“MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE”

Coney Island of Scranton
Ranked #40 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's just a little place but the Texas Weiners are so good. The chili was great and it's on a different kind of bun. Really good. I love hot dogs and had been wanting to try it for a couple of weeks because it is across from my hotel. I'm glad I finally got time to go!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Friendly people and great price for good eats. The coney islands were good. Food came out fast. Great place for a snack.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nothing fancy here. Simple menu (hot dogs, burgers, grilled cheese, fish fry...I think that is it). I come for the dogs and fries. Both are very good. I haven't tried the other stuff.

Clean, comfortable, a few steps off Scanaton's main drag (Lackawanna Ave.) near the touristy spots of Scranton, and short walks from either the University and downtown shopping mall. Drive there and it's easy to park near it on Cedar Ave. or a nearby lot.

Seating is counter, table, booth. Booths are nicer with some privacy for a casual place. The place is clean, quietish, and easy to relax just off the downtown streets and attractions. Service is simple and fast...with 'extra' napkins. Fine for families.

The locally sourced hot dogs are great as Texas Wieners...split on a nice 'sandwich' style rolls and garnished with mustard, fried onions, chili. Good if you like this genre. Fries are excellent crispy outside soft inside and usually hot when served. More exotic fries come with gravy, cheese or both... popular I'm sure but a simple touch of ketchup works for me.

Good desserts include local pies, but I usually opt for a third dog if I'm that hungry and root beer is my fav drink.

The stuff is also good as 'to-go' but the dogs are tough to eat if you are moving.

1  Thank StoneyEnd
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This has been a Scranton institution for YEARS, they have been in the same spot since 1923. Great Hot dogs always made to order and HOT, the Texas Hamburgers are great as well and you HAVE to get gravy and fries with you dog...it's a Scranton thing. We do exchange students a couple times a year and we always take them there and they ALWAYS love it.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Coney Island has the best texas weiners in the area. The fries and gravey go real good with the weiners. They have a great rice homemade rice pudding for desert.