“Interesting history” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
new jersey
“Interesting history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you are a fan of new sheet rock and modern room numbers this is not for you. Actually this is a place adults who appreciate history would appreciate. This Original elaborate Train station from an era where the rails were king. Most of the building is original. Original marble, Original mosaic floor, original Tiffany stain glass, original tile art. Highly recommend the bar tender in the small bar in the evening. The restaurant was reasonable. Great location within Scranton and only 15 minutes to the Mohegan Sun Casino. Walking distance to the Steam town mall and Steam town itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Diplomatok
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and that you got to soak in some of the history of our building. I hope that you were able to look through our historical perspective and explore the lobby tiles as well.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I must admit, as a reviewer, I was really considering leaving a less than favorable review. First off the hotel's main lobby area is a must see for anyone who enjoys architecture. It is absolutely amazing. I had a few minor issues with my room that I brought to management's attention. The bar inside, Traxx is very good for food quality. Of all of the encounters I had with staff, they are for the most part very eager to please. Be ready to get hit with a 5 dollar a day parking fee which doesnt seem like much until you're there for 14 days.
Major issue I had was being charged a smoking fee to my room when I did not smoke inside. I worked in the casino which allows smoking. The GM was very apologetic and did his part to make things right! Kudos to him. So all in all, what could have been bad turned out good thanks to a GM that got it right!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy that our General Manager was able to correct your issue and that your review turned out to be a favorable one!

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business!
Pine Beach, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I were born and raised near Scranton, but have been out of the area for many years. The Radisson at Lackawanna Station holds fond memories, since my mother, aunts and I often waited there for a train to take us to Hoboken, where we caught the ferry to New York City. For years, the station sat empty and neglected, but remained a magnificent piece of architecture. It's wonderful to see how beautifully restored and maintained it is now. There are even some of the benches from the old waiting room at various places in the public areas - perhaps I actually sat on one of them as a child!

We still have occasion to visit the area from time to time, and have stayed at the station whenever we do. Our last visit was on 1/11 - 1/12/13. I requested a room we had and liked on a previous stay, or similar, and we were happy to be given the same one. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the room was clean and comfortable, with a nice view of the city.

BTW, Carmen's Restaurant was excellent!

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher with a city view. Two queen beds made for a very spacious...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy D
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us. I know I have already emailed you, but I want you to know how much we appreciate your business. I look forward to your next stay!
wilkes-barre
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Well Me and a few others were part of the wedding block and there was one shuttle running when the bride paid for two. We were an hour or more late for the wedding. We missed the cocktail hour. Not only was this bad but when we arrived at the hotel to check in the females working at the front desk were rude and ignorant. Terrible, terrible customer service. For a very odd reason my card was declined, so they asked me in rudest way if I had a different credit card. I replied back no and the both of the ladies made it seem like something was wrong with me because I only had one. So since they didn't know how to swipe my card because it got decline and had to take money out of the atm. Doing this, i got charged a 50 dollar extra fee just because THEIR machine didn't work. Such an inconvenience to me! The paying customer! And when my card got declined, the ladies at the desk both laughed at me. I didn't see this but the people i was with did because i was getting money out of the atm. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were smaller than a closet. The people made me feel so uncomfortable. Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't go to the Radisson
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am terribly sorry to see that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we must have a valid credit card on file in order to check in a room as we authorize the card for the stay as well as $50 per night for incidentals. If a guest pays cash, we still must have the card on file for that incidental authorization. I would be happy to discuss your stay and our policies further with you, and I will definetely pass along your comments to my staff and other property managers so that we can continue to improve for our guests. We strive to provide every guest with exceptional service and I am disappointed that you felt that you did not receive that.

On behalf the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station hotel, I thank you for your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The lobby is beautiful. The room was clean, though a little run down. The heater made some very odd sounds, which would probably bother a light sleeper. Staff was nice. Very close to downtown stuff and the University of Scranton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found yourself in a clean comfortable room! I will pass along your comments to my Chief Engineer so that we can be aware of heater issues.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

For anyone who enjoys history, especially American railroad history, this hotel is a must stay. Thankfully the beauty of the architecture has endured and the space is used most appropriately. The excellent facilities are almost secondary to the experience of staying in such an historic property. Service was very efficient and the room comfortable. The only thing missing is a pool and hot tub, but I understand that having such facilities in an old historic property on a cramped lot is not something that is easily accomplished. Do yourself a favor and take a few days and visit the museums and this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a king room to be sure to get a sleep number bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the history and service you experienced and that you were able to see some of the museums found in Scranton.

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.
Commerce City, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to change my room three times and then left the hotel because I found short curly hair and head hair all over the pillow, bed sheets, comforter and shower in all three rooms. There was more hair in these beds than there would be in a bed that two people slept in for a month. It is a shame that this hotel lacks the most essential part of housekeeping because this is a beautiful historical building.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, look somewhere else and read hotel reviews because that is how I found a clean room f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that you had such a negative experience and have already informed our housekeeping staff of your comments. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and our exceptional service and I am sincerely sorry that you did not see this during your brief stay with us. If you find yourself in the Scranton area again, I would love to be given the opportunity to improve upon this first impression.