“A blast from the past!”
Review of Chick's Diner

Chick's Diner
Ranked #79 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's probably been more then 40 years since my previous visit to Chick's DIner (moving out of town did that). My wife and I walked in late Friday night for a late meal. The décor is simple, 1930's ish diner - exactly what it ought to be. It's inexpensive, the menu simple, the food decent.

I had a simple omelet, and it was prepared exactly as requested. My wife's burger was decent. Nothing was fancy, or even remotely gourmet. But hey - the place - as a diner should be, was open when we needed it to be, it was inexpensive, fairly quick, and also a quick visit to memory lane. Contrary to some reports I've read, what we saw was clean.

And if I were to be back in Scranton and hungry late at night, I'd go back. The only real issue; they stop serving soup at some point in the evening; and I would have loved to have had soup that night.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Typical diner food and atmospher. Staff was very friendly. Good location for on and off the highway.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always enjoy stopping at Chick's when I'm in Scranton. Friendly staff, good food and coffee.
Very convenient on my way home to the Pocono's.

1  Thank cdaniels
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming here for 20 years. My best friend lives in Scranton... And I think this place has been around since she was born. The food is always piping hot and delicious. I've had the best pancakes here..... And the best Patty Melt.

The servers are friendly. The coffee is terrific. They could get a rag and clean the place a little, but hey, I'm okay with the diner/greasy spoon look.

If you're in the area, stop by... You can order, eat, have dessert and bd back on the road in 25 minutes:)

1  Thank Charlie T
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's the typical greasy spoon, No credits here, cash only. Old...greasy, perfect compliments to a night out, or breakfast. Don't come here expecting perfection, expect diner. The staff is great and servers are always really nice.

1  Thank TJones15