“Favorite place for lunch”
Review of City Cafe

City Cafe
Ranked #44 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have yet to have a bad meal here, the grilled chicken panini, lamb stew, hummous, and burger have all been very good! I visit at least once a month. the atmosphere provides a nice break for those who work in scranton.

1  Thank Miki D
Dominic S, Owner at City Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Hey, Miki - Thank you so much for your continued support! It's truly appreciated.

We'll see you soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I went there on a craving for Mediterrean food...They was very nice and helpful in telling me what certain items were however didn't really care for the food. It wasn' that it was bad, just didn't really stand out.

Hi, Sweet Sophia - I know you wrote this in 2012, and I am little behind getting back to you considering it's 20-16, but a few things have changed for the good and I strongly believe you'll be more than happy if you give us another shot.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Expensive, the food is mediocre. Falafel was bad, tuna was bad, baklava was inedible.

Hi, Cherrydoll - My apologies that our food fell short of your expectations. Hopefully, you'll consider giving us another opportunity to win you over. If not, I understand. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I'm a fan of City Cafe. It has delicious Mediterranean food and a lot of variety for vegetarians (like me)!

2  Thank saltmarsh2

Delighted to hear that you enjoy City Cafe, saltmarsh2! Thanks for the great review and I forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2010

This place really made my short visit to Scranton worth remembering. It's a trendy-looking eatery with old-fashioned warmth and attention. A rare mix these days. The food was absolutely delicious. All the "real" mediterranean specialties with subtle spices, great plating and served up with a humble smile. The owner greeted us warmly and called repeating customers by their first names. He was quick to offer a suggestion or a bit of the restaurants history, etc. This was a smaller, intimate-feeling place.

There are tables outside on the street but it is a downtown location so that option wasn't as appealing for us, in the summer heat. If you go, be prepared to "byob" as he didn't have a liquor license and wasn't sure he would be getting one just yet. We truly enjoyed our leisurely dinner with our own bottle of wine as if we were in the dining room of a new friend. Made me sorry I wouldn't be returning anytime soon. Go here!

2  Thank Molly K

I can't begin to thank you enough for such a thoughtful/candid review! It's reading comments like this that make me want to stay in business for another 20+ years. Thanks again for your business and the great company you've provided.

Btw, my apologies on the late response. Happy New Year!

All the best,