“Very good meals & martinis”

Sambucca Italian Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambucca Italian Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 303 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
“Very good meals & martinis”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious, staff was friendly, but seemed to take a while to get our drink order. The food was delivered quickly and was yummy.

• Visited April 2013

Scott Township, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“little gem of scranton”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is truly a little gem in downtown Scranton, PA. The authentic Italian food is amazing and the service is great!! It was suprisingly busy for a Thursday evening, but we didnt have trouble getting a table.
there is a baby grand piano in the dining room, but not a piano player. I was told that there is music on Saturday night and reservations are suggested. We definitley want to re-visit for the whole experience!!

• Visited April 2013
Scranton, PA
“Most enjoyable meal Scranton recently”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Such a very enjoyable time! The pasta and seafood were perfectly cooked. The calamari was the tenderest we've ever had. The salads were very nice & portions more than adequate - but not excessive. The service was very professional. A gentleman took our order and someone else served, but there was no lack of attention. It was also not a hurried experience, as it was midweek, and that was pleasant as well. We're looking forward to a return visit!

• Visited January 2013
Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food, Somewhat offensive service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'll briefly state that we very much enjoyed the quality of our food (perfectly prepared pasta, appropriate portion sizes) but I agree with one of the previous posters that there was an aggressive quality to the service. There was definitely a touch of unwarranted disdain that any diner should be capable of picking up on. I suppose everyone is entitled to their off days but no diner likes to feel like they're an imposition for having merely chosen a particular restaurant. Though the food was some of the best I've had in a while, I wouldn't bother returning and that's a shame.

• Visited March 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing experience with staff”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I live locally, have been to Sambuca on several occasions, and had thought the service was fine. I went on a Saturday night with a friend and was told the kitchen was closing but we were welcome to have a drink in the bar area. Our drinks were served, and then the staff dimmed the lights and left the bar area. We were left there alone for over 45 minutes, without the opportunity to pay the bill or receive any further service. I stood at the bar twice, hoping someone could see me and assist me, when the staff noticed me from the back of the restaurant and came up. I asked if we were able to pay, and the staff member responded aggressively and loudly, telling us that they should be at home but we were keeping them there. Their anger would have been understandable if anyone had communicated with us or made it possible to pay for our drinks and leave. We were taken aback by the unwarranted coarseness and disdain with which we were treated, and it has ruined this restaurant for me.

• Visited March 2013