“Typical Hilton”

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A typical Hilton experience. The rooms are up to date and comfortable. Parking could be easier to deal with but a good choice to stay if you have business in Scranton. Breakfast was okay and a little on the expensive side.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your response. We recently completed a $3 million re-invention of the hotel including new beds. The parking garage is operated by the City of Scranton. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to Scranton.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Being a Hilton hotel I expected a lot more! The rooms were nice and the beds were super comfy! But the parking situation is awful!!! It's just not safe. The garage is down from the hote on a one way street. Walking alone to a garage is not extaly safe and theres no security anywhere!!
The breakfast is expensive and not very good!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear SophieSu,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms and that you found the beds to be comfortable.
I apologize if you did not feel safe walking to the parking garage. We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day and a security officer each night at the hotel. We never want our guests to feel uncomfortable with their surroundings and we are happy to escort any of our guests to or from the parking garage.
I appreciate your comments about breakfast and will go over this with our Food & Beverage Director and Restaurant Manager.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Was there for a large festoval. Good meeting facilities, although a couple of the meeting/buffet rooms werenot big enough for our needs and were cramped and hot. Also, we needed 2 additional overflow hotels, as none of the local hotels had enough rooms to accommodate our group. Nocer comfy chairs were set up for Boatd meetings. Lots of food choices with a block of the hotel and the hotel meals were also very good. Staff was accommodating. Must ask for a microwave. Beds and pillows very nice. Rooms extremely quiet. Attractive, well-lit lobbies. Ok bar, but severely understaffed for our group, even though we told them they would need more bartenders. Very easy on-off from I-81,

Room Tip: If you drive, and there is another event going on, don't move your car once it's in the gara...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear mona_sydd_yma,
We were very pleased to have your group's convention headquartered here at the Hilton! I understand that this was one of the largest conventions your group has held so I understand if some of the meeting rooms were a bit crowded.
I was glad to hear you enjoyed the food choices and our comfortable guest rooms.
We hope to host your convention again in the future and I hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel seems nice on the surface, and I was eager to try it out, as our travels to and from New England frequently find us spending a night in Scranton. I once tried to stay here previously but it was sold out. Unfortunately, while it was hot outside, I kept having the tune, "Baby it's cold inside," running through my head while I was there! The front desk people, most notably
ly at checkout, were so unfriendly that it was eery and even creepy. During our stay, we found them to be incredibly unhelpful. For instance, when we called regarding a question about room service, they said they didn't know the answer but would call us right back but never did. Just not typical behavior for a Hilton Hotel. There were never any offers of assistance from staff here, and it was very disappointing, especially when it was obvious at times we could have used some. In addition, I don't understand why they don't warn guests that when you leave their garage, it's a one-way street, and it can be very challenging and confusing to find your way back to the hotel to get your luggage (because, like most guests I'm sure, I went to get my car and then planned to load it up with our luggage back at the hotel; the parking lot is further down the street from the hotel). This is a hotel that could have been really nice but instead left a really bad aftertaste. It is definitely not the pride of the Hilton hotel chain. I would never go back again.

1  Thank MominVirginia

Dear MominVirgina,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you found our front desk team to be unhelpful and unfriendly; I assure you it is not our "norm". I will review this situation with our Front Desk Manager.
Additionally, the parking garage is operated by the City of Scranton and I will bring up with them about providing better signage to indicate the one way street that we are on.
Thank you for your comments and I do hope you will consider staying with us again.
If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had no reservations and were looking for a place for our family to spend the night on a long drive back home. Called them up and got great customer service. they reserved the room for us without a credit card. Best bed we slept in over our weeklong vacation. Incredibly quiet hotel, even with some sort of touring group staying there that night. Parking is a little weird (next door with stamped tickets) and costs $10 a night. At that point of the evening, we just didn't care.

1  Thank youvegot2bkidding
Brian A, General Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you chose the Hilton in Scranton and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds.
The next time you travel through northeast PA I hope you will stay with us again.
Respectfully,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to NYC to enjoy some time taking pictures of Office sightings. The hotel was fantastic and the pool was great! Parking was a little time consuming but the kids enjoyed their stay. The staff tried to tell us that Office stopped filming a couple of years ago though but we knew better.

Dear rphsweet,
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton in Scranton. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and the pool.
As a fan of NBC's "The Office" myself, I'm glad you got some good photos but unfortunately none of the show is actually filmed in Scranton except for a few opening shots that they did come into town for a few years back--that may have been the confusion with our team.
Hope you enjoy the final season and please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I were travelling to Atantic City from Hamilton Ontario so we stopped over here. I booked a room online and received a great rate.
All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is quite lovely. At check in we were told our room wasn't quite ready due to a wedding the night before. We weren't early so it was a bit inconvenient but we were given a voucher for a free appetizer and the bar while we waited.
It was only about a 15 minute wait and during this time Bernard took our luggage up and filled our ice bucket. Bernard is wonderful and found out he is the employee of the year!

The room was what I expected it to be, well decorated and comfortable. 2 bottles of Spring water were waiting for us as well. As always the beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows.

We went to the restaurant in the Hotel and is was fabulous. The food was great as well as the service. We were quite tired from driving most of the day and went to bed early.
The only complaint I have is the size of the bathtub, it is barely big enough for a toddler. I love a bubble bath before bed and it was pretty much impossible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy M
LoriRupp, Manager at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Stamartin,
I apologize that you had to wait a few minutes for your room but I sincerely appreciate your comments about our exceptional staff! I'm glad you enjoyed our restaurant and that you found the room comfortable!
If travelling back through our area I hope you will stay with us again.
Lori Rupp

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!