Fairfield Inn Scranton
$45
TripAdvisor
$76
SleepInn
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtdickson citywould stay here againfree breakfastparking lotthe breakfast areaindoor poolstayed one nightmake your own wafflesthird floornice breakfastlong driverefrigeratoruniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We were in the area to move my niece into college for one night. The hotel was a good location for us and is located right off of Route 81. It's off a main street that has a lot of stores and restaurants within a few miles of the hotel. It is a very busy street and difficult to make a left from the hotel due to the traffic. There is also a Residence Inn right next door.

It's a small hotel (3 floors) but very comfortable. The gentleman that checked us in was very nice and efficient, the process took only a few minutes. The hotel offers free continental breakfast, a pool, hot tub, daily newspaper, and a PC in the lobby with internet. The hotel also has free WIFI throughout along with free parking.

We didn't use the pool and the hot tub wasn't working, I was looking forward to using that though. The breakfast room was very nice with a good selection of items including yogurt, fruit, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, muffiins, bagels, tea, coffee, & hot chocolate. It is well taken care of. It ends early during the week at 9am, but weekends it's open to 10am.

The room was very nice, the 2 queen beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious but with minimal toiletries (only a small bottle of shampoo & conditioner). The towels were a bit hard. There was a flat screen tv with a good amount of channels and a small coffee maker with a regular & a decaf coffee packet. I'd assume it's replaced daily.

We had a small problem with the toilet backing up and the manager came right up and fixed it, it worked fine after that.

I would recommend the hotel and stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JoeytravelerNJ
DicksonCity, Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words of our hotel and staff. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

For starters, we are Marriot reward members and wanted to find a nice hotel inside of Scranton for the least amount of points. This one looked very nice online, and mostly the same in person. It is situated in a small plaza also including a Residence Inn as well as a Japanese restaurant . Next door there is also a Staples and Best Buy for any electronics lovers!
My family and I came to this hotel mainly because we could use or gain points, and also because we had tickets to see the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees. When you first arrive you enter into a somewhat small lobby with a pool and breakfast area nearby. We got our room and noticed a bad smell like mold or mildew. Having allergies to both of these we called down to the lobby and they got us a new room right away.
Unfortunately we did have this issue, however service was great to address this issue. Our new room, just like the other is basically like any other Marriot hotel. Very nice, pretty clean and up to date. There were some small crumbs, cookies etc. left from the previous visitor, however nothing major. The air conditioning works extremely well and cooled off the room on a hot summer day.
A couple small disappointments arose during our visit, but again nothing really major. Watch out for the showers, the water does not go out easily, and you are standing holding the plug for 10 minutes. Also the pool is very shallow, considering the deep end is 4 ft. The storage room was constantly open, leaving an unpleasant look to a seemingly nice hotel. Lastly, the breakfast was just average for a Marriot! No eggs, bacon or any of the usual hot foods.
In the end, I did enjoy my stay here for the most part. The only thing I would change is bringing the quality more up to the full Marriot state. I would give this hotel a 3.5 but first of all I can't, and secondly the service here was outstanding, so they are the ones who deserve the good grade.

Room Tip: Pretty nice size, nice tv, not a #1 bathroom though
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
DicksonCity, Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy that our employees were able to handle the inconvenience of the smokey room to your liking and that you enjoyed our service overall. We will be keeping a closer eye on the details in the rooms. I do apologize for not having the hot items that you were looking for on our breakfast bar, however our breakfast is a deluxe continental and not a hot breakfast as you might find at other marriott hotels. We have added hard boiled eggs and bacon and egg sandwhiches to our breakfast. Hope you come back and stay with us again next time you are in the Scranton area.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I am a Lifetime Gold Marriott Rewards member.

In many ways, this is a standard Fairfield Inn. It begins its descent from "standard" to "poor" with cigarette burns in guestroom furniture and upholstery, an oddly handicap inaccessible front door, an indifferent staff, and a breakfast that lacked any source of protein.

On this trip I stayed at a Renaissance Hotel, a Marriott, and three other Fairfield Inns. Overall, the Marriott brands are slipping, but this one was, by far, the worst.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BrooklynRider
DicksonCity, Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand as a Gold Member. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are up to Marriott standards with our breakfast as well as our front doors. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Clean hotel. Staff very friendly. Location close to shopping and dining. Decor a little dated but clean Marriott property.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your response and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I decided to "walk-in" to the hotel and check availability. I was told only a king was available for a higher price then I had seen online (I checked in my ipad in the car before I walked in). I said I had seen 2 queen beds for a cheaper price but was told this wasn't available. So I went back to the car, booked the reservation on-line and then walked back in and checked in. Not sure why the hotel did not have the same offer I saw on-line.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bubba3122

Thank you for your response. I apologize for that inconvenience. Our computer system and what you see online should reflect the same availability. We will keep a closer eye on this in the future to make sure both are accurate so that this doesnt happen again in the future.