“Best Place to Stay Downtown”

Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Best Place to Stay Downtown”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is your best choice as a place to stay in downtown Scranton. I have visited the area 5 times in the past 6 years and have stayed at this hotel 5 times. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The ambiance of the train station setting cannot be beat. The Sunday Buffet is absolutely great and always well attended. The food in the restaurant is always wonderful and the service is outstanding. The bar that is a favorite with locals is welcoming and the drinks are wonderful. Very friendly atmosphere and super bartenders.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you consistently enjoy your time at our hotel and that you always have a favorable experience at our restaurant, Carmen's 2.0.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband stayed here last summer for a couple of nights and really enjoyed the experience. Raved about the Jazz Music/Festival that was taking place, the food in the lobby restaurant etc. So I decided on a second trip that I would book for us once again. First off it was a winter's Sunday with less that 50% of the hotel booked. So as you can imagine it was pretty quite and lobby dining was closed. The room was only so-so, view was out of the back of the hotel. The bar was nice but very quite. Overall I would not bother booking the place again. Everything seemed a little dull.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry to see that you didn't have an exceptional experience with us. Our Jazz Festival is a popular event and is a lot more eventful for our guests than a standard Sunday, but I apologize that it seemed dull!

long island, new york
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel looks like a museum. Its an old train station and just a beautiful, historic building. When eating in the lobby or having a cup of Starbucks coffee, there is usually an excellent piano player playing beautiful songs. Very classy.

I did order roomservice for breakfast for 2 days and the food was very good and the coffee was nice and hot.

My room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. It was an adjustable number bed so it could be adjusted to however I wanted it. I enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave in my room and I loved the big bay window overlooking the University of Scranton. At night I would look out and the mountain was very well lit. It was a very nice scene.

I must admit, I am alittle neurotic about traveling. I always get worried that I am going to be stuck in a bad room, next to a barking dog and loud inconsiderate neighbors, with a bad odor and staring at a parking lot or dumpster. I called ahead of time and spoke to the Guest Relations Manager Megan who assured me that that would not be the case and she kept her word! Upon check-in, Sue and Melissa helped me out and made the experience very pleasant. Thank you ladies for a great experience.

Wake up calls are very important to me and they came whenever I asked for them.

A very positive experience and I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1snappleltommy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I remember speaking to you when making your reservation and am so happy that everything went well for you throughout your stay. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Sue and Melissa as well, as they will be thrilled to see that they made a positive impression upon you.

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed one night during my trip to New York. The building is a converted more than a century old train station. It;s a nice place to visit, but not very much so to stay overnight. The hotel still smells as an old train station (new paint cannot cover for decades of smoke and spilled diesel). Went to have a drink in the evening, and had to wait for quite a while to get served. It will be all good for 2 stars budget hotel, but I expected better from Radisson.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike A
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay and that there was a long wait at Trax when you went for cocktails. I will make sure to address your comments with our housekeeping staff and Food and Beverage Manager in attempts to correct the issues you encountered.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you are expecting a brand new 21st century hotel devoid of character or history look elsewhere. This renovated train station has stories embedded everywhere and fortunately the staff who can help tell them. I felt like i was staying at a museum. Beautiful art deco style panorama frescos on the walls in the lobby reflective of where the trains actually travelled when they did. Ornate rare marble tile floors also cover the lobby and rescued antique chandeliers rescued from the Germantown Hotel. There is also some old-timers who can tell you quite a bit about the property. The rooms are clean and the staff courteous. Sure there are some architectural peculiarities (some floor unevenness in places and weird room configurations for example) but that just highlights the uniqueness. Hope they continue to invest and it does not fall in disrepair. As a bonus it is walking distance to everything worth walking to in Scranton...including the Irish brew pub across the street. Nice place.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor based on other reviews and were quite happy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorPoisson
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was helpful in highlighting the history of our building. I appreciate all the wonderful comments you made and look forward to you staying with us again in the future!
Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel is beautiful. Take the time to walk around if you have some time...the architecture is gorgeous. Staff was friendly and willing to help when asked. We visited in February...of cousre there was snow in Scranton! Hard to keep up with the ice storm but there were staff members salting the lot and offering a hand to the car. Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irishfred33
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you.

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

horrible, terrible smell, windows dirty...terrible customer service.....even tried to call, got the run around, called main office. Manager extremely defensive....credit card comprimised after we stayed there...long story...never, ever again!

Room Tip: don't bother, smelly and dark and dreary. Could not sleep as the air conditioner was so loud...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SHIRLEY P
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so sorry to see that you didn't have an enjoyable experience with us and would love to speak to you further about the issues you encountered. Please contact me directly so that I may rectify the situation and improve upon your first impression of us.

On behalf of the entire staff of the Radisson Lackawanna Station, thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!