“Very nice meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a nice Valentine's Day meal this evening. Our appetizers were fantastic-he had tempura lobster and I had the crab cocktail. The crab was huge lumps and the lobster was in large chunks. My husband's entree was a bone-in ribeye and mine was a fantastic veal tenderloin. We both practically licked our plates.

We had the impression that the.restaurant would be very expensive, but I thought the prices were very much in line with the food and service they offer.

The server was just the right amount of attentive. Overall, it was a great experience I look forward to repeating.

1  Thank MelindaDunmore

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My spouse and I had a wonderful meal here after a show at the Scranton Cultural Center. We had been anxious to try this restaurant, so this was the perfect opportunity.

We were greeted by welcoming staff and seated promptly. Our waitress, Karen, was very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We started with the spinach and artichoke dip served with tri-color tortilla chips. It was served warm and was excellent. My spouse had the tuna which was served with mashed potatoes and vegetables included. I had the small filet mignon which was grilled perfectly as ordered and was very tender and flavorful. As another reviewer mentioned, it would be nice if they could include a serving of potato and vegetable. But they don't include that with the steaks, and each side is an additional $2.50, which is annoying considering the price of the steaks. A salad is not included either. So when my steak was served, it came out on a large white plate with just the small filet in the center of the plate - nothing else on the plate which made it seem quite bare. Even a sprig of parsley would have dressed it up a little. But it was excellent. We shared a dessert of creme brulee which also was excellent.

We enjoyed our meal very much and were not hurried in any way, even as the restaurant became quite full. The steaks are pricey, but the other entrees - seafood, chicken, pasta - are really quite reasonable. If they could include a serving of potato and vegetable with the steaks, and maybe a small salad, it would take away some of the sting of the price.

We will definitely return and maybe try it for lunch.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant is a fairly "new" restaurant in Scranton, so we decided to give it a try and we were not impressed at all. The food was mediocre; the waitress was rude; the prices were high for the quality of food.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a very good meal here - wouldn't say it was outstanding, considering the price, but everyone in my group was satisfied and the choices were plentiful. My Tuna was fresh and prepared properly and overall it was a nice meal. The restaurant has kind of an old fashioned city ambiance which I like

Reviewed November 5, 2012

First let me say the steak was great! The service was adequate. Our waiter was a little snuttie , but got better as time went on. My wife and I ordered the T-bone for two - while it was cooked perfectly ,what I didn't like was that with my 76.00 dollar steak, we didn't get any sides except a little dish of mashed potatoes! They charge extra for any veggies ($2.50). Really!!
So in general I'd agree with some of the other reviews. Good food ( not great, but solid, won't disappoint) Average service( not friendly, not cold ,...somewhere in between, but got the job done)
Prices- yes it's high but the steak is really good.