Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Econo Lodge(Scranton)
$47
TripAdvisor
1,151 results
All reviewshistoric buildingstained glasstrax barbeautiful hotellobby restaurantbeautiful lobbymain lobbyscranton areamarbleconvertedbrunchrailroadgrandeurrestorationuniversityera
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is in a beautifully restored train station with a lovely lobby. The price was very low, so I did not expect much. Yet, there was staff out front to greet me and three people working the front desk.

The rooms are old, but comfortable. I wish there was more natural light in the room. But, then again, this was a restored train station. I also wish the bed was little firmer.

There is plenty of parking. They could use some more signage regarding where hotel guests are expected to park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the staff greeted you and made you feel welcome. I will pass along your comments about parking signage and bed firmness to the correct departments as well so that we can continue to improve and impress our guests.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is really a nice place to stay due to history that has been preserved there. They also offer a free breaksfast. There is also a Starbucks on site for all you coffee drinkers. The rates were great. The only downfall was road consrtuction but that will end in time and not hotels fault.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cliff J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you found us to be a good value and that you had a pleasant experience with us. I do understand how the nearby construction can be frustrating. I, too, hope it is completed soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a refurbished train station. It is lovely inside. Our room was very clean and spacious which doesn't happen often. We came in part to see the Univ of Scranton and got a fantastic rate after spending several days in downtown DC at a "just OK" Holiday Inn that cost us a fortune so this hotel was a refreshing break! The AC in the room was a bit loud but I have learned and bring earplugs regularly to use when I am sleeping at hotels. Suggestions for improvement: tidy up your entrance, water your hanging baskets or get fresher looking ones, give your trashcans a powerwashing as they look pretty sad next to such a grand building and your outdoor seating!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were a refreshing break for you. I will pass along your improvement suggestions so that we can continue to update and provide every guest with an exceptional experience.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Normally, restaurants in hotel lobbies are marginal at best. The food in the restaurant here was professionally and pleasantly served, attractively presented and tasted great. The ambience of the stained glass ceiling, rococo furnishings and water fountains made the meal taste even better. I wish the actual hotel rooms were as nice as the lobby. Make no mistake, they were clean, the bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom amenities perfect and even the shower was up to standard. It was just not as special as the rest of this special hotel.
I have two complaints. My sleep number bed was slumberously comfortable but the number system was not operational. Second complaint, I would have loved to seen the morgue in the bowels of the old building but it is, alas, off-limits to guests. Pretty mild complaints for any hotel. the staff were gracious and accommodating btw.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to see that the food at Carmen's 2.0 was impressive for you, and that the staff was gracious and courteous.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for the second time (this time for a wedding). The hotel is a beautifully restored Railroad Station with a marble lobby. The wedding was held in the lobby and it made it special. The food was definitely the rubber chicken circuit type. It was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Scranton, especially if you are going to Steamtown!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the wedding was exceptional. I look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit Scranton.