“We thought it would be interesting to stay in a historic building...but”

Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We thought it would be interesting to stay in a historic building...but”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a most unpleasant stay and would strongly discourage anyone from staying here. We booked in on the Sunday prior to the Columbus Day holiday. In the evening there was a VERY, VERY LOUD band, accompanied by a screeching singer, playing in the lobby dining room playing for a wedding. Keep in mind that the rooms are all built above this cavernous lobby in which sound travels directly up to the rooms unobstructed by ceilings, walls, or any other impediment. The noise level in our room was so loud that one could not read, nor hear the television. Sleep was out of the question. When we call the front desk and asked if they could get the music lowered the response was "no way I can do that and it will be over by 10pm." It was not, the band played well past 10:00 PM. By 10pm I had a bad headache to say the least. Then, we were awakened at 6:30 the next morning by a wake-up call we did not request. When we again called the front desk the response was "I didn't call you" and there was no apology. When I asked to speak to the Manager, I was told that there was none on duty, until 8;00AM. This hotel lacks any sense of hospitality industry professionalism and customer service. DO NOT STAY HERE. Oh, and there was no toilet paper in the room when we arrived!

Room Tip: Don't choose this place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank purvis20
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post this review. We are sorry to hear you were not able to get any sleep while you were and that you received a wake up call when you didn't request one. We understand sleep is a very important aspect of your travels and we apologize this did not happen during your stay. We would like to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact us at Customer Care. Our email is CCare@carlsonrezidor.com ~Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
northfield, ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Traveled to Scranton on business - after a horrible flight arrived at the Radisson and was shocked to see this architectual masterpiece. An impressive building from the outside and more beautiful on the inside. My room wasn't ready so the desk immediately had another room available within minutes. The room was huge, with a "Sleep number" bed. Room service was expedient and the food was well prepared. I'm certain to return on personal time to be able to explore the hotel and surrounding historial sites. Beautiful venue, gracious staff- Well worth the visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are so happy to hear that your arrival to our hotel lifted your spirits after such a horrible flight! We are proud to be the caretakers of such a remarkable building, but more importantly, are proud to hear of guest experiences like yours. I am thrilled you were pleased with not only the service that was provided to you but also the quality of your room and meal. We do hope you will visit us again soon when you have some leisure time to explore...there's much to see!

Sarah Eynon
East Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This Hotel is beautiful and well kept. The lobby makes you feel that you stepped back in time about 100 years ago. Overall everything was clean and smelled fresh. The room was clean and the bedding smelled fresh. the room was a little stuffy but the ac resolved that issue very quickly. I stayed on a Thursday night and there was no issue with noise I did not eat at the hotel but the dining areas were very pleasant and comfortable looking. there is no complimentary breakfast but the room service menu was reasonable. I would stay here again. also the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was very quiet in the room and hallways.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I think we all like the feeling of being able to "time travel" a little bit! Thank you so very much for your kind words and thorough review of your stay at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. We hold ourselves to a very high standard when it comes to cleanliness and service and are pleased to hear that your experience was as it should be. Hopefully on your next stay in Scranton you will have an opportunity to dine in one of our restaurants, I know you will enjoy it!

Until next time....

Sarah Eynon
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I love the radisson...it's beautiful and the heart of scrantons downtown. I highly recommend doing it once and then take it from there. It's a gorgeous view and a beautiful old landmark that means a lot to me!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Staceytoy
Dear Staceytoy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel during your visit to Scranton, PA. So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your view and am thankful for your kind words and recommendation.
I do hope you will stay with us again soon!

See you at the Station....
-Sarah Eynon
Sharpsburg, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here for just one night. Front desk was efficient but not all that friendly. The rooms are nice but a tadbit on the small size, more of a European feel to them. Bathroom was nice sized and they have SUPER beds - Sleep Number! We didn't eat there but they have a nice coffee shop serving Starbucks. Transportation to the airport is about 15 minutes and their free shuttle runs every half hour. Nice drivers!

Overall, it is your typical convention-type hotel set in a beautiful old building.

The walls of the hallways need a good touch-up as well as some of the trim in other places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tgsandy
Sarah E, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear tgsandy,

We are very pleased you chose to stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel on your unexpected visit to Scranton. We have an array of room styles, some being larger than others, given the historical nature of the building and I hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you our way. I'm glad you enjoyed our new Station Cafe and the Sleep Number beds. I'd like you to thank you for your note about the paint in the hallways and trim, our engineering staff has already started repainting and refreshing those areas of the hotel!
We hope to have you with us again in the future.

Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson on 8/11/12 as the Hilton where I usually stay was booked. Hotel is a historic landmark and a neat place to stay. Huge room with tons of space and a great view. I am not a big fan of the Sleep number beds whatsoever. (Only reason I am not giving an excellent rating). From check in to check out, the staff was excellent. Have to say that Cory at the front desk was one of the nicest individuals I have dealt with at a hotel. Customer service like this is why I will be back to the Radisson! Great food as well and the Bar seemed to be a happening place!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear G H,

Thank you for staying with us on your visit from Blairstown, NJ. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to let Corey know how much you appreciated his service, and also our chef of Carmen's 2.0 Restaurant. I'm hoping on your next visit to Scranton you will stay with us again and be able to enjoy one of our NEW pillow top beds.

Philadelphia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked through Expedia two rooms with 2 queen size sleep number beds. When we arrived we were given two rooms, one with 1 double bed, and one with 1 queen bed. Neither of the rooms had sleep number beds. The bathrooms were very small. The bureau in one room had a broken handle. The other room had a condom wrapper under the bed as well as the TV remote. On the nightstand was a used match and the corner of the condom wrapper. One pillow was black smeared with cigarette ashes. When we complained about the rooms, we were told the hotel was fully booked and these were the only rooms available. They would not return our money since we had prepaid. I spoke to manager and pointed out that we had paid for higher priced rooms and he did agree to throw in breakfast for us for the one morning.

Although the building in historic and the lobby spectacular, it led us to expect a first rate hotel. Instead, we were extremely disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mpollifax
Dear Mpollifax,

I am VERY disheartened to hear of your experience during your stay with us. I assure you that the condition of your room upon arrival IS NOT acceptable and our housekeeping staff was spoken to accordingly, as well as our front desk management in ensuring a room has been fully cleaned and inspected before checking in a new guest. My apologies to you and your party for not performing according to our standards in addition to your expectations. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and have an opportunity to truly experience the comfort, cleanliness and service the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel has to offer.

Best regards,
Sarah

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!