My husband and I stayed at the Hilton over Labor Day weekend while visiting Steamtown in Scranton. The hotel had a large spacious lobby and the employees at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. We stayed in Room 636. Our room was spacious and clean with a great view of the old Lackawanna train station, one of the more famous landmarks of Scranton. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning. The buffet had a wide range of items, from freshly made waffles and eggs benedict to cold cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits. The wait staff at breakfast was not very friendly and didn't check to see if we needed any refills on coffee, juice, etc. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and the food was fabulous. I had tuna steak and my husband had meatloaf - both of which were delicious. Our waitress was excellent, very personable, helpful and very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. We had drinks in the lounge both nights we stayed there and although we had table service on one of the nights, we had to go up to the bar the other night to get drinks.
We picked a great time to be in Scranton. The City was having an Italian Festival, a music festival and a Railfest over Labor Day weekend and the city was alive with people. The Hilton was one of the venues for the music festival and you could hear live rock music from the festival in the lobby. I thought it was cool and enjoyed it.
Overall, we had an enjoyable time at the Hilton in Scranton and thought that the price and quality were consistent with its 3-star rating.
Just a note about rates. My husband booked the room on line right from the Hilton website. He got a good rate on the room, but when he checked the rates a few days before we were going to stay there, the rates had dropped, and he was able to save about $100 by changing the reservation to the new rate. So, if you have a reservation at the Hilton, it wouldn't hurt to check it out a few days before you leave to see if you can save a little money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Scranton is an IACC certified conference center located in downtown Scranton Pennsylvania. The Hilton offers 175 guest rooms and suites with on-site dining options in Trolleys Bistro, Casey's Corner, PJ's Pub and the Electric City Cafe which proudly brews Starbuck's coffee. The hotel features a beautiful 50' lap pool, a whirlpool and a 24 hour exercise room. The conference center has 19 total meeting rooms including a 75 seat amphitheater and a grand ballroom accommodating up to 500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Scranton & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Scranton Hotel Scranton
- Hilton Scranton And Conference Center