“Terrible hotel.. Do not stay here”

Quality Inn Murfreesboro
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Winona, Minnesota
“Terrible hotel.. Do not stay here”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I were traveling to Florida and Murfreesboro was about halfway so we decided to stay at the Quality Inn since we had many good experiences with the chain before. We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and booked our room, the front desk operator was friendly and booked our third floor room quickly. The fun started on the third floor where the local Fraternity of Eagles were having a multi-room party. The smell of smoke filled the hallway and our room. The ice machine had been emptied, and the the hallway was more of a two lane highway with drunken morons running room to room. After nearly 14 hours of driving I was ready for the hot tube and my kids were ready for the pool. We threw on our suits and headed down stairs to find an ice cold pool and a hot tube filled with cement. My kids jumped out of the pool faster than they jumped in. There were no towels available in the pool area so we just headed back to the room. The smell of the room was too much to take and we ended up leaving at 3am and let the kids sleep while I drove. We plan on taking this trip twice a year but will never, ever stay at this hotel again.

When we reached Florida I brought up the hotel's website just to look at the photos and found the pool picture clearly shows a nice hot tub as well as states that it is an amenity of the place. The management needs to update the website to take this latent lie off.

Room Tip: Third floor smells like death
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MattN253
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for putting the review on trip advisor I'm sorry you did not feel that our hotel was up to standards. Our pool is an outside pool and is not heated and we have not had a hot tub and over three years. We do have hot tubs and some of our rooms and that is where you were coming up with it being on the website.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago and liked it so much I thought I'd go back when the occasion rose. When I went to check in the first thing I noticed was the awful smell. I thought it was someones bad B.O but as I walked to the floor I was on I realized it smelled like that throughout the entire hotel. Luckily the bad smell wasn't in our room. The room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while and there were serious maintenance issues in the room and throughout the hotel. The beds were also hard. I would never return to a hotel who's owner or management would let it go down so much! Very disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks for writing a response on trip advisor.com if you would contact me i would like to get more information off of you.

Blountville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2012

this quality inn is one of the finest i have every visited. the king room was spacious and comfortable. hotel is doing renovations but it does not affect the quests. having a cracker barrel next door is a plus.

Room Tip: .king room was fabulous
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank blm37617
Qualitytn044, General Manager at Quality Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank for the kind word we enjoyed having you.
Hope to see you soon
Smithland, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The quality inn Murfreesboro is an older motel. It is not in the heart of town with the newer chain hotels, but still next to a Pizza place and Cracker Barrel restaurant. We choice to stay here due to the extravagant prices at the hotel our team stayed. The price was very good, excellent in fact, and the staff was super friendly. They were over-the-top friendly! When we arrived and checked in, they gave us our room key. Upon entering the door there was a horrible smell of mold or mildew. When my husband brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk, he quickly apologized, realized it was an error to even rent that room out due to water damage. We were given a new room, the clerk said it was an upgrade, they were pretty full for the weekend. Well, it was indeed an upgrade! King bed, with jacuzzi tub, separate room with a sofa, tv, fridge and microwave and a big sink. It was a wonderful fit for my family of 3 on this particular trip. As I said, the hotel is old, could definitely use some updates, but it was clean, friendly, and wonderfully warm staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kgardner120
Etowah, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here because it was pet friendly and very cheap. The hotel is dated, was in process of getting painted. Our room was on the 1st floor, the carpet seemed damp, possibly from ac being on high since it was 100° outside. Room was clean w/microwave & refrigerator. Bathroom fan was LOUD and bathtub didn't drain well. We didn't sleep well because of hearing doors slam all night. We could hear "our neighbors" during the night as they chatted on cell phones.

Room Tip: Did NOT check out the rooms on upper floors
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. They had a nice breakfast with a lot of variety. My husband and I stayed there for a "break" while we drove to FL for our honeymoon. For the price it was perfect!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachelle B
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our experiences with Quality Inns in the past have usually been somewhat disappointing, but this place is a jewel. Our room was huge and included a king bed, full sized sofa with end tables and a coffee table, lamps, microwave, mini-refrigerator, and a large desk/table with nice desk chair. The bathroom counter top was larger than ours at home! The wi-fi was actually "high speed" rather than the snail speeds we usually experience in hotels. And they are pet friendly, which was the reason we chose them in the first place. The breakfast buffet was better than most and included eggs and sausage in addition to all the typical breakfast fare. Everything was clean and in good condition and the bed was very comfortable. We also thought their price was very competitive and their pet fee was only $10 for the entire length of stay, which was the best we encountered on our entire trip. We give this hotel an A+ across the board.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple