“President's weekend skiing”
Review of Montage Mountain

Montage Mountain
Ranked #8 of 33 things to do in Scranton
More attraction details
Owner description: Montage Mountain features 26 trails, 7 lifts, snow tubing, and airboarding. Summer fun starts at Montage Mountain Waterpark! Featuring a wave pool, a regulation size volleyball court, lazy river, and the area's only 50 mph ZipRider, Montage Mountain has something for everyone to enjoy! Rent a private cabana or relax on one of three decks, and check out the all new summer food and drink menu!
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“President's weekend skiing”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We skied at Montage Mountain with many family friends so we were a large group. Apparently the new owners have invested much money on improvements to snow making equip, restaurant and bar. But the lifts are VERY SLOW and old. Most of the staff seemed to be in the parking lot directing traffic instead of at ticket booths or working on slopes. We paid in advance through liftopia but still had to wait at one of two very long lines to get tickets. Staff at customer service were rude and not helpful. I realize it was a busy weekend but they didn't seem able to handle it. There were NO trail maps to be found anywhere, including posted signs. Another drawback are the many steep stairs to get to the lodge which is difficult when hauling gear. There's too much XC trekking on the large flat areas to get to trails. Montage needs more improving before we'd go back.

Visited February 2014

Central PA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Stay away! ”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Arrived mid day for a family outing with 10 people, adults to age 4. Place was packed! Snow tubing....what a joke. Waited 45 min in line to buy tix....no online presale available. Walk up unmarked trail to tubing hill. NO staff around to help direct. We AGAIN wait 35 min to get to lift. Half way up the hill, they make us get off because my daughter (who's 11, but anxious) had a double person tube (planning to ride first time with me)...apparently only single tubes allowed on normal hill. She cries, and we are forced to go down kiddie hill smaller than my backyard. At this point, my 9 year old son is on top of large hill with family. He is midway down hill and falls off, injures himself, crying. AGAIN, NO STAFF TO HELP. He is confused and proceeds to walk half way down hill before falling. This whole time, I'm besides myself and no one helped him. Debating our options once we regroup...the lines are an hour long! I know they we busy, but the fact my son's safety was at risk is a terrible way to run a business. I immediately brought mt concerns to the manager in charge, but she was rude and basically was no help and brushed off my complaint with "there's nothing I can do". You don't complain at an amusement park when they are busy, do you?...we extended your ride time by one hour already ...(there was a delay in starting the tubing due to mech issues) when we got there.
We will never go back......we paid $60 for an adult and 2 children to tube down a bunny hill and get hurt on the other. 1 ride in an hour...ridiculous.

2 Thank CentralPATravelmom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This could be great with faster everything ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The mountain is very nice with some good long runs. The lifts are slow beyond belief and the restaurant just couldn't cope with the volume of customers presidents weekend .
Update the lifts and manage the place properly- winner

1 Thank Jonnyb155
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Ski Escape”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Sure the mountain is not Elk which is the undisputed PA leader but it is cheaper, quieter, has a better lodge including Wifi for free. The lifts are a bit slow but my children want to return even after we went to Elk the following day. Definately a worthwhile stop in the Pocono Ski world.

Visited January 2014
Scranton PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great family trip for all ages”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Skied Montage MLK weekend with 8 family members (ages 7 to 45) and were impressed with all of the renovations done to the facility. As other reviewers mentioned: snow making , grooming & staff were excellent. Ski lesson instructors are awesome. Mountain isn't huge (excellent for novice to intermediate skiers) but it has slopes (and a terrain park) for every level of skiing.
Bar menu, although limited, had something on it for everyone (nacho platter was huge, veggie burger great, S'mores tray fun & yummy), reasonably priced and tasty! Food court concessions had a lot of options.
Everyone enjoyed themselves & we will return.

Visited January 2014