“Great food at a reasonable price”

Matarazzo's Pizza and Subs
Ranked #163 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Pizza and sub shop, featuring round, square and specialty pizzas; made with homemade dough and sauces. Also, wings, Gyros, calzones, strombolis, foot-long hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, wraps and appetizers.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have had multiple take-out orders, the food is very reasonably priced and the menu is quite extensive. About the only complaint is that they get BUSY. I guess that is a good thing, but when it is Friday night and I am starving, they take their phone off the hook....or at least it seems. Also, have had wait times of well over an hour...for take-out! You guys are leaving business outside the door because of capacity issues!

I think this might be an example of a business that started in too small of a location. The interior is nice, but I've never seen anyone eating there. Pull out those tables and put in a couple more ovens!

My employer also uses this place for catered/business lunches (which is how I found them), and I've only heard good things on that front as well.

There are newer reviews for Matarazzo's Pizza and Subs

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My food was cold and disgusting. I ordered a pizza with extra cheese around. 12:39 I didn't get my food until almost 2 o'clock. When it arrived the delivery guy coaxed me into a tip. I told him about the timing asked him if the pie was cold handed him a 20 and slammed the door. After I had tipped him and tasted the cold pizza it was the worse I've ever had. Worse than cafeteria food. Will Never order from here again!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

After reading the reviews,I was really excited to order from this place. We ordered pierogi pizza. Fried pickles since I never tried them and the blue Jack sticks. The fried pickles were soggy not fried. And the blue Jack sticks were as well not fried right and soggy with cheese in middle still hard. The best part about the meal was the pierogi pizza. the price in the end was high for what we got

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The hot dogs are awesome! My husband raves about them. We've ordered the pizza twice and the first time it was great... The second time the crust was not thoroughly done and I ordered fried pickles and got green beans instead. The staff is very nice and helpful

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had ordered their Pirogi Pizza and it was very gooey but amazing!! Loved it both times I got it, fast delivery!!