“DO NOT STAY”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Telford
“DO NOT STAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My bill was not correct.And had to be corrected.
We had three rooms, one of wich was switched three times for being unsatisfactory. (almost double booked). The idea that we were all charged the same exact price yet our rooms were three completely different sizes, is ridiculous.
The carpet in our room was disgustingly dirty.
The phone and remote for the TV were both greasy for some reason. GROSS!
The tub would not hold water in one of the rooms it kept draining while trying t take a bath.
OVERALL I would NEVER recommend and would NERVER stay again, terrible deal for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The train station conversion makes this hotel unique and special. While the Hilton across the street is newer it doesn't have the same charm. The food here is very good and the people very friendly. The rooms are sometimes odd shaped/varied in size, not overly impressive and the furniture in mine was worn a bit. But I still love the lobby/restaurant area and the ambiance - it's a great place to have a drink. Just beautiful. I always come here when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words about your experience at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. We are pleased that you are inspired and appreciative of the historical beauty of our hotel. I will be sure to inform our staff of your encouraging words concerning their service to you during your stay. Hope to have you as our guest again soon!
See you at the Station!
-Sarah Eynon
new hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thia is a lovely old hotel with real character and a helpful great front desk, clean quiet room in back overlooking hockey field. great location within walking distance of the Steamtown National Heritage Site

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel and appreciate it's historical nature. I will be sure to let our front desk staff know how pleased you were with their service. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

See you at the Station!
-Sarah Eynon
Litchfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was the only bright spot in an otherwise lousy business trip; the building (especially the common area) is gorgeous, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and helpful (everyone - from the van driver who fetched me from the airport, to the driver who graciously offered me a ride to my meeting on a rainy morning, to the front desk guy, to the room service guy, to the housekeeper I hit up for change - was so warm and friendly; what a huge difference it makes to deal with people who seem truly happy be there and to help you), and the food I got from room service which I (snottily enough) had zero expectations for was AMAZING (the blackened scallops and shrimp with risotto and the side of roasted Brussels sprouts were insanely delicious; it's a little pathetic how happy that food made me after a long day of traveling that had been fraught with flight delays and grumpiness. I basically licked the plate when I was done. I've never had a vegetable prepared so perfectly; the entire meal is one of the best I've had anywhere, ever. I would leave my husband for that chef.). The room itself was spacious, spotless and pretty much what you get at hotels that are pricier than this (this place is a bargain). I travel a lot for both business and pleasure, and to be honest I wasn't a whole lot of psyched to go to Scranton, but my stay here left me feeling pretty damn jolly about this swell little city. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
JaneDeau,

Wow! You sound as excited about your stay as I am to be writing you this thank you note! I am THRILLED you had such an overwhelmingly pleasant experience staying with us at the historic Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. Our staff takes pride in the services they offer and I am anxious to share your review with them. Oh, I am sorry to say, but I think our chef is already taken, but I'm sure he will be flattered by your compliments...lol! If lousy business obligations brings you back to Scranton in the near future then we look forward to lifting your spirits once again!

Until then, best regards,
Sarah Eynon
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked three nights at the historic Station Hotel, located in downtown Scranton. The grand architecture and interior decorations have been restored to their original elegance (get a load of the pictorial tiles in the dining/lobby area. Beautiful scenes along the route of the old railroad line. Great deal, great stay. Perfectly located and easy walk around Court House Square and other historically significant areas of the city (including a block away from Northern Light Cafe, a great cup of coffee there!). The staff is wonderful, food very good (coffee bar, pub, restaurant). The only things we wish: easy chair in our room and rail service to New York, Philadelphia, etc. How perfect would that be, for the history, for travel, for Scranton!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
francescaripperts,

THank you for choosing the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel and we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are honored to be the caretakers of this historical gem and are glad you had the opportunity to view the tiles in the lobby. They tell a wonderful story!
We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a most unpleasant stay and would strongly discourage anyone from staying here. We booked in on the Sunday prior to the Columbus Day holiday. In the evening there was a VERY, VERY LOUD band, accompanied by a screeching singer, playing in the lobby dining room playing for a wedding. Keep in mind that the rooms are all built above this cavernous lobby in which sound travels directly up to the rooms unobstructed by ceilings, walls, or any other impediment. The noise level in our room was so loud that one could not read, nor hear the television. Sleep was out of the question. When we call the front desk and asked if they could get the music lowered the response was "no way I can do that and it will be over by 10pm." It was not, the band played well past 10:00 PM. By 10pm I had a bad headache to say the least. Then, we were awakened at 6:30 the next morning by a wake-up call we did not request. When we again called the front desk the response was "I didn't call you" and there was no apology. When I asked to speak to the Manager, I was told that there was none on duty, until 8;00AM. This hotel lacks any sense of hospitality industry professionalism and customer service. DO NOT STAY HERE. Oh, and there was no toilet paper in the room when we arrived!

Room Tip: Don't choose this place.
1 Thank purvis20
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post this review. We are sorry to hear you were not able to get any sleep while you were and that you received a wake up call when you didn't request one. We understand sleep is a very important aspect of your travels and we apologize this did not happen during your stay. We would like to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact us at Customer Care. Our email is CCare@carlsonrezidor.com ~Dana

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

northfield, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Traveled to Scranton on business - after a horrible flight arrived at the Radisson and was shocked to see this architectual masterpiece. An impressive building from the outside and more beautiful on the inside. My room wasn't ready so the desk immediately had another room available within minutes. The room was huge, with a "Sleep number" bed. Room service was expedient and the food was well prepared. I'm certain to return on personal time to be able to explore the hotel and surrounding historial sites. Beautiful venue, gracious staff- Well worth the visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear that your arrival to our hotel lifted your spirits after such a horrible flight! We are proud to be the caretakers of such a remarkable building, but more importantly, are proud to hear of guest experiences like yours. I am thrilled you were pleased with not only the service that was provided to you but also the quality of your room and meal. We do hope you will visit us again soon when you have some leisure time to explore...there's much to see!

See you at the Station,