“two star price but five star rating!”

Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Booked this as part of a niagara to New York road trip, I like to go to places that maybe average British tourists go to but was getting a tad worried when everybody kept saying " Scranton-what you going there for?!". Needn't have worried, hotel was better than expected from the stunning lobby right through to the great night we spent in Trax bar. Have no idea why people call it shabby, it's an old building and extremely well kept. Our room was huge with great storage and a nice view over the town. Beds were amazingly comfortable and the linen lovely.
We were lucky enough to meet Mr G who instigated the restoration of the building when it had been used by homeless and drug users.
This hotel was the same price as we paid the night before at super 8 in ithaca and I would not hesitate to return.
Scranton itself was quiet but lovely with a fab courthouse and green. We had a few drinks in the Bog (great little dive bar) and a reasonably priced Thai meal next door.
We hope to be back for Mr G 's st Patrick's party!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to meet Mr. G at the Trax bar. He is a staple here at the hotel, and I'm happy he was able to tell you stories of our history.

We look forward to your return over St. Patrick's Day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The lobby is beautiful, but in checking into my room I noted a strong, rank smell. The carpet was very old and there were water stains on the ceiling. There was mold covering the heating and air conditioning ducts. I tried perfume, febreeze, and powder to no avail. By the last day of my stay my allergies were in overdrive and I was happy to check out and get some fresh air. My coworker stayed on a different floor and noted similar issues.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle T
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry for the smell issue that you noted and have alerted my Chief Engineer and Housekeeping Manager of your comments so that we can ensure to correct the issue for the future.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Lobby and Carmen's restaurant were well worth seeing and dining there was very nice. The rooms however were a little dirty and shabby. I found a lot of mold in the bath tub, took a photo and showed it to the front desk. They said they would fix that right away. Well, 3 days went by and they did not.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eileen R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the history of our building and the food at Carmen's 2.0, but am sorry about the lack of follow through from the front office staff. I will address your comments with them and the engineering staff to ensure that all issues are corrected in a timely manner for our guests.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had our family reunion at this hotel and the staff could not have been more accommodating. They organized different historic locations around the area to visit and the special dinner menu they created for the formal get together was excellent!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am thrilled that our staff helped you experience the history of Scranton and that you had a memorable family reunion.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here with a group of friends for an over night getaway. The lobby is truly amazing. The rooms are average but have a lot of charm. The bed was comfortable and room very clean. We had dinner and breakfast in the lobby restaurant and the food and service was awesome. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our lobby to be amazing. I am happy that you were able to enjoy Carmen's 2.0 and that you would return to stay with us.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here mid-week on business and booked through Priceline for about $60. Being in a former, grand train station, the lobby is incredible. My room, however, was mostly average for a hotel at this level. Strangely shaped and arranged, average TV with not-so-great picture and channel selection and, perhaps most weird, no toilet paper. Not even a holder for toilet paper, which I've never seen before. I had to use Kleenex.

This room was fine as a "sleep-hole," which is sometimes all I need if I'm arriving late and leaving early, as this trip called for, but I would not choose it again if I wanted a place to enjoy quality time in the room.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PricelineGuy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our grand lobby, but am sorry that the room did not equally impress you. I will communicate your comments to the General Manager and keep them in mind during our next refresh in efforts to better serve our guests.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sun night. Most restaurants in downtown Scranton were closed. The lobby is the best part as it is breathtaking. The carpet in my room by the fridge and air conditioner was wet. Not sure which appliance was causing it. The bed was comfortable. Bring earplugs. Can hear everyone's doors slamming.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our beautiful, historic lobby. I am sorry, though, that there was a noise issue during your stay. I will ensure to relay your comments to all management so that we can correct that for the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!