“Perfect for the traveler”

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was one of two recommended for me as I went for an interview. I stayed there last year prior to an interview as well and equally enjoyed it. This year, the staff were much more "on the ball" and I had absolutely no problems, including an ahead-of-time transport to my interview site. The pool was a little on the colder side and the whirlpool felt like it was at 110 degrees, which were my only "complaints". The gym area was reasonable and I enjoyed the use of one of the four treadmills.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Eohainle,

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for a second time! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,
Brian Anderson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was a business trip. The hotel was easy to find, right off the highway. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave detailed directions to the parking lot and asked for my preferences for room location. The room was beautiful and brand new. It was very business friendly with convenient outlets. The free wifi was very easy to use. The conference facilities were very nice. We grabbed a late bite one night in the restaurant (soups and salads) and for two of us the bill was only about $25. The food and service were very good. The hotel was in a nice area of Scranton. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Grandma127,

We would like to thank you for sharing this review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you experienced friendly and accommodating service at the hotel, I am very proud of my team; the hotel is presently ranked #5 within the Hilton Hotel system! We could not have achieved this without all the hardwork and dedication of each and every staff member.
Thanks again, I look forward to you staying with us when you return to Scranton.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Annual stop over before another long drive home.

The exterior of the hotel has remained the same and I was expecting the same inside.
On entry, I noticed that mini Starbucks was still there (bonus for coffee in the morning), but new was the internet stations before the bar/restaurant entrance.

Seems the Hilton also upgraded their WiFi as the signal was much stronger.

Checking in was a breeze and got the room keys and head back out to bring in the luggage and mountain of bags from shopping earlier in the day.

The big surprise??? The room I was in on the sixth floor had been updated. New beds, new linens, drapes, TV, desk area and sitting area. Have to admit, this made the room look more modern and comfy compared the stuff in the rooms the last time I was here.
The washroom was very clean and so was the rest of the room.

The new pillows (down feather) were nice to sleep on and the sheets were nice and soft for a good nights sleep.

Forgot to take photos of the room, but hopefully Scranton Hilton can update their website to show the changes.

Check-out was a breeze as well. Picked up the car parked in the garage next to the hotel ($10 fee) and headed home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear qster15,

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms. The Hilton Scranton just had a 3 million dollar "re-invention" of the hotel and we are so glad you got to experience our new guest rooms and restaurants. As for the website, you can go to www.scranton.hilton.com to review updated photos of the "re-invention" and hopefully we will see you back again soon so you can take some pictures of your own! Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones from all of us here at the Hilton Scranton.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night to meet up with friends. The hotel itself looked nice, was very clean, and the rooms were nicely decorated and felt modern. The staff was great too. When we checked in Amanda at the front desk was very nice and helpful with directions and answering our other questions. The bartender in the lounge also was helpful and directed us to a great restaurant when we asked her recommendation for the night. Loved the small starbucks in the lobby too. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Numero10,

We are so glad you chose to stay at the Hilton Scranton while you met with friends; we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and had nothing but great experiences! Amanda is a wonderful asset to our hotel as well as the rest of our staff! We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and rank #5 out of 295 Hiltons in the Americas, which proves that we take hospitality very serious in the Hilton Scranton. We hope to see you back again very soon, Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Service - Check-in was fast and painless. I was not left with any unanswered questions. Front desk employees were very polite and down to earth.

Value - I was looking for somewhere to spend the night for once last stay before Gold status. I checked the Hampton's in the area as well. For around the price of a regular room at an area Hampton, I booked a Deluxe 2 room suite on the 7th floor, drinks at the bar, and parking. THAT is value.

Sleep Quality - As always, beds and pillows were excellent. I sleep extremely well at Hiltons.

Cleanliness - The room was extremely clean. Everything was in order and perfect.

Location - Right in the middle of Scranton. Tons of places to eat nearby.

Room - There was a kitchen, a living room/office, bedroom, and a bathroom. The bedroom and living room each had nice sized LCD TVs. The living room had comfortable chairs and a couch. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the kitchen. There was a spa bath and sit down shower in the bathroom. The color and lighting were very nice and contemporary.

Spa - The pool and spa area was clean. The pool was a good temperature and not too chlorinated.

Breakfast - I regret that I didn't have time for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric D
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Emazinng,
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Hotel Scranton. We completed a $3 million re-invention of the hotel earlier this year. I am glad you were pleased with the results. I am very proud of my team. The hotel is presently ranked #5 within the Hilton Hotel system. The hotel could not have achieved this without all the hardwork and dedication of each and every staff member. I look forward to you staying with us when you return to Scranton.
Thanks Brian Anderson, General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Travelled with family& dog. Room was gorgeously decorated. Top of line bedding, mattress. Super clean! fridge in room. 2 queens. Bathroom spotless, huge breakfast selection, wonderful staff allaround! the perfect hotel stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Butterfly_happy,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good nights sleep while staying with us. During the hotel's re-invention this year we added refrigerator's to all of our guestrooms. This has been a big hit with our guests. We also have pet specific rooms available. Please look us up the next time you are in Scranton.
Brian Anderson - General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff was pleasant and helpful and the room layout was pretty much the same as other hotels. Unfortunately I had a room on the 7th floor (top floor) which happens to be under the roof where the HVAC units or some other motorized system is. This resulted in a constant thumping sound throughout the night. It wasn't loud or all encompassing, just loud enough to be recognizable and annoying. Otherwise, the stay was fine.

Room Tip: may want to consider a different, lower floor for your room