“Brought back happy memories!”

Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Pine Beach, New Jersey
“Brought back happy memories!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I were born and raised near Scranton, but have been out of the area for many years. The Radisson at Lackawanna Station holds fond memories, since my mother, aunts and I often waited there for a train to take us to Hoboken, where we caught the ferry to New York City. For years, the station sat empty and neglected, but remained a magnificent piece of architecture. It's wonderful to see how beautifully restored and maintained it is now. There are even some of the benches from the old waiting room at various places in the public areas - perhaps I actually sat on one of them as a child!

We still have occasion to visit the area from time to time, and have stayed at the station whenever we do. Our last visit was on 1/11 - 1/12/13. I requested a room we had and liked on a previous stay, or similar, and we were happy to be given the same one. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the room was clean and comfortable, with a nice view of the city.

BTW, Carmen's Restaurant was excellent!

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher with a city view. Two queen beds made for a very spacious...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy D
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us. I know I have already emailed you, but I want you to know how much we appreciate your business. I look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
wilkes-barre
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Well Me and a few others were part of the wedding block and there was one shuttle running when the bride paid for two. We were an hour or more late for the wedding. We missed the cocktail hour. Not only was this bad but when we arrived at the hotel to check in the females working at the front desk were rude and ignorant. Terrible, terrible customer service. For a very odd reason my card was declined, so they asked me in rudest way if I had a different credit card. I replied back no and the both of the ladies made it seem like something was wrong with me because I only had one. So since they didn't know how to swipe my card because it got decline and had to take money out of the atm. Doing this, i got charged a 50 dollar extra fee just because THEIR machine didn't work. Such an inconvenience to me! The paying customer! And when my card got declined, the ladies at the desk both laughed at me. I didn't see this but the people i was with did because i was getting money out of the atm. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were smaller than a closet. The people made me feel so uncomfortable. Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't go to the Radisson
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am terribly sorry to see that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we must have a valid credit card on file in order to check in a room as we authorize the card for the stay as well as $50 per night for incidentals. If a guest pays cash, we still must have the card on file for that incidental authorization. I would be happy to discuss your stay and our policies further with you, and I will definetely pass along your comments to my staff and other property managers so that we can continue to improve for our guests. We strive to provide every guest with exceptional service and I am disappointed that you felt that you did not receive that.

On behalf the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station hotel, I thank you for your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The lobby is beautiful. The room was clean, though a little run down. The heater made some very odd sounds, which would probably bother a light sleeper. Staff was nice. Very close to downtown stuff and the University of Scranton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found yourself in a clean comfortable room! I will pass along your comments to my Chief Engineer so that we can be aware of heater issues.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business!
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2013

For anyone who enjoys history, especially American railroad history, this hotel is a must stay. Thankfully the beauty of the architecture has endured and the space is used most appropriately. The excellent facilities are almost secondary to the experience of staying in such an historic property. Service was very efficient and the room comfortable. The only thing missing is a pool and hot tub, but I understand that having such facilities in an old historic property on a cramped lot is not something that is easily accomplished. Do yourself a favor and take a few days and visit the museums and this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a king room to be sure to get a sleep number bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the history and service you experienced and that you were able to see some of the museums found in Scranton.

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business.
Commerce City, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to change my room three times and then left the hotel because I found short curly hair and head hair all over the pillow, bed sheets, comforter and shower in all three rooms. There was more hair in these beds than there would be in a bed that two people slept in for a month. It is a shame that this hotel lacks the most essential part of housekeeping because this is a beautiful historical building.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, look somewhere else and read hotel reviews because that is how I found a clean room f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that you had such a negative experience and have already informed our housekeeping staff of your comments. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and our exceptional service and I am sincerely sorry that you did not see this during your brief stay with us. If you find yourself in the Scranton area again, I would love to be given the opportunity to improve upon this first impression.
Westmont, New Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Rented 5 rooms "2 Queen-sleep Number Bed Room - Advance Purchase - Save 25%" for $90/room through the internet to attend a family funeral the next morning. The lobby is a classic old train station with stained glass on the ceiling. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient. The rooms were fairly large and clean. The bathroom was small but clean. When a hairdryer was found broken, it was quickly replaced. However, our room and at least 2 others were not sleep number beds as shown on the reservation. The HVAC system worked efficiently but was loud every time it turned on. We ate breakfast in the lobby and it was priced low but overall the food did not meet the standards I am used to in hotels.(eg. - the avocado in the avocado omelet was dark brown)
Even though this hotel has a few flaws, overall it is a good bargain for the money with an historic atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoed your stay, but am sorry that you were given rooms without sleep number beds when that is what you had reserved. I will pass along your comments to our restaurant in efforts to continue improving our food and menu.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel in Scranton, Pa thank you for your business!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas night. We made the reservation during the afternoon and then immediately called to request a crib for our toddler. We arrived around 10:30pm and, during check-in, confirmed that there would be a crib in our room. However, when we got up to our room with our sleepy children, there was no crib. I called the front desk and was told they were out of cribs. This was a big problem for us as our 20-month-old son had never slept outside of a crib. The freedom was just too much for him and it was hours before he settled down and we were able to sleep.

Besides the fact that there was no crib and we ended up tired and grumpy, the hotel was looking pretty drab. The room was spacious, the beds seemed new (and were comfortable), and the shower had good water pressure (almost too much), but otherwise the room was pretty tired looking. We liked the old-timey look of the place, but it clearly needs a facelift.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CMarriott
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am sorry to hear of your negative experience with the crib, but am glad that you enjoyed the sleep number bed and shower pressure in the room.

On behalf of all of us here at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, thank you for your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!