“Great historic location!”

Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We hit a Priceline goldmine with this one! Located in a historic train station, this place is mammoth! The lobby alone is worth the time to scope. Check out the back stairs where the original, metal-caged elevator, I believe, handles room service and maid service. Room service was prompt and delicious. "Sleep Number" beds are overrated. I like the carafe-style coffee makers much better than the single-cuppers. I'm sure it's touch to make an old building as utilitarian to modern tastes, but these folks have done a truly decent job on this one.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators on any floor, and especially avoid a 2nd floor room directly over the c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Tom T,

I am glad you had a chance to explore the hotel and some of it's nooks and crannies! It is remarkable and if a building could have feelings, it would be glad you appreciated it so. Your kind and helpful words will be appreciated by our staff. We hope to have you visit us again soon!

See you at the Station...

Sarah Eynon

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This Radisson Hotel is located in the oreiginal Lackawanna Railroad's main passenger station and office building. Be sure to look up and see the tile murals depicting scenes along the Lackawanna Railroad. We had a fantastic buffet lunch in the original concourse. Do take time to wander about and see pictures, the ornate Victorian walk-in safe, and original fixtures. We did not stay the night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Jerry,

I am SO pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. I do hope you enjoyed your meal, as I know you certainly enjoyed your surroundings. Hopefully you will have another opportunity to visit us again, see you at the station...

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The converted train station was an interesting setting and lent itself to beautiful architecture (marble throughout the lobby, nice exterior). The hotel itself was average at best, with older rooms and amenities. It's also across the street from University of Scranton and a bar, so there was a lot of outside noise in the middle of the night. There are a few restaurants in the area and a run-down mall within walking distance. It's definitely not worth it at full price, but we got it very cheap through Priceline and it did its job as a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your time spent at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the beautiful architecture and historical nature of our building, we take great pride in its upkeep. However, I am sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room. Rest assured that cleanliness and optimal guest experience is our first priority so we are looking into the areas you mentioned. We continue to improve and upgrade our amenities at every opportunity.
We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My bill was not correct.And had to be corrected.
We had three rooms, one of wich was switched three times for being unsatisfactory. (almost double booked). The idea that we were all charged the same exact price yet our rooms were three completely different sizes, is ridiculous.
The carpet in our room was disgustingly dirty.
The phone and remote for the TV were both greasy for some reason. GROSS!
The tub would not hold water in one of the rooms it kept draining while trying t take a bath.
OVERALL I would NEVER recommend and would NERVER stay again, terrible deal for the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The train station conversion makes this hotel unique and special. While the Hilton across the street is newer it doesn't have the same charm. The food here is very good and the people very friendly. The rooms are sometimes odd shaped/varied in size, not overly impressive and the furniture in mine was worn a bit. But I still love the lobby/restaurant area and the ambiance - it's a great place to have a drink. Just beautiful. I always come here when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your experience at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. We are pleased that you are inspired and appreciative of the historical beauty of our hotel. I will be sure to inform our staff of your encouraging words concerning their service to you during your stay. Hope to have you as our guest again soon!
See you at the Station!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thia is a lovely old hotel with real character and a helpful great front desk, clean quiet room in back overlooking hockey field. great location within walking distance of the Steamtown National Heritage Site

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel and appreciate it's historical nature. I will be sure to let our front desk staff know how pleased you were with their service. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

See you at the Station!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was the only bright spot in an otherwise lousy business trip; the building (especially the common area) is gorgeous, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and helpful (everyone - from the van driver who fetched me from the airport, to the driver who graciously offered me a ride to my meeting on a rainy morning, to the front desk guy, to the room service guy, to the housekeeper I hit up for change - was so warm and friendly; what a huge difference it makes to deal with people who seem truly happy be there and to help you), and the food I got from room service which I (snottily enough) had zero expectations for was AMAZING (the blackened scallops and shrimp with risotto and the side of roasted Brussels sprouts were insanely delicious; it's a little pathetic how happy that food made me after a long day of traveling that had been fraught with flight delays and grumpiness. I basically licked the plate when I was done. I've never had a vegetable prepared so perfectly; the entire meal is one of the best I've had anywhere, ever. I would leave my husband for that chef.). The room itself was spacious, spotless and pretty much what you get at hotels that are pricier than this (this place is a bargain). I travel a lot for both business and pleasure, and to be honest I wasn't a whole lot of psyched to go to Scranton, but my stay here left me feeling pretty damn jolly about this swell little city. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

JaneDeau,

Wow! You sound as excited about your stay as I am to be writing you this thank you note! I am THRILLED you had such an overwhelmingly pleasant experience staying with us at the historic Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. Our staff takes pride in the services they offer and I am anxious to share your review with them. Oh, I am sorry to say, but I think our chef is already taken, but I'm sure he will be flattered by your compliments...lol! If lousy business obligations brings you back to Scranton in the near future then we look forward to lifting your spirits once again!

Until then, best regards,