For starters, we are Marriot reward members and wanted to find a nice hotel inside of Scranton for the least amount of points. This one looked very nice online, and mostly the same in person. It is situated in a small plaza also including a Residence Inn as well as a Japanese restaurant . Next door there is also a Staples and Best Buy for any electronics lovers!
My family and I came to this hotel mainly because we could use or gain points, and also because we had tickets to see the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees. When you first arrive you enter into a somewhat small lobby with a pool and breakfast area nearby. We got our room and noticed a bad smell like mold or mildew. Having allergies to both of these we called down to the lobby and they got us a new room right away.
Unfortunately we did have this issue, however service was great to address this issue. Our new room, just like the other is basically like any other Marriot hotel. Very nice, pretty clean and up to date. There were some small crumbs, cookies etc. left from the previous visitor, however nothing major. The air conditioning works extremely well and cooled off the room on a hot summer day.
A couple small disappointments arose during our visit, but again nothing really major. Watch out for the showers, the water does not go out easily, and you are standing holding the plug for 10 minutes. Also the pool is very shallow, considering the deep end is 4 ft. The storage room was constantly open, leaving an unpleasant look to a seemingly nice hotel. Lastly, the breakfast was just average for a Marriot! No eggs, bacon or any of the usual hot foods.
In the end, I did enjoy my stay here for the most part. The only thing I would change is bringing the quality more up to the full Marriot state. I would give this hotel a 3.5 but first of all I can't, and secondly the service here was outstanding, so they are the ones who deserve the good grade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scranton Fairfield Inn by Marriott welcomes you with excellent amenities and always-friendly service with a smile. We're conveniently located, within miles of major highways and over 50 restaurants, shops, and other attractions. Business travelers have made us one of the go-to hotels in the Scranton, PA area for our close proximity to the Oil and Gas region, major healthcare facilities such as CHS, Alliance Global, TMG, Geisinger and other major companies! Likewise, leisure guests love to stay at Scranton Fairfield Inn for a convenient rest near popular attractions: NBC's "The Office" Tour, Viewmont Mall, Steamtown National Historic Site and Mohegan Sun Casino. When you're ready to relax, do so in our spacious rooms complete with luxury bedding, free Wi-Fi and premium Satellite channels on 32" flat screen TVs. Start each morning with our newly expanded free hot breakfast, now featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, Dannon yogurt and more. You'll also enjoy an indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scranton Fairfield Hotel Dickson City
- Fairfield Dickson City
- Fairfield Inn Dickson City
- Scranton Fairfield Inn
- Dickson City Fairfield Inn