This was the most infuriating experience...we booked our reservation several days in advance, secured with a credit card.
The night of arrival, I called the hotel at 10:30pm to tell them we would be there around 2:00am. Tom at the front desk confirmed he would hold the room.
We arrived around 1:00am with our 3-yr-old twins groggy from a long, late night drive. And they tell us they sold our room! And that they secured a room 1 exit south at the Sleep Inn. By the way, we just came from the south.
Incredulously, we packed everyone back in the car and headed south 1 exit. We had a terrific experience at the Sleep Inn.
I called the Fairfield Inn General Manager a few days later to share the horrible experience I had with her hotel. Her response was, "I'm sorry for the obvious inconvenience. It's our policy to 'walk' no-shows so we don't turn people away if we have a room".
I politely explained *again* that we were not a no-show and that I am confident it is unusual for no-shows to call a couple hours ahead of time to let you know when to expect them. At that point she became rude and unprofessional. She offered no empathy for a difficult situation and only had policy and more policy to respond with (policy that clearly didn't apply to our circumstance).
At this point I decided we would never again stay at this hotel. If the General Manager cannot be kind and understanding over the phone to a customer I don't want to give them my business. I calmly informed her that our experience at the Sleep Inn was exceptional and that from here out we would be staying there.
She said nothing and hung up the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scranton Fairfield Inn by Marriott welcomes you with excellent amenities and always-friendly service with a smile. We're conveniently located, within miles of major highways and over 50 restaurants, shops, and other attractions. Business travelers have made us one of the go-to hotels in the Scranton, PA area for our close proximity to the Oil and Gas region, major healthcare facilities such as CHS, Alliance Global, TMG, Geisinger and other major companies! Likewise, leisure guests love to stay at Scranton Fairfield Inn for a convenient rest near popular attractions: NBC's "The Office" Tour, Viewmont Mall, Steamtown National Historic Site and Mohegan Sun Casino. When you're ready to relax, do so in our spacious rooms complete with luxury bedding, free Wi-Fi and premium Satellite channels on 32" flat screen TVs. Start each morning with our newly expanded free hot breakfast, now featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, Dannon yogurt and more. You'll also enjoy an indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scranton Fairfield Hotel Dickson City
- Fairfield Dickson City
- Fairfield Inn Dickson City
- Scranton Fairfield Inn
- Dickson City Fairfield Inn