“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great business and family hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and expedient at checkin. They upgraded the room an adjusted my rate (down) because I had I wait about 2 minutes to check in. The pool is clean and the kids had a blast. Good bar and restaurant. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2013
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear lyndieback,
Thanks for your review of the Hilton Scranton and Conference Center. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to hosting you in the future.
Brian Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Farmington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel as I was passing through Scranton. The best part of the hotel were the staff. As I walked in, I was greeted by the guy at the front desk (Luke) with a bright, welcoming smile--which as a tired traveller I was quite happy to see. It wasn't just Luke though. Every staff member that I interacted with, whether it was Rebecca in the restaurant or the bell man (an elderly gentleman whose name I regretfully cannot remember), was exceptional. The rooms were spacious, the beds comfortable and a small fridge a bonus to cool down the complimentary two bottles of water in the room.
I had two meals and two breakfasts in the restaurant and I have no complaints either about the service or the food. Their petit mignon with mashed yulkon gold potatoes was truly great as was their pork medallions. At the breakfast (we were on a B&B plan), the chef will make an omelet for you. Poor guy was not being tipped by the customers and when I tipped him he made his gratitude obvious. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, should I be in Scranton again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AvidTraveller2011
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for your review. I agree Luke and Rebecca do a great job! I am glad you enjoyed your room and meals while in Scranton. I look forward to you being a guest of ours in the future.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel is great. Nice place to stay in down town Scranton. Very clean. Updated rooms, helpful and friendly staff. The food is terrible. Ate at the restaurant, bad slow service. In room dinning was slow and the food was soaked in oil and grease. Great place to sleep and swim, but eat somewhere else at all times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Musicianontheroad37
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the pool. I am sorry to hear about your meal experience. I would like the chance to speak with you to find out in what areas we fell short. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Fulton, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days for a weekend Ski trip. the hotel has a Contemporary vibe. The rooms are updated. The bed was awesome. The room was spacious. There is a small fridge in the room which is a nice bonus. The room doors can be fairly loud when they close. So if the room next to you makes frequent exits you will hear it. In addition, with the door closing the walls vibrate. This can be a little disturbing. There is a bar and resturant downstairs. Also, there is coffee bar that serves Starbucks and a little market with a microwave. They have about 4 computers in the lobby (including 2 Macs). the staff was friendly and housekeeping was prompt with cleaning the rooms. It is located in downtown Scraton a few blocks from a mall and movies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear innthewind2010,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our re-invented hotel. We have been receiving many postive comments. I am sorry to hear about the doors being so loud. I am presently working with my engineering team to see if we can slow the speed of our door closers. This should reduce the noise in the future. I look forward to hosting you in the future when you return to Scranton.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with very nice updated rooms. The room I booked and verified was not available to me when I arrived because the previous guest decided to stay another night. I know I probably sound like a spoiled brat but I'm a Diamond member and my experience over the years is that when you unexpectedly decide to stay another night and your room is booked by someone else, you are moved to another room. I understand that's inconvenient but they changed plans, not me. The attitude was basically "oh well" they stayed another night so we moved you - no apologies. Other than that, no complaints

• Stayed December 2012
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Cottonhead,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, we deeply appologize your room type was not available. We do our very best to try and keep every guest comfortable and happy. I will speak to my Front Desk staff regarding this issue to be sure it will not happen again.
We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Brian Anderson,
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are currently staying at the Hilton in Scranton PA. My hubby is on bussiness and as per usual I am laying low in at the hotel. The staff and chef hear are fabulous and the housekeeper is wonderful. We stay away alot and are always thankful when we feel welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Veronica C
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear you experienced friendly and accommodating service here at the Hilton Scranton... we hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Trenton, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Scranton for one night. Hotel is not only pet friendly but most of all, people friendly. Got in the room and there was a big cushion and two bowls for our dog. The staff at breakfast buffet were very attentive to everyone who went through the doors. Their warm hearts towards one customer really moved us and was quite touching. The room was quiet (only a bit of noise from street) and very clean. The bed was comfortable. There is a nice park less than one block away from the hotel (very convenient when you have your pet).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hilton Scranton. We are pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am very proud of the wonderful job my staff does everyday, and how they treat our guests (and their pets). We hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!