“GREAT STAFF and ACCOMMODATIONS”

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. The welcome staff on the evening shift was wonderful, helpful, and caring. The accommodations were wonderful. We had two separate rooms and they offered to join the two rooms. They also extended the pool time so our children could swim since we arrived late. I would rate this as one of the best experiences at a hotel we have had in the last 5 years of travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert Z
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello Robert Z.
Thank you so much for your great review! Our staff takes pride in the way we take care of our guests. We anticipate your needs & accommodate to make all of our guests happy. We love to see smiles on faces when we do “the little things.” I will definitely pass this information along to our evening staff! Thanks again for staying with us & we look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been staying at the Scranton Hilton for several years. The rooms are clean, the beds are clean, the overall Hotel is very nice and the employees treat me great. I love the breakfast. I like the location being right downtown. Everything is within walking distance. Overall my stays here are very pleasant. I plan to stay at the Hilton on my next visit to Scranton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Flyklr
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hi Flyklr, Thanks for being a loyal guest at the Hilton Scranton! As our staff gets to know our frequent guests they become part of our family. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in the cleanliness of our guest rooms & beds. I hope you are a Hhonors member! It’s a complimentary rewards system the Hilton Brand offers and with your frequent stays you can become a Gold or Diamond member in no time at all; that means you can receive our wonderful breakfast buffet as a complimentary “my way” reward! We can’t wait for your next visit!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pillows are amazing. Rooms very comfortable. Check in and out staff very accomodating. Pool area very clean. Would have preferred to be closer to more of our family as we all booked together. Close to all downtown happenings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you Christine for your great review! We are happy you enjoyed all of our amenities & our central downtown location. I’m sorry we couldn’t have you closer to the rest of your family; we try very hard to keep all of our groups together. Please look us up the next time you visit Scranton.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and paid the extra amount for a King Bed and the Romantic Getaway package and was very disappointed.

From the moment we checked in to when we left things went from bad to worse on what was supposed to be the first stop celebrating our three-year anniversary. When we first arrived we spoke to the people at the front desk, and on check-in he handed us breakfast vouchers. I then informed him that according to the offer for the romantic package we were supposed to get room service breakfast. I then asked him when we should put our order in for the room service and he said that they don’t do that. He then also revealed that they never sell these offers, which reflected why NOBODY knew what it really entailed but they were willing to help us out and make the “exception” and let us order room service. At this point I was already disappointed because the things we were supposed to receive for purchasing this offer were more like a favor instead of something we were supposed to have.

When we entered the room, the first thing I saw was two double beds!!! Why anyone would book a romantic getaway package and have two double beds was beyond me and when I called down to the manager he said the reservation showed I had requested double beds (not true). This made me very upset because I had specifically booked a king bed and paid the higher price for the king bed room. Anyway, the person at the front desk agreed to give us a new room and brought us a new key but that was it. We had to move all our stuff, and the sparkling wine and chocolate strawberries ourselves and then return the key for our first room to the front desk.

The rest of our stay was a mess. The ice bucket was dirty, and the sparkling wine was Andre, which caught me by surprise because considering the additional money for the romantic package (I would have expected a $20 bottle rather than a $7 bottle given the price). On top of that, the following morning when I called for room service, I met the same obstacle with the woman who said that we only get breakfast vouchers but after explaining the package to her she let us have room service. All in all it was not worth the extra amount of money especially since it would have been cheaper for us to just order breakfast and bring our own wine than to pay for the package because the experience was not special in any way.

After all of this, I was even more disappointed because I thought for the first time I would actually reply to the email asking for feedback that was sent by the Director of Events and Training thanking us for our stay and asking for feedback. We also gave feedback when checking out and I also sent the feedback to the Hilton Customer Care contact email and I am yet to hear anything back from them or the hotel itself. I have always enjoyed staying at Hilton Hotels and the reviews on this hotel were great so it was sad that our experience was not.

Room Tip: There is no parking so you have to pay for parking in the garage next door.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian A, Director of Sales at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Traveling Couple,
I appreciate your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. The Romance Package is a package designed especially for anniversaries and special occasions. I would like to invite you to be our guest in an upgraded Jacuzzi Suite so you can experience world class accommodations and exceptional guest service. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations...all of us at the Hilton in Scranton are looking forward to serving you.

Regards,
John

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The main reason for choosing the Hilton was the location in relation to my job. While I didn't use the pool, workout room, bar or restaurant they all looked as clean and well kept as the room. It was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Benjamin C,
We’re happy to have to stay with us. Next time you’re here start your day right with a delicious breakfast at Trolley’s Bistro or enjoy an after work beverage in P.J.’s Pub. And of course let us know how everything is!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overall, a good place to stay while in Scranton. The room is modern and clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly but stays out of your business, which I like. They have a nice place to have breakfast and a Starbucks in the lobby to grab coffee or a quick snack. They also stamp your ticket so you don't have to pay for parking when we stayed there which was nice. My only complaint was the hallway to my room smelled a little musty. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Allyson,
Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Scranton! We recently completed a 2.3 million dollar renovation to our guestrooms so thank you for noticing, and the convenience of having your parking charged directly to your room bill is priceless. Our housekeeping staff has made it a point to visit every floor and make sure they smell as fresh and clean as our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The staff is friendly, considerate and caring. The breakfast is unbelievable. Well worth the price. Parking is easy, shopping is within walking distance and so are two of the best "Texas Wiener" luncheonettes. Steamtown, the Iron Works, museums, and more to enjoy. Venture to Old Forge off I-81 for the best pizza, there's a place on every corner to make a selection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear funcouple34,
We love that you “love staying at the Hilton in Scranton, Pa!” Breakfast in Trolley’s, our restaurant located in our lobby, has not only an Ultimate Breakfast Buffet but an A la Carte menu with excellent healthy choices. There are so many little gems that Scranton has to offer and we are glad you got to visit them and with our convenient location it’s easy to! Thanks for your review of the Hilton Scranton and Conference Center. We look forward your next stay with us.