“Average hotel with unhappy employee”

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 12, 2013

An unhappy female employee worked at the breakfast omelette station. She was complaining how much she hates her job. I was shocked by her inappropriate behavior. We had dinner in the restaurant but not happy with the food quality and taste. The service was so so.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello Tony L.
Thanks so much for reviewing our property. Your comments & honesty are greatly appreciated. We have spoken to our staff about your experience. Here at the Hilton Scranton a smile is part of our uniform and we take any comments about otherwise very seriously. Please stay with us again the next time you’re in the area to prove to you that we can exceed your expectations!
- The Hilton Scranton Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the best Hilton properties I have ever stayed at. Absolutely beautiful inside and out. It is located in a more industrial part of Scranton however, the noise level was to a minimum. It is a walking distance from the Steamtown Mall and other small shops around the area. The few downfalls it had was having to pay extra for parking and having to keep getting your ticket validated after coming back each time. Also, the beds were not as comfortable as usual. Besides those two things it was very nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Gabyybravo,
Thanks so much for reviewing us one of the “Best Hilton Properties.” We recently completed a 2.3 million dollar renovation & just last week gave our fitness center a $45,000 facelift with all new equipment! We love that we are walking distance from the Steamtown Mall & a bunch of locally owned shops & restaurants with lots of character! The parking garage next door is owned by the city & they give our guests a discounted rate, this is also a flat rate with unlimited amount of re-entries. We hope to see you again soon!
- The Hilton Scranton Team

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I attended a convention at this establishment in June of 2013. The place was very well kept and clean. The staff was very helpful. I attended a wedding there a few years ago and forgot how nice it was. The luncheon which I attended had great food, the service could have been a tad faster, but overall it was great!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Shamrock6373
First let me thank you for your review! We recently completed a 2.3 million dollar renovation to our entire hotel including our Convention Level that is over 26,000 square feet. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Executive Chef & kitchen staff, they take pride in every meal they serve whether it be in one of our three restaurants on site or a banquet or conference on our Convention Level. Please don’t let years pass by before you come to visit us again!
See you soon,
The Hilton Staff

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Hilton property was a great stay. I used points to stay here but I feel that on a holiday weekend the required point level (30,000 per night) was steep. But the quality of the hotel and everything else was great. I passed on breakfast but some of my family took advantage of it and they said it was good. Its complimentary for Gold members, which my wife is, but I am only Silver and missed out on the free stuff. You will need to pay for parking though. :(

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Timothy M.
Thanks for your feedback and thank you for being a part of our complimentary rewards program! Being a Hilton Honors Member is a great way to get perks by being loyal to our brand. Also when you’re a Gold Hhonors Member you get breakfast for yourself & a guest so tell your wife to invite you. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy your stay as a Hhonors Reward. You'll be a Gold Member in no time at all, hey maybe even a Diamond Member! We look forward to your next stay in Scranton!
- The Hilton Team

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here during my best friend's wedding. Her reception was at the Hilton. They were friendly and accommodating. They kept a meat platter refrigerated behind the desk for us (that we'd gotten to feed the bride and bridesmaids while they were getting ready). This went above and beyond; and then when we had a reservation mix-up for our group, and would have been charged for an extra room that had gone empty, the front desk manager was patient in looking into the matter, and kind enough to take the charge off the credit card. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Adam F.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We at the Hilton love & take pride in our weddings and taking care of our wedding guests. Our staff will take the extra minute without hesitation to make your stay perfect. Can’t wait to see you again when you come back to Scranton!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

A quick stay at the downtown Hilton arriving around 10pm so I was unable to enjoy the whole hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised that their large pool/hot tub area stayed open until 11pm (most hotels seem to shut them down by 10pm).
The room was VERY large and nicely appointed. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. A/C worked very well (I turn it down to 66 at night).
Not expecting to stay in town another night, I had thrown away my razor that morning so I went down to request a complementary one from the from desk. In addition to the razor, the clerk also didn't change me for my small snack I has selected from the adjacent store. He was extremely friendly and helpful.
The only thing that I had failed to notice when booking my reservation was the $9.95 self service parking few for parking in the adjacent parking garage (fee added to you room bill and the ticket validated at the front desk).
Overall a very nice and short stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2013
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear InkedCelticCross,
Thank you for choosing The Hilton Scranton for your short visit to the area. Our 50ft lap pool is a wonderful part of our hotel along with the whirlpool that can accommodate up to 12 people and we’re glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it! Thank you for noticing our sleeping rooms, in fact they just had a recent “face lift” along with the rest of our property including our 26,000 square foot conference level. The parking garage next to our hotel is owned by the city, but we do offer a discounted rate of $9.95 per night, with unlimited amount of re-entries during your stay.
We hope you visit us again next time you pass through the area!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. The welcome staff on the evening shift was wonderful, helpful, and caring. The accommodations were wonderful. We had two separate rooms and they offered to join the two rooms. They also extended the pool time so our children could swim since we arrived late. I would rate this as one of the best experiences at a hotel we have had in the last 5 years of travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert Z

Hello Robert Z.
Thank you so much for your great review! Our staff takes pride in the way we take care of our guests. We anticipate your needs & accommodate to make all of our guests happy. We love to see smiles on faces when we do “the little things.” I will definitely pass this information along to our evening staff! Thanks again for staying with us & we look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Residence Inn Scranton
Residence Inn Scranton
#6 of 10 in Scranton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!