“Local's spot in Scranton”

Libassi's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Read about Libassi's on TripAdvisor while driving through Scranton and decided to try it out. When we arrived around 6pm the parking lot was full, so we figured it has to be a popular spot. Inside the bar was full of guys who obviously were locals and there were a few tables in the dining room with guests having dinner. There was only one server for the dining room who quickly seated us and took our order while buzzing around serving others - all with a smile & positive attitude. The ambience is all local including the owner who was working the crowd. Our salads were typical greens and adequate. We ordered their pasta dishes consisting of gnocchi w/ basil, spaghetti w/ meat balls, and penne w/ prosciutto & vodka sauce. Everything was well prepared and we enjoyed them family style. All in all a good experience that I would recommend anytime you are in Scranton.

There are newer reviews for Libassi's Restaurant and Pizzeria

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've heard it said, if you want to judge an italian restaurant, you should try either chicken or veal parmigiana. My wife and I opted for the chicken, and let's just say it was fantastic. A very large portion, juicy tender chicken, lots of mozzarella, and a delicious sauce. We will be back.

2  Thank mark c
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This restaurant is a real find. The food is superb and servings huge. The surroundings are pleasant and absolutely spotless. The wait staff is extremely pleasant and pay close attention to your wants. The bar is well stocked with a variety of drinks. The place is a true family owned dining experience. Don't be surprised to get a personal, table side visit by the owner, to welcome you and check on your dining experience. All this for a very reasonably priced, true Italian restaurant.

1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I were at the Viewmont Mall shopping and were looking for somewhere different to have dinner. We checked out TirpAdvisor and decided on Libassi's. How fortunate for us. We had two terrific meals. I had Chicken Cacciatori and my wife had Blackened Salmon. They were served with home made rolls. The service was great. We had such a relaxed experience. The dining room itself is simply appointed but creates a nice atmosphere to go along with the well-chosen background music. There is also a full bar so we were able to have a glass of wine with our dinner. All in all it was an experience worth repeating which we intend to do next time we are in that area.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food and the service were top notch. I had the chicken marsala with linguini marinara so I could try both sauces. Both were among the best I ever had. I hope to return again soon.