“Ok food, a little pricy, so so service”
Review of Casa Bella

Casa Bella
Ranked #4 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The restaurant has mirrors on the wall, no windows, seemed a little odd from the beginning. The food was decent, a little pricey thou. Everything on the menu ranges from $15 and up. When we first arrived, there were servers everywhere to help you in anyway. But by the time our dinners arrived, it seemed like everyone disappeared. We waited awhile before we got drink refills. One thing that we were not happy with was the way the servers would refill drinks, serve your meal, especially the way they offer you parmagainna cheese. Instead of serving to the open side of the table, they would just reach over in front of your face, it made you very uncomfortable. I had the veal saltimbocca in a marsala sauce and my wife had ravioli’s. The food was ok, but I didn’t like how it was served. The mashed potatoes and vegetable medley were placed right in the marsala sauce which ruined their flavor. Overall, if a few changes are corrected, this could be a decent place.

1  Thank RRanella

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were on an overnight stay in Scranton, Pennsylvania and went to Casa Bella based upon the recommendation of the Inn Keeper. Could we really expect to find quality Italian fare in this part of the Keystone State? It was a suprising yes after dining at this charming little restaurant. You will get good, attentive and friendly service here to go along with the above average cuisine.
My wife started with New England Clam chowder, the special soup of the evening. This version was less heavy and not as creamy as most renditions and she really enjoyed it. I started with the Ceasar Salad, which was nothing special. For main courses, my wife had the grilled salmon with a dijon mustard sauce and a slight touch of cream. The fish, which I also tasted, was nicely grilled and flavorful. Not wanting veal, the kitchen accommodated my request for Chicken Zingarella, sauteed with roasted peppers, hot cherry peppers and mushrooms in a light tomato sauce. This was a first rate dish with tender chicken and a terrific, light sauce that didn't over power but had plenty of flavor. We finished up with a moist lemon cello cake, not made on premises, but well worth a return trip for. Based upon an initial visit, this is a very decent Italian restaurant, that would find sucess in just about any city. If you find yourself passing through or staying in Scranton, it's definitely worth a visit.

4  Thank Bulls76
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We've eaten here a five times & every dish (Italian, fish, seafood) has been delicious. Friendly environment! Prices are reasonable & the staff is friendly & accommodating! Fills up quick on weekends. A+

1  Thank Mugsy1976
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Top notch italian .Loved it,service was fantastic,food even better.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is a very nice place for dinner. My family and I have visited many times and have never been disappointed with the meal or the service. Its a good idea to make a reservation, as this place draws a crowd all the time.

1  Thank MelindaDunmore

Been to Casa Bella? Share your experiences!