from Kansas City to Savannah area. Price is high for the very out dated, awkward laid out room we got (406). OLD box style TV where most others have gone to flat screens, said new beds but not as nice or thick as I'm used to when staying at Quality. If I want beds like this I can stay at Econo Lodge for much less money. A/C unit older and placed directly next to bed so persons sleeping on that side of room freeze or other bed the persons are too warm. Have NEVER walked into hotel/motel where first thing is bathroom sink and stuff. Not a well design at all. One thing is...this is the first Quality I have stayed at that actually had out complimentary cookies out for guests. Very tiny refrigerator and small microwave. Housekeeping not only couldn't be bothered to set clock....they actually left an envelope requesting a tip if you find room clean. I have never seen that and it offends me, specially a 1 night stay. Will find a different choice brand place to stay when I come back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with your recent stay at our property. My staff was not informed of any of the reasons you were unhappy until you were checking out, so I regret not having the opportunity to make you more comfortable during your stay. We are in the process of changing all of our TVs to the flat screen models, to be completed by the end of July 2013. If you stay with us in the future before the end of the month, just let us know at check-in that you would like a flat screen TV and we would be happy to give you a room that has already been changed over. We are in the process of doing some other renovations to update the rooms as well, besides the TV, including carpet, walls, furniture, etc. We have refrigerators and microwaves in most of our rooms, some are larger than others. If you let us know you would prefer a larger fridge in your room, we would be happy to accommodate that as well! The room is laid out with the vanity area outside the actual bathroom for convenience; I am sorry it was less than ideal for you. The object is to still allow access to the sink and mirror, etc, if someone is already occupying the bathroom. It is very handy for travellers that are on time constraints or those that have larger families. If you return to the area, we would be happy to take care of you; please let us know your specific needs at check-in or anytime during your stay, other than at checkout, so that we have the opportunity to provide them!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped for a single night on our way back from Florida because it was a good value and they allowed pets. When checking in Jay was friendly and efficient. After checking in I ran out to get dinner and when returning Jay had already called to ask if the room was ok. It was clean and my little dog Lily was welcomed as well. I even stopped to mention to the GM the next morning what a hard worker Jay was. Normally the night crew is sitting watching TV....everytime I walked my dog he was working hard doing something. This is one of the nicer Quality Inn's I have stayed at. We will be returning in July.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and for your kind words regarding our staff. I am glad you were pleased with your accomodations and our pet friendly atmosphere! We will see you in July!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I got lucky that this Quality Inn had a room due to the fact that the Bonoroo Festival was taking place. I didn't get a break in price but at least i didn't have to sleep in my truck. The staff was great and the rooms were just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the staff and property. The second week of June is one of the very few special event weeks we have in the calendar year, and we are generally already booked a year in advance. I am glad we were able to accomodate you as you were passing through!
Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff is best of the best! Can't ask for more. Quick check in/out.Pet friendly which is what drew me in to begin with & it's closeness to the Animal Vet Hospital we were going to. Excellent breakfast with many choices, served hot & plentiful with enough tables to accommodate everyone. Nice soft linens on beds, although mattresses a bit squishy for my taste. Rooms spacious, nice makeup mirror provided, plenty of hot water for shower. Pool area is small, but nice. On the day we were there my daughter had the pool to herself.
I had Room 416, a bit too close to elevator as you can hear it coming & going but you get used to it. On the day I arrived & the morning after they were replacing AC units on the roof & it was pretty noisy for a few hours making sleep impossible. I was not impressed with the slow internet service as it's practically useless, at least on the day I was there. I tried to use it both in my room & later at the pool, both the evening of my stay & the next morning. That was a major drawback to me. There is however a computer available in the lobby & it may be of better use.
Don't know if it's just my room, but there was no mini fridge or microwave & I didn't think to ask about those when I made my online reservation. I usually take snacks & iced coffee with me & found this a bit of a glitch as I've grown used to every hotel having them by now. Might want to ask if they have those in your room. Overall I rate it a 4 only because of the few negatives I mentioned. If those are not important to you then by all means stay here because the staff will make sure you enjoy yourself! I would stay here again if I don't need to use the internet on my next trip.

Room Tip: Room by the elevator was a bit noisy,as was work being done on the roof. There's no ice machine...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WitchDust
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We apologize for the noise during the AC repairs on the roof; all is taken care of now so next time you stay with us you should sleep much better! Don't be afraid to ask for a certain room or floor; we generally have no problem accomodating requests and encourage our guests to let us know exactly what they want so we can provide them with the best stay possible. Most of our rooms have the minifridges and microwaves, but not all, so just let us know when making your reservation or checking in, and we should be able to provide you a room with both with no problem. Thank you again, and for your kind words about our staff as well!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

ever day i see jay morning and night he's always working so is mack both of them bust their butts and its the best hotel i have been in jay and mack keep up the great work ,and housekeepers do a very good job ,they all are very nice and helpful thank you all for putting up with me you all are great great hotel,great people, great service

Room Tip: any room is great sleep like a baby on fourth floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the kind words about our staff. We always try our best to go above and beyond for each of our guests, so it is nice to hear that you were happy and comfortable during your visit. Think of us next time you are in Murfreesboro!
Buchanan, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I have stayed two times at this hotel and enjoyed each visit. This time, we decided to treat ourselves to a jacuzzi room and it was worth the extra money. We did a lot of walking at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival, which is a short 20 minute drive from the hotel, and I was very sore when we returned to the hotel. The jacuzzi was a welcomed blessing! The room was clean and quite large compared to what we're used to. The beds are very comfortable, although we wished we'd been provided more pillows. The hotel seemed to be to full capacity and the breakfast area was full both days we were there, but the lady kept the food well stocked, so nothing ever ran out. They have a wonderful hot breakfast that includes sausage (links & patties), eggs, biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, bagels, cold cereals, grits and various pastries. We enjoy the bright atmosphere in the breakfast area and the warm breakfast makes for a wonderful start to the day. The staff was very nice at both check-in and departure. We checked in late at night and the young man at the front desk was nice enough to assist me with the luggage cart as my husband parked the car. I had only one complaint about the hotel... the hallway had an unpleasant odor. We stayed on the bottom floor, so I'm not sure if all hallways throughout the hotel had the same bad odor. Even despite that, we definitely will stay at this hotel again next year and would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in the Murfreesboro area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you both for staying with us! It is wonderful to hear about how you enjoyed yourselves at our property. Next time you come back, don't hesitate to ask the front desk for extras if you need them (pillows, etc)!
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was terrible. We had room 104 the first night the people in the room above us kept us up all night. We called the desk 2 times still they made loud nosies. The room smelled of animal urine. Just smelled bad. The room was clean looking, the bed slept good, the breakfast was good. I would not stay at the this hotel again. The bad outweighed the good. We used points to get this room and when we complained about the noise the hotel refuned our points. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 104 smells bad of pet urine. Stay on top floor so you won't be kept awake...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Again, I would like to apologize for the problems you had during your recent stay. I am sorry about the noise from the nearby guests. As far as the smell you are mentioning, we received no reports of any bad odor in or around your room from you or anyone else that has stayed in that room since you checked out. It has been inspected and no odor was detected. Regardless, we fogged and oxygenated the room just in case after receiving your input. If you return to the area and we can help in your travels in any way, please let us know and we would happy to assist you!