“One of my best stays!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of my best stays!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Staying at this property was one of my best hotel stays! Before I even arrived the Front Desk Supervisor was actively working on my reservation since I was using my SPG points. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff. My room was clean and quiet. I had several interactions with the maintenance staff while in the elevator, and they were friendly as well. This was all around one of the best stays I can remember and I would gladly stay here again, and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DanielSDC
Amy S, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future!

Amy Skiba- Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I figured I can't go wrong booking an award night from starwoods at the Four Points. Arrived after 12 am. First room's carpet was drenched from the leaking a/c. Next room seemed fine but after trying to fall asleep I realized the a/c wasn't working, just the fan. I was already in bed and figured I'll rough it through the night. In the morning I saw a bag of laundry that was left from a previous guest and was about to take a drink from the complimentary water when I noticed the bottle was open and used. I only hope the linen was clean. When I complained at check out I didn't get much of a response. Next time I'll be paying for a night elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank JoShGr
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear JoShGr,
We are very sorry for your dissatisfying experience at our hotel as what you mentioned is unacceptable. Rest assured, we have addressed your comments with our team and properly handled to ensure this does not happen again. Again, we are very sorry and hope we will have another chance to make this experience up to you. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Nothing really good I've been to Four points hotel's & this is the worst one by far Nothing good or great about this hotel I wish I stood at the Hilton much better and I do not recommend This hotel to anyone Please Do not come here. it could have been way much better but it's not

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked this room last minute for one night's stay after a concert at Montage Mountain. The hotel was very convenient to the concert venue as it is only like 2-3 miles from Montage. Located in a quiet residential area just off 81. Not really convenient to many restaurants. The hotel service was fine, but not super friendly. The hotel itself was again just fine. The room itself was ok but pretty small overall. Bathroom was tiny and the layout was funny. Door opened right to the tub and you had to move out of the way just to shut the door. Definitely not enough room for two to get ready at the same time. Not a lot of space to move around where the beds and desk/drawer combo was either. (but an odd amount of wasted space as soon as you walk in the room) The hotel could use some attention in the area of cleanliness too. Nothing really gross that would make me turn and run in the opposite direction, but it could be better. Hallways were also very dark and smelled a little funky. Also, the climate system seemed to have problems keeping a constant temperature so I woke up several times during the night to cover or uncover...going from hot to freezing. We didn't use the pool or restaurant so we can't speak to the quality of either. Got a great deal on hotwire.com on the room otherwise I may have been a little disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie L
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and have addressed your comments with our team so we can improve in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us, and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Melbourne FL
Reviewed August 6, 2014

One problem after another. First, the key did not work. Returned to desk to get another one. It worked. The air conditioning was not working so I called the desk. Was told that they were completely booked. I insisted that we (my son and I) could not stay in a room with no air. After a long wait and my insisting, another room was found. Actually two rooms were found but both had a king bed instead of the two queens I had reserved. Since more that an hour had passed, I accepted the king room. In the am, no wakeup call but fortunately I awoke early. Then found that the soap and shampoo dispenser in the bathroom was empty. Lastly, on the second day, we had no towels. They had taken the used one but had not replaced them with clean ones. All in all, a disaster. My advice is to keep driving.

Room Tip: Keep traveling.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Butch32940
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Butch32940,
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to your guest room during your stay with us. We strive to provide uncomplicated comfort to our guests and apologize that this was not your experience as this does not reflect our standards. Thank you for this feedback; we will address your comments with our team to ensure this does not occur again in addition to improving guest experience. All the best.
Stanford, Kentucky
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had traveled almost 12 hours and was looking forward to staying at Four Points in Scranton,
but I was looking for those billboards on I-81 to announce it's pending exit. By the time I realized
I was at the hotel I was already past the exit and had to drive 3 more miles to turn around and
come back. I told them it would have been nice to see a sign about the hotel way before the
exit! The hotel was ok but far from the 3-star I was led to believe by Hotwire. The rate of $54 was
inline with what I got. I think there were nicer hotels I could have stayed in, but it did have a
nice Italian restaurant across the street called Sacco's (see my review).

Room Tip: away from the Interstate
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Hushai
Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Four Points is a nice place... but fell short of the 4 star rating, in our opinion. The check in was smooth and the employees were friendly. We got to our room, #329, which is at the end of the hall. It was a small room with a postage stamp bathroom! But, we figured we would not be in the room too much, so we would be fine. Our friend, who traveled with us, had a much bigger room, #320, for the same price! When we asked at the desk, we were told that both rooms were the same. We explained that our room was much smaller and was the same price, we were told that both rooms were king rooms; and the same. We were not offered a chance to move to another room, but then, I believe they were at full capacity. (We both paid approx. $165 per night for the rooms).
Now, the good part of the trip was the bed! It was great. Great pillows and a great bed... no complaints at all about that. The wi-fi was free and easy to log on... loved that!!
We had breakfast at the lobby restaurant and we all had the Four Points breakfast. It was really good and only $8 per person.
There was peeling paint in the bathroom ceiling, over the shower. I believe this hotel was an older that was renovated, so most of it was nice.
We would stay here again, but not in a room at the end of the hall... they are NOT the same as regular rooms!!

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room at the end of the hallway (they call it a corner room, but it is not)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom43302
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a great experience in our restaurant. Your comments are a very valuable way for us to improve and provide excellent customer service to our future guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future reservations.