“Not bad....”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not bad....”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stay in a lot of hotels and have to say that this is one of the better ones. Check-in was quick and friendly. The room was different (I like different) than most. The windows could have been cleaned so that I could enjoy the full view. I don't usually eat in hotels because they are overpriced and the food usually taste like crap but I was told by a friend that the lunch buffet was excellent. Since we weren't staying long enough for lunch I decided to eat breakfast in hotel instead. It was surprisingly very good. I also liked the fact that the hotel is located downtown as I like to get out, walk around and see the sights. The only thing I didn't like was the sleep number bed...ugh!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
radissonscranton, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Dear travelgirl75555,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel in Downtown Scranton and especially for the kind words regarding the hotel, restaurant and facilities. We put a lot of effort and pride into honoring this wonderful station as a fine hotel every day. I am sorry you did not enjoy the Sleep Number Bed. For your future visit, I wanted to let you know we do also offer Pillow Top Mattress Beds in select rooms. Please let us know the next time you visit us and our Reservation staff will be more than happy to accommodate your request.
Sameer Ali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I thought that the days were over when a gay couple were treated with cold stares and flats grins in a downtown hotel on the east coast. The hostile absence of a welcome, help with problems, or even a respectable farewell, though passive, was palpable. That was besides being disappointed with green tint of the cheesy florescent twisted bulbs in all light fixtures, the hard to flush commode, noisy heater/ac, and no WiFi, and $289 price for a Saturday night stay in a room with a view of a parking lot. Stay away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear bobandjoe101,
On behalf of the entire staff and management at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, I sincerely do apologize for our failure to provide the exceptional levels of service you expected and should have been provided. We value your honest feedback to improve our service to all guests and have also addressed the poor service issue with the staff. Regarding the Internet, we are adding more access points and are upgrading our service with a 3MB data circuit feeding the entire hotel within the next two weeks. Again, I apologize for your prior stay and look very forward to seeing you again.
Sameer Ali

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

NJ
Reviewed June 7, 2010

All was great - the bell man immediately came over to offer valet and help us with our bags, check-in was fast and courteous, brunch was very good (about $25/pp), the room was clean and smoke-free as promised (Rm 427), and the lobby was amazing.

Just one annoyance - We called for room service at 9am and got voicemail stating to leave our name and room number. At least one of us was in the room for the next 3 hours and no one called back. The room service system needs some refinement that would include having someone available to answer the phone.

The bed had a remote to change mattress firmness, and it was not working properly. That was not an important amenity to me, so it did not bother me. The bathroom was small, but we were OK with that.

I noticed other reviewers complaining about the $5 parking, but many hotels charge much more for parking (including the Hilton across from the Radisson). I am not sure if parking fees are standard for Radisson or for Scranton.

It is very nice for a 3 1/2 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear tmmrd,
Thank you for the kind review !! Our goal at the Radisson Lackawanna Station hotel is to provide 100% guest satisfaction through excellent service. I sincerely apologize for the room service issue. This has been addressed with the Food & Beverage department and appropriate steps have been taken to avoid such an issue in the future. Thank you for your business and we look forward having you with us in the future. Sincerely,
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I had read some mediocre reviews and was tempted to change my choice of hotels, but decided to go there anyway, and I am happy I did. The room was a good value and was comfortable., The staff was very nice. I had auto trouble and the door man offered to take me to my meeting.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
radissonscranton, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Dear Uncle Jack,
I wanted to personally thank you for your time to review our Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel in downtown Scranton. We really appreciate your words of compliments about our employees and about the quality of the hotel. Thank you for your business and we look forward having you with us in the near future. Sincerely,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have to say, this hotel has the best front desk staff one can ask for. Quick, efficient, and professional. Spoke with the manager, I believe, Rae, she is probably the best thing the hotel could have done. I use to travel to the area alot, however, after being offended by the previous manager, Jerry, I chose to stay elsewhere. Thank you Rae for making a dynamite impact, now I am back to the historic hotel that I once loved!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Alpha1122,
I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your kind review and for your nice words of compliments regrads to our hotel's staff. Thank you for helping me recognize their excellent work. We are looking forward to have you with us on the next trip to North East Pennsylvania.
East Bangor, PA
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I stayed here for three nights from May 14-17 and it was amazing. The room was impeccable and the hotel staff was so accomodating and gracious! When I first checked in and got to my room, it was smaller that what I had viewed during a tour of the hotel in April. Sarah at Reception immediately changed my room to a more spacious one and it was phenomenal from that moment on. I came for a much needed rest and I was more than satisfied with the amenities in the room as well as the service of the entire staff, especially Michele E. who cleaned my room spotlessly daily.
My kudos to this Radisson for their "above and beyond" customer service!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Dear Donnac62,
Thank you for the great review you gave us!! Our goal at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton is to provide excellent service and accomodations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Scranton.
Suburban Philadelphia
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The Radisson Lackawanna Station is an impressive structure, both inside and outside. The lobby of the hotel hosts Carmen's Restaurant, which was closed during the one day that we were there. The service personnel at the desk were friendly and helpful. The room was quite nice (looked as though it had been refurbished fairly recently), but the large window in the room was filthy dirty, very difficult to see outside (maybe that was intentional since there wasn't all that much to see outside). I don't know why the hotel tacks on a $5.00 parking charge--seems a bit chintzy. All in all, a good hotel--downtown and next door to the University of Scranton. Scranton itself seemed disheveled and dreary, an attribute, unfortunately, of most coal-region towns and cities.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear CodgersontheMove,
Thank you for your time to review The Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel in downtown Scranton and for the great ratings. Our team really appreciates it. We look forward to seeing you again during your visits to Scranton, Pennsylvania.
AGM