“Not worth it.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me, my brother, and friend went, waited 20 minutes for drinks, 40 minutes for breakfast (French toast, bacon egg& cheese, breakfast burrito) and then another 20 minutes for our sides. We were never offered refills on coffee. I asked for sugar free syrup (I'm type one diabetic), not until after I ate my food I was told they didn't have any. The waitresses took smoke breaks, and the bus boy was just walking around aimlessly. Thoroughly disappointed and never going back.

2  Thank JCGrady

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The Glider has been in Scranton forever. My father-in-law told us stories of his mother mother working there when he was a kid.
It was pretty standard greasy spoon stuff. The place is old & in need of some major de-greasing. The tile floor is slick with a coating of grease that feels like it's been developing for decades.
Super cheap, tho. Breakfast for 9 this morning was less than $64 before tip.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was here a few times a few years ago. I loved it. I thought it was diner perfection. The love is gone. I came here with a friend to grab a late dinner.our waitress was too busy clock watching to give us good service. I felt like a bother to her.

I got a dinner salad.... Found a bug in it. Listen, I understand it happens.. No problem. But she didn't offer me another salad...she barely apologized. She gave us our check without offering another coffee or desert. (Anyone ever teach you to upsell girlfriend?) the best part? She was sitting with her friends at the booth behind us instead of taking good care of us.

It amazes me to overhear these servers complaining about not making money.... Take pride in your job and get off your bum.

I don't care how great your roasted turkey is..... And let me tell you.... It's incredible. Alas, I won't be back. Service blows. Sorry for bothering you with my $27 check.

4  Thank Charlie T
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food was large portions, our waitress was friendly, the prices were good, but the building itself needs total redo.. Holes in the ceiling, flies everywhere, the owner came out yelling at our waitress to get our money now he had to do the register and he was very nasty to her, he didn't say please he was arrogant, our waitress said sorry a ton times, but it wasn't her fault.. The owner started yelling at the waitress in the front about same thing, I thought it was rude and disrespectful. If you cannot treat your staff with respect knowing i's the staff that does the work then why should we go there to eat? I respectfully do not go there anymore.

1  Thank Michele S
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ordered the Combo Breakfast... very generous serving, with two eggs, two large slices of ham, and two pancakes. The taste was average. The waitress was prompt and efficient. The price very reasonable. Bathrooms were clean.