“Not impressed”

Ranked #86 of 309 Restaurants in Scranton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Cute place, ver small so reservations are required, so it does make for a cozy atmosphere. We went there thinking we'd save money given its BYOB, however I was wrong. My husband got 2 sodas, clams, a cup of lobster bisque (which he said was excellent), and a seafood special they featured that night. I got an antipasti salad, which was ok but I've had much better elsewhere, and penne with vodka sauce. Well, our pasta came out WAY undercooked so we sent them back. They recooked but I was still very under impressed with my sauce so I didn't eat it. I wasn't charged for my meal and our bill was still $50. A cup of the soup was $8!!!! My husband wasn't over happy with his meal, although it sounded good. Our waitress was nice but went missing the last 10-15 min our of time there, we ended getting up to go the counter bc we were tired of waiting and she suddenly appeared. Not very prompt with refills so that was kind of annoying. I waitresses for many years through high school and college so I know how it can be difficult at times and its not always the wait staffs fault, but she could have been a little more attentive. Especially bc we did have several small inconveniences during our night. Bottom line, cute place "ok" food, not worth the money or wait.

1  Thank ashley r

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great place, with a cozy atmosphere. Tiny little place, but with amazing food. As soon as you walk in the aroma just envelopes you with goodness and you can't wait to eat! They let my boys split the shrimp scampi which was full of garlicky yum and we still had some left over. And amazingly enough, they let me 1/2 an order due to me having gastric bypass surgery. I had the eggplant parm and it was FANTASTIC!! Very attentive service, very good food, very reasonable prices.

My boys and I will definitely go back again!!

The ONLY negative things were that the music was crazy loud, and it is very small and it fills up fast.

1  Thank TJones15
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First generation Italian immigrants would open up little "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants where locals would eat some of the best cooking available. Unfortunately, the rewards for running these types of kitchens tend toward the intangible than monetary and most next generation members moved on to other things. In Scranton, add a desolate economy and almost none of these gems still exist. However, Natale's defies these realities. The money-saving BYOB offers a delicious blend of old Italian favorites along with creative variations with familiar ingredients. While the food stars, the atmosphere offers warmth and attentive family service. Reasonable prices and a lack of crowd make this both a go-to frequent neighborhood place as well as one to price out-of-town visitors to - it is definitely one they won't find on their own. In short, eat like an insider and eat very, very well at Natale's.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food and atmosphere of Natale's takes you back to when your grandmother sat you down and treated you to a homemade meal. Ok, my grandma didn't cook for me and serve me with the attention the staff at Natale's does, but I wish she had! Food is great, lots to choose from, lots of leftovers, very relaxed atmosphere. Next time you are undecided where to dine, bring a bottle of wine and try Natale's. You won't regret it!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Tucked away on a side street, Natale's has very good homemade food. It is also a BYOB which is nice. Everything is homemade and good quality.