“Could not be more pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sambucca Italian Grille & Bar

Sambucca Italian Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambucca Italian Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 302 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
Clarks Summit
“Could not be more pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My fiancee and I had dinner here the other nite. The service was excellent. The waiter and owner mad eus feel like royalty. The pace of the meal was just right not too fast so you felt rushed but not so slow as you felt you were ignored. I had the veal "T" bone with mushroom sauce and the shrimp cocktail. My Financee had the veal parm and C salad. Everything was great. Cocktail sauce had a nice zing to it which I loved. The veal chop was incredible !!

Thanks for a nice dinner and great food and service.

Only advice I can give is consider a reservation as the place is small and could fill up fast I would imagine. It was a little slow the night we were there as it was middle of the week and the weather was bad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim_the_food_guy

Jackson, Pennsylvania
“Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Service - The service was very average. The place is small, so it doesn't take much to be crowded. There was basically one host, one server, and a food runner from the kitchen. The only time I saw the server was when we received meal courses. There were no stops in between except maybe to fill water once. Lucky thing I only wanted one cocktail all night. It was very hard to hear the server telling us the specials, and the tables around us seemed to have the same problem. It took about 20 minutes to get our check after we were finished.

Food - I ordered Melanzane for an appetizer. EXCELLENT. I wish I had ordered 2 helpings of it for my entree. I had the Sambuca salad before my entree, which was very fresh and perfect. I made the mistake of ordering the filet mignon at an Italian restaurant. It was prepared nice with tasty sauce, but the cut was very sub par. I wore out my jaw chewing on grizzle.

Value - For 1 appetizer, 2 salads, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and 1 cocktail it was $92 dollars before gratuity. Not bad. I would have been totally fine with this if my steak was up to snuff.

Atmosphere - Again, the place is small, so it's crowded. There is just enough room in between tables to not feel uncomfortable, however, the acoustics in the building are terrible so it's hard to hear what you want to hear and not hear what you don't want to hear.

All in all, it was decent.

• Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Good Italian Food in Downtown Scranton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel suggested this place for dinner. Was a good recommendation. The service was very good and the food was a good match. Had a very good pasta appetizer and duck breast dinner special that was also good. The only minor complaint was with dessert which tasted a bit stale. But then again, it was a monday night. Would certainly give them another try...

Visited November 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“One of the BEST in Scranton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Have ALWAYS had a wonderful experience here! Food is delicious!! Fresh & flavorful. Great ambiance...piano player on the weekend! Large menu with at least 3 nightly specials. Top notch service. HIGHLY recommend!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Wonderful meal, enjoyed the Chianti.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by on election night to relax and eat our dinner. We found a delightful spot with relaxing decor and attentive service. Food was fresh, flavorful and interesting. The cannoli was indeed very good with a different subtle flavor. Generous snifter of Sambuca for $6 (a pleasant surprise for us) and generous pours on the great Chianti. Two full dinners with 4 glasses of wine, espresso and the Sambuca for about $100.

1 Thank Wundergal